Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:01 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,752,128 times

Advertisements

Whoa! Whoa! WhOA! Who's been sipping on the cognac today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
"charges would have been brought up not only in criminal court but in congress."
Did you miss:
Kucinich Offers Impeachment Articles Against Bush, By John Bresnahan - CBS News
or:
FOXNews.com - Kucinich Tries to Impeach Bush Again - America's Election HQ
I can see why. It's not really discusssed in mainstream media (e.g. Cable News). But FYI, most in the DNC aren't doing squat. Why do you think they pass all the emergency appropriations bills yet the majority of Americans continually disagree and oppose the war in Iraq.

Regarding attorneys... do you know of any attorneys that are ready to go after the president? I know a few... oh, wait -- nevermind:
Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as why he hasn't been prosecuted... well, that's anyone's guess... but I would posit that he makes it incredibly difficult. Really difficult. And by that I mean hugely difficult; he has a great deal of dirt on other people (including many dems); and he works for a higher power that has the final say (no, not the lord).

Quote:
Do you seriously think he would be in office now if he had committed even the slightest infraction?
This is rhetorical right? The answer is yes, by virtue that he is still in office. Committing crimes and being held accountable for them are two totally different things.

Quote:
If you have provable evidence that G.W. Bush committed a crime please contact the DNC immediately!
The line is really long, and frankly, I got tired of waiting.

Quote:
On the other hand there is testimony from others and admission from B.H. Obama that he violated drug laws.
Am I missing something? You do realize that Bush has a criminal record right?

Quote:
Use your common sense
I might ask you the same thing

p.s. don't forget those links. I have a feeling they will be a HUGE eye opener for you. Next, I have a few fairly objective documentaries I think you should watch (SPOILER ALERT!!! Our Gov't isn't as benevolent as they would have you believe).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,112,373 times
Dennis Kucinich has tried this before. He doesn't have any evidence just blind charges.

I'm not defending Bush. I didn't vote for him. I don't particularly like him but he hasn't done anything impeachable. Congress knows that. Dennis Kucinich knows it too but he sees himself as helping Democratic candidates by embarassing the administration. It's all dirty politics.
The subject is Obama's drug, alcohol and tobacco use.

Let's review:

By his own admission in his autographical books, Barack Obama says he used Pot and Cocaine while in high school in Hawaii. According to the laws of the State of Hawaii Cocaine use is a felony.

Regardless of at what point it occurred in his life, BARACK OBAMA COMMITTED A FELONIOUS CRIME for which, if he had been caught he would have served PRISON TIME.

The disingenuous EXCUSES his supporters concoct are just cop-outs and not reasons that explain Obama's ILLEGAL behavior.

One ludicrous response suggests that if your friends are all breaking the law it's ok for you to commit a crime as well! What irresponsible reasoning! The respondant explained further that he experimented with drugs in college. I BELIEVE HIM! His lack of competent reasoning skills demostrates that is true!

Both Barack Obama and his doctor have made statements about his habitual disorder which he has never been successful at controlling. This lack of self control as well has his current struggles with addiction do not bode well for obama and show a deep flaw in his character.

Drug use is against the law, alcohol use is not.

WE DO NOT NEED A FORMER DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSER WITH DEMONSTRATED HABITUAL PROBLEMS IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
Question Obama, the next president - heavy user of drugs and alcohol

Why the sudden outrage over Obama's "heavy drug use?"

We've gone eight years with a stammering, brain-damaged drug abuser in the White House. And those critical of Obama seem to approve of the Bush. Of course, those who still approve of Bush are well conditioned to ignoring any semblance of consistency.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,100,642 times
Quote:
Dennis Kucinich has tried this before. He doesn't have any evidence just blind charges.

I'm not defending Bush. I didn't vote for him. I don't particularly like him but he hasn't done anything impeachable. Congress knows that. Dennis Kucinich knows it too but he sees himself as helping Democratic candidates by embarassing the administration. It's all dirty politics.

Let's review:

By his own admission in his autographical books, Barack Obama says he used Pot and Cocaine while in high school in Hawaii. According to the laws of the State of Hawaii Cocaine use is a felony.

Regardless of at what point it occurred in his life, BARACK OBAMA COMMITTED A FELONIOUS CRIME for which, if he had been caught he would have served PRISON TIME.

The disingenuous EXCUSES his supporters concoct are just cop-outs and not reasons that explain Obama's ILLEGAL behavior.

One ludicrous response suggests that if your friends are all breaking the law it's ok for you to commit a crime as well! What irresponsible reasoning! The respondant explained further that he experimented with drugs in college. I BELIEVE HIM! His lack of competent reasoning skills demostrates that is true!

Both Barack Obama and his doctor have made statements about his habitual disorder which he has never been successful at controlling. This lack of self control as well has his current struggles with addiction do not bode well for obama and show a deep flaw in his character.

WE DO NOT NEED A FORMER DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSER WITH DEMONSTRATED HABITUAL PROBLEMS IN THE WHITE HOUSE!
I think you've used the copy & paste function enough.

Interesting how misleading the title of this thread is also since the OP conveniently left out the past tense. Axe to grind perhaps?

I can't seem to sum up support for either candidate, but I do have to admire one that would eschew the standard political copout of lying about the past.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,106,955 times
Quote:
What, I never determined if it was relevant or not, I posted a thread here to read other peoples postings. Just because you dont like the topic, doesnt mean its not relevant...
I already showed you saying its not relevant to service. This is the
2008 Presidential Election forum, if it's not relevant to this forum, why did you post it this forum dedicated to election issues?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 PM

262 posts, read 484,262 times
Quote:
I totally agree. IMPEACH BUSH!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,752,128 times
Quote:
He doesn't have any evidence just blind charges.
Your opinion as many would consider the charges significantly more valid than you pretend them to be, but you leave very little room to debate this with this kind of 'blind' refute. Let's just agree that you obviously haven't done your homework.

Notwithstanding, I responded to:
Quote:
Charges would have been brought up not only in criminal court but in congress."
That was before your retooled your reply. Edits are nice aren't they? But facts are stubborn...

Quote:
I'm not defending Bush. I didn't vote for him.
Moot

Quote:
I don't particularly like him but he hasn't done anything impeachable.
And you have every right to your baseless opinion (in the context of this thread). But just the same... thousands of people and certain members of both sides of congress would disagree with you (as do I).

Did you even read the articles of impeachment brought before the House? If you were to relate specifically to what you find baseless within the articles, perhaps I would take your argument more seriously.

I've thoughtfully included a link for you :
Dennis Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment Against George W. Bush | AfterDowningStreet.org

Quote:
Yet you replied to my comment, which somewhat related to the original topic, in terms of what some people choose to focus on.

Quote:

Well I can only speak for my views and hopefully they've been clear from the start... To put it in blunt terms, I respect Obama's honesty (as sporadic as it may be at times) and frankly wouldn't care that much if he he did beer bongs off a 10 year old's head at a keg party and snorted coke last week, relative to our current president or the prospect of Bush's 3rd term. I feel the violation incommensurate with what Bush has already done in his tenure, hence my earlier reply to which you responded.

More so, I'm appalled that such trivial things as alcohol and cocaine use in college are taken so seriously, cognizant of the bigger context: the world and economic picture. As they say, we have bigger eggs to fry, and I would consider ONE MORE dead mother and child lost in the myriad of urban combat or the current status of our banking systems far more egregious than what some intellectual put down his mouth or inhaled through his nose a couple decades ago, despite that a governing entity deems this action illegal.

But you do insist on hammering away at the drinking, despite the fact that Bush has a criminal driving record in both TX (which he has thoughtfully put under lock and key along with [portions of] his counterfeited Nat. Guard record) and in Maine. So what's so different from Obama in that respect? I know! You prefer lies 100% of the time. Forget about denying it... as long as one doesn't admit to it, it's acceptable. O.k... I think the fundamental discontinuity is conventional vs. post conventional moral development anyway (see Kohlberg).

Last edited by tekka-maki; 07-14-2008 at 02:25 PM..

Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Obama's habitual disorder, do you mean smoking cigarettes? He so obviously doesn't drink or do drugs. He was honest about having done cocaine. That's all done now.

Bush drinking - I dont know about Bush in the WH but there's this about his Wild Years, dont know if anyone posted it already or not.

George W. Bush substance abuse controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although Bush states that he was not an alcoholic, he has acknowledged that he was "drinking too much",[1] and that he couldn't remember a day when he hadn't had a drink, including his stay at Phillips Academy, where not only was he underage but alcohol was prohibited on campus, as well as at Yale where, conversely, "hard drinking" was considered a badge of honor

Old 07-14-2008, 03:54 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,428,999 times
[q]Obama, the next president - heavy user of drugs and alcohol [/q]

sounds like bush

btw, what was mcsames class rank?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your deflection from the thread isnt working, the topic is Obama and his drug use. I do find your pic funny though because I note the alcohol there. You think Bush should be criticized for using alcohol in the past, but Obama shouldnt be? yeah.. I bet you do.

Is red herring your favorite seafood?

You want to discuss Obama's youthful drug use, while ignoring Bush's heavy drug abuse that clearly left him with a diminished intellect and impaired speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections