Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,537,846 times

Advertisements

How about researching your statement before posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup.
But I guess that's what happens when your party runs the country into the ground.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:40 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,455,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Please give me your email address so I can ask you for your social security number and credit cards!

Do you actually know what you are talking about here? Seriously - forgetting Obama's earlier experience, he was elected to the IL Senate in 1996 and served until 2004 when in Nov he was elected to the U.S. Senate. So that's 4 more years. Please explain how anyone here can possibly say he's had 143 days of experience in the Senate.

If emails are factual, then I guess I should believe the one that says I can grow a larger penis.

Hah! He was elected to the IL Senate by having a team of lawyers throw all his competition off the ticket on 'technicalities'.

Quote:
In his first race for office, seeking a state Senate seat on Chicago's gritty South Side in 1996, Obama effectively used election rules to eliminate his Democratic competition.
As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers.

The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district.
"That was Chicago politics," said John Kass, a veteran Chicago Tribune columnist. "Knock out your opposition, challenge their petitions, destroy your enemy, right? It is how Barack Obama destroyed his enemies back in 1996 that conflicts with his message today. He may have gotten his start registering thousands of voters. But in that first race, he made sure voters had just one choice."

One other opponent who Obama eliminated by challenging his petitions, Gha-is Askia, .....
But back at the time he was running for state Senate, Askia said, he was dismayed Obama would use such tactics.
"It wasn't honorable," he said. "I wouldn't have done it."
He said the Obama team challenged every single one of his petitions on "technicalities."
If names were printed instead of signed in cursive writing, they were declared invalid.

Kass, the Chicago Tribune columnist, said the national media are naive when it comes to Chicago politics, which is a serious business.
He said they have bought into a narrative that Obama is strictly a reformer. The truth, Kass says, is that he is a bare-knuckled politician. And using the rules to win his first office is part of who Obama is.
"It's not the tactics of 'let's all people come together and put your best ideas forward and the best ideas win,' " Kass said. "That's the spin; that's in the Kool-Aid. You can have some. Any flavor. But the real deal was, get rid of Alice Palmer.
"There are those who think that registering people to vote and getting them involved in politics and then using this tactic in terms of denying Alice Palmer the right to compete, that these things are inconsistent. And guess what? They are. They are inconsistent. But that's the politics he plays."
Obama played hardball in first Chicago campaign - CNN.com

Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,507,325 times
Marxist agenda? You people must be smoking crack! God conservatives just keep proving how dumb they are with stuff like this!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,211,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
How about researching your statement before posting it.
I've not only researched it. I've lived it - and so have you (I assume) so you should know better.
Look who's run up the debt:

BIG BLACK BOOTS - Information on the US Economy

Ken

Old 10-04-2008, 08:58 AM

Wow...so Bush is paying for all the stuff that Clinton did.

that's a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I've not only researched it. I've lived it - and so have you (I assume) so you should know better.
Look who's run up the debt:

BIG BLACK BOOTS - Information on the US Economy

Ken

Old 10-04-2008, 09:05 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,529,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Wow...so Bush is paying for all the stuff that Clinton did.

that's a good point

Senator McCain is paying for all the stuff Bush did, Just like the rest of us have paid for all the "stuff" President Bush has and hasn't done.
Obama/Biden 353 McCain/Palin 185

Old 10-04-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't know I think he's done a pretty good job. Low taxes, low unemployment, good stock market, GDP roaring along, all that before the slowdown in our economy, which is nothing unusual.

In addition, his very aggressive stance fighting the terrorists in Iraq and elsewhere has kept the us from another attack on our soil. You remember 9/11, don't you?

And now with Iraq close to becoming a self sufficient functioning democracy at peace within it's borders and political reconciliation taking place, I think "W"s "vision" is well on it's way to success.
Thanks for defining the terms of the Bailout...er success.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:11 AM

well someone has to do the cleanup afterwards.

Clinton has done MORE HARM to our current economic crisis than good.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Alert!! fear tactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The thought of a person with 143 days of in the Senate is just too frightening.

oops, That's Senator McCain's fear tactic. Sorry..

Old 10-04-2008, 09:17 AM

Uh huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections