U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 AM

41,214 posts, read 23,147,184 times
Default NYTimes; Pulls the mask from Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/04/op...ml?ref=opinion

Quote:
Quote:
New and Not Improved
I guess not even the NYT can ignore what Obama has morphed into.

Truly, I am shocked they have put it out for the perusal of the public. Actually, I'm quite pleased that the MSM have ripped him a new one on his flips.

Last edited by sanrene; 07-07-2008 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Title correction
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
mga

230 posts, read 251,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/04/op...ml?ref=opinion

I guess not even the NYT can ignore what Obama has morphed into.

Truly, I am shocked they have put it out for the perusal of the public. Actually, I'm quite pleased that the MSM have ripped him a new one on his flips.
yea, well, they put it out on a holiday weekend when few people will read it. the rest of the time, the NYT is bowing down before obama smothering him with praise.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,572,227 times
Who cares what the newyork times thinks? Afterall they are liberal right?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM

13,391 posts, read 15,272,602 times
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't received greater attention here:

Mr. Obama’s shifts are striking because he was the candidate who proposed to change the face of politics, the man of passionate convictions who did not play old political games.

The article lists public financing, immunity for telecoms concerning wiretaps, pandering to evangelicals, death penalty and gun control as issues where he has altered positions. They go on to state that Iraq is still a major difference with McCain.

Or, at least it was when the article was published...

Old 07-07-2008, 03:06 PM

41,214 posts, read 23,147,184 times
Don't expect the Bots to acknowledge the shape-shifting Obama is doing. To them nothing, absolutely nothing, could wash their minds of the kool-aid.

Thank heaven there are not enough of them to get him in the WH.

Although I will say the FISA shift of all the flips he has done, is the most troubling to a lot of the far-left kooks that support him.

they are up-in-arms about it.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 PM

13,391 posts, read 15,272,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't expect the Bots to acknowledge the shape-shifting Obama is doing. To them nothing, absolutely nothing, could wash their minds of the kool-aid.

Thank heaven there are not enough of them to get him in the WH.

Although I will say the FISA shift of all the flips he has done, is the most troubling to a lot of the far-left kooks that support him.

they are up-in-arms about it.
This is the type of story that I wish some of the more adamant Obama supporters would address. The story source is an editorial from the New York Times, and I would think they would want to explain why the paper is incorrect. If they agree with the editorial, and explanation as to why they agree with these changes would be welcome.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM

509 posts, read 407,063 times
McCain has moved to the right since getting the nomination. That left room for Obama to move to the right to fill the void. Its called general election politics, it is different audience. Also just like the campaign financing, its politics. He is playing to win.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:30 PM

3,535 posts, read 6,235,046 times
I guess the OP didn't read far enough into the NY Times. There was an article today about Obama's days as an organizer. He comes off as a true leader who finds his calling helping folks.

Check it out!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/us...er&oref=slogin

Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 PM

5,389 posts, read 4,659,660 times
And why I will vote for Obama. My choices are a proven leader who can reach across the aisle and negotiate mutually beneficial results, or an elderly gentlemen who wants to follow the failed policies of his predecessor as best he can.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 PM

4,645 posts, read 4,439,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't received greater attention here:

Mr. Obama’s shifts are striking because he was the candidate who proposed to change the face of politics, the man of passionate convictions who did not play old political games.

The article lists public financing, immunity for telecoms concerning wiretaps, pandering to evangelicals, death penalty and gun control as issues where he has altered positions. They go on to state that Iraq is still a major difference with McCain.

Or, at least it was when the article was published...
There are other major differences between the candidates as listed in the article.
"There are still vital differences between Mr. Obama and Senator John McCain on issues like the war in Iraq, taxes, health care and Supreme Court nominations. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections