Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the real Obama - the "Primary Obama" or the "General election Obama"???
The Primary Obama is the real one. He is just faking positions for the General election. 3 12.50%
The General election Obama is the real one. He was faking during the primary to get nominated. 3 12.50%
Neither one. The guy is a total phony/fraud. 17 70.83%
I do not know / not sure. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 PM

881 posts, read 1,586,099 times

Advertisements

Which Barack Hussein Obama is your candidate: the Primary Obama or the General Election Obama?

This is a very serious question. Obama from the Democratic Primary and the General Election Primary are two completely different candidates!

Obama in the Primary was: Pull out of Iraq immediately as soon as take office.
Obama in the General is: Pull out... well MAYBE after 16 months and depending on what the generals on the ground say. But it will depend. I saw a YouTube clip where Obama actually says he won't pull out of Iraq until the end of "his first term" in 4 years.

Obama in the Primary was: No flag pin, no patriotism, hating small town people who "cling to guns and religion because they are bitter". Elitism, Harvard Law school, Jeremiah Wright is awesome, etc.
Obama in the General is: Flag pin everyday, Commercials about being a "small town Kansas boy", commercials with American flags and patriotism all over, "I was raised on food stamps", I love small town people, etc.

Obama in the Primary was: Guns kill, I support Chicago's 100% banm on every handgun, but I lie to Idaho voters saying I am "pro-gun".
Obama in the General is: I respect the Supreme Court, but local gun bans are okay... oh yeah and I support individual rights to keep and bear as long as it is not a handgun or semi-auto or looks dangerous, etc.... Gun voters, I am pro-gun.... sure, just don't look at my gun record.

Obama in the Primary was: The campaign contribution system is corrupt. It is evil. I will NOT take corporate money and will use public financing.
Obama in the General is: Uh.... taking money from CEOs of oil companies is NOT the same as taking money from corporations themselves.... so if I get thousands from CEOs of oil, drug, insurance, trial lawyers, etc, it is not the same as taking from the corporations directly. No, no sire!! Oh yeah, I don't remember my pledge to use public funds... I will just continue to take money from CEOs and trial lawyers....

Obama in the Primary was: I will tax oil companies. We will nationalize it. We will punish them and destroy them and make them suffer.
Obama in the General is: Maybe taxing oil companies is not a good idea, I will have to see what I can do. They are giving me plenty of cash now, so I need to stop talking about this....

Obama in the Primary was: NAFTA is the Dwevil. I will do away with it or re-negotiate it. I will fight for blue-collar jobs.
Obama in the General is: NAFTA rules!! It's awesome. Yeah, I might change the first paragraph of it to say I changed it, but it will still remain intact.

Obama in the Primary was: I will create millions upon millions of green jobs... yes, everyone can get these super high paying jobs... just give me the nomination.
Obama in the General is: "Green jobs" ?? I talked about that??!? When??! No, it was Hillary!!!

Obama in the Primary was: "Religion is for bitter people in small towns"... The US should be a religion-free country.
Obama in the General is: I will expand Bush's faith-based initiatives. [As long as Trinity United "Church" and the Nation of Islam can get some cash of course!]

Obama in the Primary was: Abortion should be legal, 24/7, at any age, up to a day before the child is to be born. Planned Parenthood rules!
Obama in the General is: "mental distress" should not count as a health exception that would permit a late-term abortion, saying "it has to be a serious physical issue."
Obama in the Primary was: Death penalty is barbaric!! No one should die.
Obama in the General is: objectes to the Supreme Court's decision outlawing the death penalty for child rapists, even though he has been anti-capital punishment all his life!

Here are some more of the Obama of the Primary and Obama of the General flops on key issues!

Obama's flip-flops - The Associated Press - Politico.com

Sound off:

Which is the real Obama? The primary or the general election??? How do you know which one is the real one? Or are both fake??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 11:05 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,607,260 times
The only person who knows who the real Obama is Obama himself or his wife.

He is a liar and a phony and it is coming out more and more everyday.

He used his supporters to get the nomination and now has tossed them all under the bus for his own good. He thinks they are to stupid to see it and I think he is right.

The Obamakins should be feeling pretty lousy right now as their leader has dooped them and they all fell for it.

There is only one real Obama I think, but the one with multiple personalities because no one can lie 3 times in one day on tape and not know it.

Obama is going down, thanks goodness!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,328,662 times
Obama is what you make of him. A blank canvas (in so many figurative ways) for people to "project" their frustrations and dreams of a mythical leader who will save the country.

Some who are so enamored with the fellow from Kansas/Hawaii/Indonesia/Chicago feel so empty after 8 years of Bush that they will embrace the scarecrow with open arms and ignore his lack of substance or leadership.

After all, Britney Spears can still draw a crowd and lip sync just as well as Obama can read off a teleprompter and emulate the speaking and speech style of men greater than him. I just wouldn't want her commanding our military, ya know?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:55 PM

158 posts, read 243,729 times
wow, you guys are really worried. You know so much about him. but have you taken a good look at the republican nominee? his name is John McCain. Yesterday, just as the market almost completely " bottomed out" he said the "economy is still fundamentally sound". Did you see him try to explain himself later on, what a clown. if only you guys had viable candidate, one that didn't lie and look like such a fool. Do some research and find out all the lies he has been telling and you'll come to your senses...

Last edited by icartp; 09-16-2008 at 07:18 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 06:57 PM

571 posts, read 851,519 times
Democrats please do not respond to anyone that tries to link Obama to being a muslim they are trying to keep off the main issues because they know they will loose them

Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,202,356 times
Man, who knew you could smell the nervous sweat through the intertubes!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,202,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Obama is what you make of him. A blank canvas (in so many figurative ways) for people to "project" their frustrations and dreams of a mythical leader who will save the country.
"Palin is what you make of her. A blank canvas (in so many figurative ways) for people to "project" their frustrations and dreams of a mythical leader who will save the country."

There. Fixed it for you.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,695,446 times
Obama was on his game in the primary. Both on message and strategy, he managed to beat a much more favoured candidate in Hillary. He stayed on theme and made few mistakes.
Since then, a complete reversal. He went into Saddleback church and screwed that up horribly by trying to sound like a college professor and then, instead of taking the OBVIOUS choice for VP, he took Biden who is about as exciting as raw spinach and let himself get knocked off cue by a rank amatuer floozie from Alaska.
He has got about 3 weeks until the debates and he had better up the performance if he wants the job. I like him and I support him but he has to want to win as bad as we want him to win. I cannot go and debate McCain for him. He has better not go in there and talk like he did at Saddleback. He had better pull out the tapes of the primary debates and talk like he did then.
Right now he is sinking like whale crap in the polls but the good news is that McCain has not cracked 50% in any of the battleground states so there is some hope for him IF he gets his game together. But he has better do it quickly. The past 2 days he has been more on message than I have seen him for the past 3 weeks. He needs to stay there and not worry about the floozie. People will figure her out soon enough anyway.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
both i would vote for a martian if he would stop the war. we are going broke fast.
where is the money show me the money.
9 trillion in 8 years and you guna sign up for some more?
i have had enough
obama 08

Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 PM

158 posts, read 243,729 times
Obama is on his game, he knows exactly what he is doing. Its all about timing, notice that he is getting more agressive. Mark my word, the last four weeks of this election will be brilliant. He has a plan, he is just waiting for the right time. And please ignore the polls, they mean nothing. McCain is so inept, Obama can't lose and also the debate is next Friday not in 3 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections