Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
This is the only news link that I can find that mentions only 2 of the men. cbs2chicago.com - African-American Gay Community Scared Over Deaths (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Donald.Young.Trinity.2.619036.html - broken link)
Thanks for posting that.

I found this one as well Activists: Black Gay Men Targeted In 2 Killings - News Story - WMAQ | Chicago I had to stop searching for their names because that only brought up blog sites and search for gay black men murdered in chicago

From the articles it looks like their problem may have been living on the South Side of Chicago Black Gay Activists Fear Violence Pattern (ChicagoPride.com)
Quote:
Last year, six men were shot at a New Year's Eve party attended primarily by Black gay men on the South Side.
Also it doesn't mention that Bland is a member of the church, only Young. Does anyone have any record of Bland being a member of TUCC?

Last edited by nat_at772; 07-01-2008 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
It is a very large group and if it has an outreach program for Gay Christians then it may have several who are in the murdered group. That has nothing to do with Obama.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Sometimes the truth hurts so bad that evne those who thunkk they are smerter then others cannot even find the information if it was handed to them.
I know, its welfare day for the Obamatrons and they are at the food bank and picking up their welfare checks today.

Lindsay, you need to stay in the Florida forum, you are much better of a person then some of these Obama rats who have a hard time with negatives facts about boy wonder.
I hope you won't be too shocked if Obama is our next president. AND if you were trying to compliment me I'm not clear however I can tell you I am all over this board, the only place I avoid is the religion forum so I won't be remaining in the Florida forum.

While I might be a Liberal, my opinions are just as valid as anyone elses. In fact some might say even more so since I am OUT IN THE real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections