Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:13 AM

607 posts, read 922,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
She'll do anything to get into office, something we all know. For now she seems to be the VP.
Don't say ittttt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 01:09 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Default Say no to Osama, i mean obama

IF the polls, media and people i'm speaking to are correct then Obama wins. I want McCain. Obama is just another bad 4 years. Anyway I see obama taking it by winning PA, NH & possibly FL.

I doubt the democrats will sit this out, they will back obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
McCain can work with democrats and republicans.
Obama is so liberal he'll have trouble with his own party, the republicans won't even look at him.

Food for thought.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Obama could have close to $300m to play with. This is way more than Mccain. He wants staff in all 50 states within weeks and plans advertisments going ahead in more than half of them very soon. This allows him not only to solidify his current base, but also reach deep into republican territory. Mccain will have a hard enough time hanging on to what have been republican strongholds like Georgia and North Carolina. Obama is far better positioned strategically and financially than Mccain, and all other things equal, should win in November.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
Don't say ittttt.
See I understand Obama and Michelle doesn't want Hillary in the white house, but with a race practically tied at 48/47, who in the democratic party has more than what it takes for the democrats to sweep the race?

Basically with the failures of the Bush administration, Democrats should be way ahead than 48/47, a Hillary/Obama ticket would've swept the country, but Hillary tactics lost it. Hilary is suspending her campaign to take her delegates to the DNC, thus she is still going to the DNC to contest for the VP place. As a VP, she is in, that is all she needs, as the saying goes "live to fight another day".

Secondly, though McCain may be a weak GOP choice in a election where the GOP should've been swept away, the three leading issues are Iraq, economy and immigration. Basically immigration McCain and Obama are the same. As for Iraq, McCain is ahead and economy wise, we see Hilary will cover the issue on the Democrat side and McCain with more than one choice to cover this issue, Romney, Bloomberg and Crist. All a matter of speculation but if Obama chooses a weak VP, the tides can shift real quick from 48/47 to 47/48.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:17 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,429 times
Obama will win narrowly. If Hillbully is on the ticket then McCain could squeak by and I'm not joking. I don't support either candidate.

Bar none. It's Bob Barr for president 08

Old 06-29-2008, 03:19 PM

602 posts, read 1,962,024 times
I don't know who will win, but I do know it won't be decided on these boards.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Here's a question for the forum:

Who do you think, truly think will win the 2008 presidential election. I don't care who you support, I just want to know objectively, who has the best chance of winning this year and WHY?? I

Please don't make this a debate about how great you're candidate is, I just want to know what people think the results could be. As for me, I truly don't know. I could easily see both of them winning. It's just so volatile right now, but I do think it'll be very very close, regardless of who wins.

Mackinac
Even though i'm supporting Bob Barr, i think this is Obama's election to lose. I think Obama will win most even all of the Southern states including Virginia.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:36 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
Obama. I think the GOP is taking a half ass approach towards this election as it is. If McCain wins, and things get even worse it'll assure the Republicans they'll be a lost cause for the next three or four elections.

I would not be surprised if the "sit this out" idea is being tossed around now anyway, since if little/nothing improves under an Obama term, the republicans can bounce back in 2012 and say "see, nothings changed...vote us!!!!"

Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Default obama will win,

Excactly! Money means alot, like the post says below. McCain has my vote but obama will take Fl, MI, PA & NC to close the night with a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Obama could have close to $300m to play with. This is way more than Mccain. He wants staff in all 50 states within weeks and plans advertisments going ahead in more than half of them very soon. This allows him not only to solidify his current base, but also reach deep into republican territory. Mccain will have a hard enough time hanging on to what have been republican strongholds like Georgia and North Carolina. Obama is far better positioned strategically and financially than Mccain, and all other things equal, should win in November.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
George Bush again... I get the feeling the 2008 election will be cancelled.
If not I think McCain will win.. get ready for the next terrorist attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections