Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Every time Wesley Clark opens his mouth sewer poopy comes out. He is a trouble maker who got caught making poor decisions and was demoted.

He is a trouble maker who wants to be something so badly he will badmouth anyone.

He has ZERO value to anyone. He has a lot of room to talk.
Did you stand up and say he had zero value when he endorsed Hillary Clinton? Or was he right on target then?
I’m proud to endorse Hillary Clinton | WesPac | Securing America Community
Today, I am proud to announce my endorsement of Senator Hillary Clinton as President of the United States.

Senator Hillary Clinton has earned the support of millions of Americans in her campaign for president -- and today I am pleased to count myself among them. The world has reached a critical point, and we need a leader in the White House with the courage, intelligence and humility to navigate through many troubling challenges to our security at home and abroad. I believe Senator Clinton is that leader, and I whole-heartedly endorse her for President of the United States. Senator Clinton and I share a worldview in which diplomacy is the best first-strike tool in our arsenal; in today’s complicated global system, the United States should be making more friends than enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 05:10 PM

329 posts, read 586,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Did you stand up and say he had zero value when he endorsed Hillary Clinton? Or was he right on target then?
I’m proud to endorse Hillary Clinton | WesPac | Securing America Community
Today, I am proud to announce my endorsement of Senator Hillary Clinton as President of the United States.

Senator Hillary Clinton has earned the support of millions of Americans in her campaign for president -- and today I am pleased to count myself among them. The world has reached a critical point, and we need a leader in the White House with the courage, intelligence and humility to navigate through many troubling challenges to our security at home and abroad. I believe Senator Clinton is that leader, and I whole-heartedly endorse her for President of the United States. Senator Clinton and I share a worldview in which diplomacy is the best first-strike tool in our arsenal; in today’s complicated global system, the United States should be making more friends than enemies.
Doesn't that prove her point, that he doesn't matter? Hillary didn't win...

Old 06-29-2008, 05:23 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Hardly an unsuccessful military career. Any idea what it takes to successfully complete pilot training? Also, heading up a military organization isn't minimal achievement either

By late 1974, McCain had recuperated to the point where he was able to regain ("barely," as he put it) his cherished flight status. He took over as executive officer, and eventually commanding officer, for a group that trained aircraft carrier pilots at Cecil Field in Jacksonville.

Let's see, and Obama has mastered the art of voting "present" during voting issues.

Nice contrast...
Well yes I do know what it takes to pass pilot training, and I also know that he was given a good deal in that he came back injured and was not put out on medical disability immediately as many are not allowed to retrain and get their flight pay back. Exec officers are basically secretaries. Training assignments are mostly dead end and you are considered ROAD. i am sorry, I know there are many, many great military officers, and Sen McCain suffered greatly, but that does not qualify him to be President of the US. If you think that being a member of the military is a prerequisite, I guess he filled that square, but I think in a civilian government, it is not.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:32 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And again, we have TWO candidates, and we must choose who has more experience.. PERIOD.
Agree on many points, but do you really mean that it ALL boils down to just who has the most experience?

I think Obama's experience is more what I'd want; a guy who got busy trying to fix abuses that impact working stiffs, rather than McCain's experience of trying to cover up for a crooked banker and having a campaign staff made up TOTALLY of stinking lobbyists.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
If you followed any of my postings, you'd know that I dont think "hero" status is any qualification to be president. An aware, yeah, but president, no, it simply should add to ones' character.

That does nothing to say that Obama is tested and tried, because he also is not.
Based on this philosophy, John Kerry should have replaced George Bush because he had actual active duty experience in a war setting, making "life and death" decisions that effected people's lives. Even Al Gore did more war time than George Bush. So I hope your decision to hire a vet for the president was the same in 2004 and 2000. Otherwise, it is a non issue for being president.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Tonight's hot topic; "Mike From Back East" is slammed by the R posters on C-D. His crime; reporting the facts. The McCain butt-boys on this site will not like having to read the facts posted about their boy. Anyone who does so will be flamed and flamed hard.

The facts tend to upset their worldview which tells them that we've already found the WMD in Iraq and our troops were treated like liberators.

Great post Mike! golfgod
Thanks for the support. Facts are a bit pesky for some folks to face. What I don't understand is how anyone can still be in support of Bush and by proxy McCain, who is running on 4 more years of this disgraceful president.

I worked 30 years for the Army, and I sure as hell support our troops, but I don't like this phony war in Iraq, which we now KNOW was bogus. ((Vietnam was bogus too, the Gulf of Tonkin resolution was based on an "attack" that NEVER occurred, and we threw 60,000 of our FINEST young men down that sewer.)) We're over 4,000 now in Iraq and counting. Just because I think this war is wrong doesn't mean I don't "support the troops" and it doesn't mean I want Bin Laden to go free. Hell, I want Bin Laden's head on a stick, and I want to go after those jerks, and I want our troops safe and if wounded I want them well cared for, not the disgraceful treatment they've been getting from chimpy and crowd which is a national scandal. Hell, chimpy even cut veteran benefits the other year, what a moron.

Bush has wrecked our economy and McCain wants to continue that disaster by perpetuating the un-needed tax cuts of 2001. We CANNOT keep borrowing $400B per year forever. At least Obama will make a dent in that deficit spending by restoring tax levels on some folks to about where they were when chimpy cut taxes, and then chimpy left the cuts in place when the war started, an absolute miserable wrong economic decision, you cannot have "guns and butter" in the same economy, not for very long. McCain will continue to wreck our economy so badly that our nation may become insolvent, and cause a worldwide depression. McCain even says he doesn't understand economics, a fact that should scare the hell out of any GOP person, who are supposed to be the party of smart money. IMO, the GOP has simply become the party of crooked money, money stolen from us taxpayers and given to the wealthy and big corporations.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:50 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Hardly an unsuccessful military career. Any idea what it takes to successfully complete pilot training? Also, heading up a military organization isn't minimal achievement either

By late 1974, McCain had recuperated to the point where he was able to regain ("barely," as he put it) his cherished flight status. He took over as executive officer, and eventually commanding officer, for a group that trained aircraft carrier pilots at Cecil Field in Jacksonville.

Let's see, and Obama has mastered the art of voting "present" during voting issues.

Nice contrast...
I see - you'd prefer to answer the question by comparing the Hero status of Senator McCain to Senator Obama. But I'd like you to pause for a second and actually answer the topic, which may be a bit less challenging than the lack of knowledge exhibited regarding "present votes" and the Illinois legislature.

Yes I have some idea what it takes to successfully complete pilot training - do you wish to expound via relevancy to the thread or are we headed off topic on another Obama rant?

General Clark has clearly stated his feelings regarding Senator McCain's experience as it pertains to the position he seeks as Commander in Chief. You still haven't shown it's not a valid concern.

He says in my Experience - "McCain's weakness is that he's always been for the use of force, force and more force. In my experience, the only time to use force is as a last resort. ... When he talks about throwing Russia out of the G8 and makes ditties about bombing Iran, he betrays a disrespect for the office of the presidency."

Clearly he is comparing his experience to Senator McCain's.

Last edited by walidm; 06-29-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Because your own posting starts out with

John McCain "Untested and Untried"

So if I dont vote for McCain because he is untested and untried, I need to look at the opponent, Obama.. who is even less untested and even less untried. So if your posting is going to hold any relevant argument, that McCain is "untested and untried", then I need an alternative to vote for. Sorry, but Obama has the same problem..
So be it. Look to Senator Obama, Senator Ron Paul or whomever you are most comfortable, and begin a thread that discusses this contrast.

This thread however is to discuss, based upon the comments levied by General Clark, Senator McCain's experience on the platform he has chosen to run on.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:01 PM

329 posts, read 586,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Clearly you prefer to answer the question by comparing the Hero status of Senator McCain to Senator Obama. But I'd like you to pause for a second and actually answer the topic, which may be a bit less challenging than the lack of knowledge exhibited regarding "present votes" and the Illinois legislature.

Yes I have some idea what it takes to successfully complete pilot training - do you wish to expound via relevancy to the thread or are we headed off topic on another Obama rant?

General Clark has clearly stated his feelings regarding Senator McCain's experience as it pertains to the position he seeks as Commander in Chief. You still haven't shown it's not a valid concern.

He says in my Experience - "McCain's weakness is that he's always been for the use of force, force and more force. In my experience, the only time to use force is as a last resort. ... When he talks about throwing Russia out of the G8 and makes ditties about bombing Iran, he betrays a disrespect for the office of the presidency."

Clearly he is comparing his experience to Senator McCain's.
Now this was a great post. Reps to you. Though I personally feel McCain has more experience than the O in every meaningful category, this hit the issue spot on. Force is (should be anyway) always a last resort. We want to project strength as a nation, because strength is a universal language among people. Good leaders can project strength in many ways besides the use of force. Now, with that said, I still feel that McCain has it over Obama in this scenario. I don't think community organizing gives one the necessary time in the batters box to give US a good idea how he will react in the future.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
There will be plenty of people questioning the patriotism of those that don't support McCain. Go ahead and prepare yourselves, Obama fans.
I'm certain those of us who are secure in the meaning and framework for which the term patriotism is adequate and true, should not fear in the least the accusations of those less informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections