Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Scare people with? What exactly were the liberals scaring people with if I may ask? If you've been present the last eight years, it is the republicans who have been trying to scare the public w/the promise of future terrorism. Terrorism, terrorists, axis of evil...the most overused words for 8 years now. Get your facts straight.
You can't seriously think the fanaticals were going to stop with 9/11? Or do you like to believe we can ignore problems and they go away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Delusional grandeur from a delusional person. You are seriously deluded & probably living in some cave if you think there is no more violence & no more deaths happening in Iraq. I can't even argue w/someone like you because your brain does not work on the side of logic. It's obvious you do not read the paper or watch the news EVER. How have you gotten along in this world so far? Wait, are you in prison?
Caves seem to be common around here

Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
The experts are calling the shots and they say we are, I didnt say there are no more deaths or voilence, you did.

Delusional is for you to say I said something I did not.

LOGIC is leave the experts to see it because we all know the liberals dont have the guts to own up to them being wrong all along.

WE ARE WINNING IN IRAQ, deal with it!

I know you dont like that but to damn bad. Stop watching Keith Oberman!
HELLO????????? Did you not realize that it was you who said there were no deaths or violence anymore? Please refer to the post of yours that I bolded. Jesus, you obviously have a memory of a gnat or possibly cannot read.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
OK we're winning now. Still doesn't mean the last five years have made the war worthwhile.

That's a very broad statement if you can guide me to the time machine you have....I can't see us knowing if it was worth it for many many many years.

Just like every other major world decision calling it a bad idea while it's in progress leaves little to be desired. We are still sorting out 300 years of our past and learning news things about it every day.

I equate this to saying Bush's legacy is horrible...how can one have a legacy if still in office?

You remember all the crap people talked about Ford (wasn't born yet here but I still recall from history) for pardoning Nixon....Everyone thought that was the downfall of the country. Being a president and being very smart he saw what it was doing to the country....and pardoning him actually helped the country heal. Not the same but equatable for the purpose of the discussion.

Could it go both ways? Yes...could be a disaster could be the smartest thing he could have done. We will have to truly wait and see before we can make an accurate assessment.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I'm still looking for Bin Ladins body... ooopps they can't find him or dont want to. until then nothing is won. I don't see it as a real win with the body count but whatever. I guess if we kill all the Iraqis we can call that a win in the eyes oft he war mongers. I guess I don't understand why Sunshine is in such a push to say we are winning. do you get a particular joy our of seeing so many suffer? Seems morose to me. Is it just your way to attack liberals because we are some unimaginable force you fear? Do you really care they had nothing to do with 9/11 or weapons of mass destruction, why is it we are there again?is it to control oil for low prices? oooppps we missed that one too. hmm Don't you wonder why we are there? Does it matter if our leaders commit war crimes to you?

You have disgraced the entire country in one paragraph and all of our troops.

Est. 50 million free people...but hey whatever....

Old 07-09-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
HELLO????????? Did you not realize that it was you who said there were no deaths or violence anymore? Please refer to the post of yours that I bolded. Jesus, you obviously have a memory of a gnat or possibly cannot read.
That's very mature of you....the kids room is in another forum.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:17 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It was your last useful post:

That you are spinning off the road? Glad I could help.

Skip the code though and spell out if you can manage it, what exactly it is that you would like proof of.

If you want proof that foreign fighters entered Iraq during the conflict and caused problems, that I have proven already.

If you want proof that French foreign invaders went to Iraq, that I cannot prove nor do I care to. You are the one that is insisting that foreign fighters would have to come from France ...for some reason I am still unaware of.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
That you are spinning off the road? Glad I could help.

Skip the code though and spell out if you can manage it, what exactly it is that you would like proof of.

If you want proof that foreign fighters entered Iraq during the conflict and caused problems, that I have proven already.

If you want proof that French foreign invaders went to Iraq, that I cannot prove nor do I care to. You are the one that is insisting that foreign fighters would have to come from France ...for some reason I am still unaware of.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact thet yes indeed Saudi, Egyptian, Libyan, Morroccan and other Islamic foreigners did take the opportunity to enter Iraq after our invasion and create havoc for many years. Irrefutable.

I tried researching it through my busy day but couldn't find anything to substantiate that. Did I miss your link with the proof in question?

Edit: Well that was after the French story I posted.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:23 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
You have disgraced the entire country in one paragraph and all of our troops.

Est. 50 million free people...but hey whatever....
Shouldn;t that be 50,600,000 people? What happened to the 600,000 people who aren't living anymore? Ok that is the high end of the estimate. What happened to the 100,000 that aren't living anymore? Wow what a price for freedom and infrastructure destruction. Are they throwing flowers yet?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
Quote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact thet yes indeed Saudi, Egyptian, Libyan, Morroccan and other Islamic foreigners did take the opportunity to enter Iraq after our invasion and create havoc for many years. Irrefutable.

I tried researching it through my busy day but couldn't find anything to substantiate that. Did I miss your link with the proof in question?

Edit: Well that was after the French story I posted.
Now you are playing bigjon.

Posted this waay back in post 58. I hope experts at West Point meet your criteria?

(Note they do not talk about France at all. If that means anything to you.)

New look at foreign fighters in Iraq | csmonitor.com

But a new analysis published last month by experts at West Point shows that most of these individuals come from Saudi Arabia and Libya, as well as other North African countries such as Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia. The analysis suggests that the bulk of foreign fighters originate from countries with whom the United States is allied – Saudi Arabia, for one – and also offers clues as to how American officials can stem the flow of these terrorists.

The report, which is based on data compiled by Al Qaeda and captured by coalition forces last fall, shows that the most violent acts in Iraq are typically carried out by foreign fighters.

We don't mean to imply that the bulk of the organization is foreign," says Lt. Col. Joseph Felter, who co-wrote the analysis for the Combating Terrorism Center at the US Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. "But what you can take away from this is that it seems very likely that the vast majority of the suicide bombers do seem to be committed by non-Iraqis."

Where can I help you with the interpretation , for further clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections