Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times

Advertisements

The Republican National Committee last night began running ads questioning Barack Obama's commitment to energy reform, the first major ad buy by either party in the presidential race.

Obama says nothing but "no" when it comes to addressing the energy problems the country is facing. "He just says no to lower gas taxes.... No to nuclear.... No to more production," says the narrator before concluding: "No new solutions. Barack Obama: Just the party line."

www.kansascity.com | 07/06/2008 | Republican Party ad assails Obama on energy (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 05:24 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times
Wow. That was actually a pretty fair analysis following the ad's descriptions. I think it's a fair ad. Sure, it doesn't say why he opposes these things, but why may not be important to people who believe drilling here and cutting the gas tax for the summer would not lead to lower prices.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Not really fair - considering Obama has indeed brought forward proposals. He does support nuclear, but wants a plan to contain the waste established prior to building more plants.

(This is what is known as "Planning Ahead." What was missing in Iraq, as one example.)

I like some of McCain's ideas relative to energy also...but to say Obama is not discussing ideas is patently false.

If either one of them does anything about it, it will be more than any of their predecessors - which all pretty much did nothing until it now has turned into a crisis.

McCain + Obama = a valid energy plan - Opinion - USATODAY.com

Old 07-07-2008, 01:28 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Obamas plans are 30 years in the making. We need something done right now.
And he wont put anything in concrete, if I were him I would be all over this because he is coming out as the man without a plan on this one.

He is losing the Iraq War issue and the economic issue of oil prices because he lacks concrete plans on energy other then giving a non answer to most questions.

He just doesnt know what to do, he cannot make a decision.

Hang in there, he will again follow McCain on these issues like he did with Iraq recently.

I hope they attack him until his brains pop out. He needs a good ole butt whoopin so we can see what he is made of.

He is a total failure as a decision maker and a total farce as a leader and the RNC is going after him because he is wrong on all the key issues.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:50 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Barack Hussein Obama has no 'real' plans for anything he promises.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:01 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Not really fair - considering Obama has indeed brought forward proposals. He does support nuclear, but wants a plan to contain the waste established prior to building more plants.

(This is what is known as "Planning Ahead." What was missing in Iraq, as one example.)

I like some of McCain's ideas relative to energy also...but to say Obama is not discussing ideas is patently false.

If either one of them does anything about it, it will be more than any of their predecessors - which all pretty much did nothing until it now has turned into a crisis.

McCain + Obama = a valid energy plan - Opinion - USATODAY.com
Doesn't mention nuclear on Barack's website.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:34 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Obama has no plan that I have heard.
He has yet to talk about any of his plans because he is so busy pandering and flip/floping.
good grief, I really hope the dems wake up before the convention and throw his butt out. That won't happen though because it would mean admitting they were wrong and that will never happen.
It is sickening to hear some of the folks like, Joe Biden, trying to defend this clown.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 AM

317 posts, read 496,093 times
Obama doesn't need an energy plan. His speeches about "change" will keep all of our gas tanks full. What is everybody so worried about?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:01 AM

35 posts, read 120,896 times
The Constitution doesn't give the President, or any other federal agent the authority to interefere in the country's energy policy. Why not let the private sector take care of it like we do with most other things? Why in the world should we expect any person to be an expert on energy just because they are running for president?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Obama doesn't need an energy plan. His speeches about "change" will keep all of our gas tanks full. What is everybody so worried about?

Indeed. Just like he cured racism and race division in this nation with his historic "cover my ass because of my racist church speech" (allegedly on par with the Gettysburg address, according to the punditocracy).... so too will the nation's energy crisis be cured with his words. He's such a good speaker, ya know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections