Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

it's a blog...Obama didn't write that...lying isn't nice no matter how desperate you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 11:30 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
A Clarification

Message to American Voters
By Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)
My Fellow Americans:

You may have read recent news reports that suggest I have modified my position regarding the redeployment of American military personnel in Iraq. Unfortunately, these reports have been the source of much confusion and anxiety among the millions of voters who have supported my campaign, and I would like to take this opportunity to address their concerns.

Let me be crystal clear: if elected president, my first act will be to call for the immediate withdrawal of all American troops from Iraq. I have always been consistent and forthright in this position, and I want to reassure my supporters that my recent statement backtracking from it was just some bull**** my staff came up with to tack to the center for the general election. To win this election, it will be critical to appeal to the dwindling but stubborn group of idiots who cling to fantasies of American "victory" in this tragic disaster. It's an unfortunate part of the complicated game of presidential politics, but let's face it: I can't stop this war if I'm not in the White House. However, you should know by now that whatever I may say from now until November, once elected I will immediately pull the rug from these gullible pro-war rubes.

Or will I? As is obvious to all but the most deluded HuffPo retard, the surge in Iraq has produced dramatic improvements in security throughout Iraq, and the roots of a stable pro-American democracy. We have the terrorists on the run, and it would obviously be crazy for us to pull our troops from the region just as we are on the verge of victory. And it is equally obvious that everything I said in the previous paragraph was designed to placate the naive hipster moonbats I brilliantly exploited to destroy the Clintons. (You're welcome.) Now that the nomination is in the bag, I am finally free to stake out my genuine pro-victory Iraq position, and have a good laugh while the dKos morons screech like a bunch of apoplectic howler monkeys. Let's face it: at the rate I'm heading right on national security, I'll be raining nukes on Tehran by February.

See what I mean? That previous paragraph should be a signal to all of you in the progressive community just how committed I am to an immediate troop withdrawal. If that's the kind of shameless bellicose jingoism it takes to temporarily fool the neocons and extra-chromosome Jebus tards, I will do it. Just as I was willing to wear the stupid flag lapel pin to satisfy their lust for empty "patriotic" symbolism. But deep in your heart you know my real goal: to end this war, and atone to the world for the 28 nightmare years of Reagan-Bush-Clinton-Bush fascism. Imagine the looks on the multinational plutocrats' faces when I sign the bill that nationalizes their stupid oil industry!

And that there is exactly the kind of transparent commie crap that left wing lunatics eat up. It's unfortunate that I had to participate in it during the primary season, but just look at all of the comsymps and pinkos I've thrown under the bus in the last 6 weeks - Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger, Samantha Power, Jim Johnson, the list goes on. And you know what? I enjoyed it. Ask yourself this: when was the last time John McCain stabbed a lefty ******* in the back? Then ask yourself: who's the real conservative in this race?

In conclusion, this should make it clear to the broad moderate middle mainstream of independent American voters that I am willing to reach out to both sides of the contentious war debate, and forge a new national consensus based on unity. Together, we can build a new era of hope, and bring an end to politics of cynicism.

iowahawk: A Clarification

sums it up rather well.

reading the posts above, it's obvious no one really knows where obama stands on the war, but it appears that his (current) position is no different than john mc cain's.

but, fret not...we still have several months to go for him to once again change his mind.
Great post!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Great post!
You'll buy anything...put it in front of your face and if it's something you agree wwith it's OK.

Please don't EVER do any research or go to a direct source...you won't understand ....

Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You'll buy anything...put it in front of your face and if it's something you agree wwith it's OK.

Please don't EVER do any research or go to a direct source...you won't understand ....
Who said I bought anything? I thought the post was clever and entertaining. Are you stalking me?

Old 07-04-2008, 12:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Analysis: Obama's centrist emphasis gives GOP ammo - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 07-04-2008, 01:35 PM
mga mga started this thread

230 posts, read 397,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
it's a blog...Obama didn't write that...lying isn't nice no matter how desperate you are.
i never said obama wrote it....i said it "sums it up rather well".

however, the fact remains that obama has flipped again on his iraq war stand. for those of you seeking an end to the war, i have news for you: it ain't gonna happen. get over it. no one is bringing the troops home, no one is ending any wars. obama is not going to do anything different, if elected, except to increase the military activity.

the reason i say increase is because in order to even come close to ending the war, he needs to go on an all out offensive. get used to more troops dying, and, of course, a much larger military budget....which, by the way, obama has repeatedly said he would increase. so, if you're complaining now about bush's military spending, obama is going to double it. again, he has said that in the past.

what amazes me is how the anti-war people actually believe obama is going to end the war. are those people really that stupid??

Old 07-04-2008, 02:04 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
i never said obama wrote it....i said it "sums it up rather well".

however, the fact remains that obama has flipped again on his iraq war stand. for those of you seeking an end to the war, i have news for you: it ain't gonna happen. get over it. no one is bringing the troops home, no one is ending any wars. obama is not going to do anything different, if elected, except to increase the military activity.

the reason i say increase is because in order to even come close to ending the war, he needs to go on an all out offensive. get used to more troops dying, and, of course, a much larger military budget....which, by the way, obama has repeatedly said he would increase. so, if you're complaining now about bush's military spending, obama is going to double it. again, he has said that in the past.

what amazes me is how the anti-war people actually believe obama is going to end the war. are those people really that stupid??
I love the Obamaphobes. If he listens to Generals, you get the familiar chirping of "Change, what Change???"

If he does not listen to Generals, you get the familiar chirping of "He is too Naive and Inexperienced!!"

Thank God he is listening to the military leadership. Hopefully he will do a better job than Bush, who just fired the generals who told him things he did not want to hear and replaced them with new ones.

Listen, Obama has never said he will "double" Bush's military budget. He did say he will add funding for more recruits which are desperately needed. He recognizes more forces will be needed in Afghanistan, which Bush turned his back on all these years while looking for Iraqi WMDs under his couch.
He remains committed to getting our troops out of the nation building business in Iraq as as soon as is practicable, after consultation with our military leadership. That is a good thing, boys and girls.

And no, no "all out offensive" need be a prerequisite to a balanced and phased withdrawal in concert with Iraqi forces, despite what some of our CDF posters may tell you. Just Fearmongering there.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:05 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
iwhat amazes me is how the anti-war people actually believe obama is going to end the war. are those people really that stupid??
Who? Them!?

Old 07-04-2008, 02:06 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Just Fearmongering there.
Kind of like your side has done for the past five years.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I love the Obamaphobes. If he listens to Generals, you get the familiar chirping of "Change, what Change???"

If he does not listen to Generals, you get the familiar chirping of "He is too Naive and Inexperienced!!"

Thank God he is listening to the military leadership. Hopefully he will do a better job than Bush, who just fired the generals who told him things he did not want to hear and replaced them with new ones.

Listen, Obama has never said he will "double" Bush's military budget. He did say he will add funding for more recruits which are desperately needed. He recognizes more forces will be needed in Afghanistan, which Bush turned his back on all these years while looking for Iraqi WMDs under his couch.
He remains committed to getting our troops out of the nation building business in Iraq as as soon as is practicable, after consultation with our military leadership. That is a good thing, boys and girls.

And no, no "all out offensive" need be a prerequisite to a balanced and phased withdrawal in concert with Iraqi forces, despite what some of our CDF posters may tell you. Just Fearmongering there.
Maybe he is just trying to soften the blow to the Obamatrons and give them reasons for denial when he does no do what he claimed he would while in the primary. These Obamatrons are either too stupid to realize that they were duped or so stubborn that they will dring anything even the Kool-Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections