Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,819,373 times

Advertisements

Once again McCain denied that he never said he was weaker on economics than miltiary and foregeign affairs. This morning on ABC he lied again, and the lady (Robin Roberts??) at ABC let him get away with it.

He did it to Russert during a debate and Russert stuck it right up his a** on Meet The Press.

Note to any mainstream media interviewer. When you question him on this, he will lie! Don't sit there with your "deer in the headlights" look on your pretty face, CALL HIM ON IT. Or is being all buddy buddy with "Mr. Straight Talk" that important to you.

Jeezalou this guy lies almost as much as Nixon.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 10:29 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,208,675 times
Wow, a politician lying. That's a first.

No offense to you GG, I applaud you for bringing things like this to the forum. I personally get tired of the lies and phony promises that all politicians make, regardless of what party they are.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,867,771 times
He never said any of that stuff, It was taken out of context and his words twisted. You should find a differnet hobby you seem a little glazed over in hatred of your enemies

Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,769,602 times
I saw Russert giving it to him for that. One of my personal favorite Russert moments. Damn I will miss that guy.

I am salivating for these debates to get going. McCain is so out of his league.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,561,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

Jeezalou this guy lies almost as much as Nixon.
I believe Nixon served as a sailor in WWII, ended the Vietnam War, Opened the doors to China, put a man on the moon and established the SALTI treaty. That liar did accomplish quite a lot.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Nixon_greets_POW_McCain.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,867,771 times
Obama didnt look quite so eloquent in the debates against Billary while straight talkin John was in his element free stylin. The best thing you can do for obama is keep him behind a teleprompter

Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,393,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
I believe Nixon served as a sailor in WWII, ended the Vietnam War, Opened the doors to China, put a man on the moon and established the SALTI treaty. That liar did accomplish quite a lot.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Nixon_greets_POW_McCain.jpg (broken link)

Yep, all he's got to do now is find a cure for cancer and aging and he'll be in great shape.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM

bryan61 wrote;
Quote:
He never said any of that stuff, It was taken out of context and his words twisted
See bryan that's the amazing thing about the past few years, there have been a number of inventions like video tape, digital video recorders etc. So it's actually on tape, the FULL interview.

Which kind of leaves us with 3 options about McCain:

1. He's so dumb that he doesn't know this stuff exists.

2. He's so full of himself that he doesn't care if he's caught lying.

3. He's so old that he's losing his ability to remember today what he said yesterday.

It's really funny to watch his aides scramble to come up with excuses, kind of like bryan61;

1. His was misquoted, taken out of context/

2. He was making a joke, c'mon guys.

Nice try though bryan, well except for the "hatred" comment. FYI I'm a former R precint chairman and a big McCain booster in 2000. If you want to read "hatred" check out sunshinechick and a few others in the "anti-Obama" threads. The threads are a bit tiring though, mainly a collection of overcirculated emails regarding the same old BS about Obama.

golfgod

Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,393,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
bryan61 wrote;

See bryan that's the amazing thing about the past few years, there have been a number of inventions like video tape, digital video recorders etc. So it's actually on tape, the FULL interview.

Which kind of leaves us with 3 options about McCain:

1. He's so dumb that he doesn't know this stuff exists.

2. He's so full of himself that he doesn't care if he's caught lying.

3. He's so old that he's losing his ability to remember today what he said yesterday.

It's really funny to watch his aides scramble to come up with excuses, kind of like bryan61;

1. His was misquoted, taken out of context/

2. He was making a joke, c'mon guys.

Nice try though bryan, well except for the "hatred" comment. FYI I'm a former R precint chairman and a big McCain booster in 2000. If you want to read "hatred" check out sunshinechick and a few others in the "anti-Obama" threads. The threads are a bit tiring though, mainly a collection of overcirculated emails regarding the same old BS about Obama.

golfgod

I think numbers 1 and 3 are the most probable.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM

rangerduke wrote;
Quote:
Yes on US Navy in WWII

Ended the Viet Nam war? Sorry I just shot milk out my nose.

Opened the door to China. YES, although no one else could have, because Nixon would have jumped out of the wordwork to call them an appeaser. But it was probably the best thing he did.

Put a man on the moon. Uh, no, but he was President when it happened.

But he also tried to shred the US Constitution, was raging anti-Semite, and at the risk of repeating myself, a liar. I'm pretty sure Hitler's dog thought he was a great guy, doesn't make him so. And NO, I'm not comparing Nixon to Hitler, just stating that sometimes the bad outweighs the good.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections