U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,978,541 times

Advertisements

I watch the left and right talk about change which if you look at the current presidental race for D or R it's basically the same.

Here is my platform which holds true to the founders and princples of Liberty.

1. All Money will be printed by the US tresury and backed by gold. The Federal Reserve will be closed.
1a. No corporate or individual bailouts, the government can't borrow money, and no money for housing or stupidity bubbles.
2. The income tax will be removed and replaced with nothing and the IRS will be closed.
3. All foreign aid will come via individual charity not the tax payer government checkbook. Example Aids funding will come via individual charity not the government.
4. We will pull out of NATO and the UN.
5. All miltary bases will be closed and troops will come home.
6. We will have the greatest miltary but they will be on our soil not around the world. Will be able to hit any target anywhere in the world even if that means building SDI.
7. If attacked we will kill the enemy and declare war via congress.
8. Restore the 2nd amendment rights
9. Remove all "Free Speech Zones" Everyone can protest anywhere at anytime.
10. Gays can marry based on State LAW not Federal
11. Abortions can be legal or illegal also depending on the STATE, R vs W is reversed.
12. Anyone born after 2001 can opt out of SS, and those in it your benefits can role over to spouse or put into your will. If you pay into you should get something out of it. Otherwise the government is stealing it. The goal is to phase out SS overtime with the young taking responsiblity for themselves.
13. Parts of Welfare will be phased out and replaced with charities.
14. Free Trade agreements will be cancelled, Example NAFTA, CAFTA, WTO will no longer be running our job market. Hb1 visas cancelled and no visas from terrorist countries.
15. "FREE" Healthcare will be run via charities and donated hositipal causes.
16. National Guard will defend the borders from illegal immgrants and all companies have 5 years to comply on illegal immgrants or they go to jail or lose their business.
17. PULL out of IRAQ and let them figure out their future. Continue to find Osama without the entire miltary looking in caves.
18. Free trade and talks will all nations will be available and expected.
19. The united states will look at wars based on the threat of our constitution and lives of every American. Not Oil, or INTERESTS.
20. Every congressman and president and judge must understand and take their oath to defend, protect and preserve the constitution and understand the role of the federal government is to be limited.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 06-30-2008 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,759,065 times
This is great! I'll vote for ya.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 AM

11,385 posts, read 5,969,654 times
Perfect!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,291,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I watch the left and right talk about change which if you look at the current presidental race for D or R it's basically the same.

Here is my platform which holds true to the founders and princples of Liberty.

1. All Money will be printed by the US tresury and backed by gold. The Federal Reserve will be closed.
1a. No corporate or individual bailouts, the government can't borrow money, and no money for housing or stupidity bubbles.
2. The income tax will be removed and replaced with nothing and the IRS will be closed.
3. All foreign aid will come via individual charity not the tax payer government checkbook. Example Aids funding will come via individual charity not the government.
4. We will pull out of NATO and the UN.
5. All miltary bases will be closed and troops will come home.
6. We will have the greatest miltary but they will be on our soil not around the world. Will be able to hit any target anywhere in the world even if that means building SDI.
7. If attacked we will kill the enemy and declare war via congress.
8. Restore the 2nd amendment rights
9. Remove all "Free Speech Zones" Everyone can protest anywhere at anytime.
10. Gays can marry based on State LAW not Federal
11. Abortions can be legal or illegal also depending on the STATE, R vs W is reversed.
12. Anyone born after 2001 can opt out of SS, and those in it your benefits can role over to spouse or put into your will. If you pay into you should get something out of it. Otherwise the government is stealing it. The goal is to phase out SS overtime with the young taking responsiblity for themselves.
13. Parts of Welfare will be phased out and replaced with charities.
14. Free Trade agreements will be cancelled, Example NAFTA, CAFTA, WTO will no longer be running our job market. Hb1 visas cancelled and no visas from terrorist countries.
15. "FREE" Healthcare will be run via charities and donated hositipal causes.
16. National Guard will defend the borders from illegal immgrants and all companies have 5 years to comply on illegal immgrants or they go to jail or lose their business.
17. PULL out of IRAQ and let them figure out their future. Continue to find Osama without the entire miltary looking in caves.
18. Free trade and talks will all nations will be available and expected.
19. The united states will look at wars based on the threat of our constitution and lives of every American. Not Oil, or INTERESTS.
20. Every congressman and president and judge must understand and take their oath to defend, protect and preserve the constitution and understand the role of the federal government is to be limited.

A few points seem extreme.....but then I think, could making such radical changes --which in reality is adhering to the constitution -- destroy our country? No, I don't think it would. I think it would strength it.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM

11,385 posts, read 5,969,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
A few points seem extreme.....but then I think, could making such radical changes --which in reality is adhering to the constitution -- destroy our country? No, I don't think it would. I think it would strength it.
Out of curiosity, which ones seem extreme?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,291,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The closing of the federal reserve, the ending of ss, and the isolationism.

I think that if we did these things, life would be pretty bumpy for awhile, but it would get better and we would be on a better footing for it.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Yes liberty usually is extreme and so is the urgue not to get involved in every world event.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:01 AM

857 posts, read 1,805,640 times
typical libertarian stance.
Lots of great ideas, no plans for implementation...

Old 06-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
typical libertarian stance.
Lots of great ideas, no plans for implementation...

There is a plan it's called the constitution just to many stupid people forget what it is and to many republicans and democrats also now think big government is a religion...

Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,357,433 times
I agree with most of your platform. However, I was born before 2001 and I would love the option of opting out of ss. Give me what I paid in and I will invest it on my own. I will do a better job than the government.

I don't see your solution for the illegals already here. I would not be for allowing them to stay-no amnesty. I want them deported.

Closing all military bases around the world and pulling out of Iraq- I cannot agree on that-need to study it more.

I like repealing NAFTA, etc. You say replace it with actual "free trade". I don't want just another NAFTA to replace the one we have now. I want a strong manufacturing base for this country-like we once had. IMHO-that is vital to our future. We need to make things to be a strong country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or