Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,859,702 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Political Ticker: Abbi Tanton -- PUMA Party Unity My Ass

Democrat Unity? Looks like it's making it's way into the MSM.

Well worth watching the video just to hear the young british lady tell Wolf what PUMA stands for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 PM

21 posts, read 27,988 times
I just learned of PUMA today and, well I'm flabergasted! I don't know whether to laugh, cheer or cry.

It does seem as though there is very good organization in this group. They are raising money to help Clinton to pay off her debt.

The action plan for PUMAs is:
1.) Dissociate yourself from the party. Tell them you will not be a party to its self destructive behavior.

2.) Reflect on your values. Read the credo at the top of this site and create at better one. Keep the language general and inclusive. Concentrate on universal truths and beliefs. Avoid wordsmithing.

3.) Stick together. We are powerful as a unit if we do not fall victim to the psychological warfare that is about to be directed at us. Turn off the media. Avoid conversations with trolls. Stand firm and do not yield.

4.) Remember that there is a better alternative. Hillary Clinton is the strongest candidate for the party and the nation. She has a lot of support out there. The nation will rally around her if we let them know we are not giving in. We must not let her concede one inch. Stand firm. Send her your good thoughts. Send her money. Do not give up.

5.) Spread the word.
Monday: PUMA Power « The Confluence

In doing more research I am finding some that are claiming that this is an organization started by.....republicans.

I'd be interested to see what you all know or can find on PUMA.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:51 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,690,213 times
Anything that splits the picture perfect image of the Democrats is good news.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,826,541 times
Hillary! Hillary!

I 100% support the PUMA movement. Let Obama self implode.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:20 PM

956 posts, read 1,231,983 times
I just love the name ... whoever came up with that is brilliantly clever. I can't wait to see how this all sorts out ... could get very interesting.

It is amazing, though, how quickly they've come up with so many millions of dollars to pay off the campaign debt of a woman worth $100M.

Her problem just breaks my heart.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

These are not republicans that started this "movement".

These are the Hill&Bill supporters who are mad as he**.

It's going to get even nastier if Obama/Dean won't allow a roll call vote on the convention floor. I guess they think he might lose it right there.

The roll call vote is tradition and a courtesy that was extended to the losing candidate.

I'm guessing they don't have the cojones to do it.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

These are not republicans that started this "movement".

These are the Hill&Bill supporters who are mad as he**.

It's going to get even nastier if Obama/Dean won't allow a roll call vote on the convention floor. I guess they think he might lose it right there.

The roll call vote is tradition and a courtesy that was extended to the losing candidate.

I'm guessing they don't have the cojones to do it.
I can tell you this, forces are mobilizing, and should Dean not allow the roll-call ALL HELL will break loose!!!! It will be broadcast for all the world to see!!!! Where will Obama's unity message be at that point? In the tank. If a roll call is not allowed, a huge number of votes will be lost to the McCain camp and Obama can kiss his bid for presidency goodbye.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:31 PM

YouTube - The Battle May be Over...but the War Has just Begun!

This is a video of a very articulate, passionate Hill&Bill supporter. A good watch.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:40 PM

Interesting story on PUMAs:

John Tomasic: Hillary's PUMA Voters: "It's Not Too Late!" - Off The Bus on The Huffington Post

Old 07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
mga

230 posts, read 396,816 times
P.U.M.A. PAC Action Center, Political Action Committee

apparently PUMA PAC members have been growing in numbers quickly.

will there be an interesting twist at the democrat convention? with obama switching his positions recently on many issues held dear to democrats, the PUMA people are on a major campaign to get members to write to the delegates asking them to change their support of obama.

this was also discussed by neil cavuto on FOX as he interviewed some one from PUMA PAC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections