Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Virginia’s Warner, Like Webb, Saying No to Obama VP Spot - America’s Election HQ

What's going on? These guys had to be some at the top of the VP list. Don't they want to ride the Obama-wave into the WH?

Add Fast Eddy Rendell to the list as well.

Looks like Hill&Bill might be tops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:20 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
They dont want their careers ruined and end up with dirty hands from Obama.

They know if you lose with Obama you are done forever.

Would you want to be associated with him directly? Look at his past associations with people, wouldnt you run away from him like all these libs are.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
And why did Lieberman say he didn't want to be McSame's VP?

People often turn down the chance to be VP, nothing new or unique to Obama...Richardson, who has MORE EXPERIENCE THAN MCCAIN, is still out there, as is Tom Kaine, Mike Easly, Lincoln Chafee, Brian Schweitzer, etc etc etc....

Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I heard from a guy that was in a bar that heard antoehr guy that was in a bar that ehar two guys wering suits and Obama campiagn buttons that Bill Clnton is now offf Obama 's list for VP.Remeber youy heard it here fornm a guy you can ;t even see ;so maybe you are one of the guys were in the bar.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I heard from a guy that was in a bar that heard antoehr guy that was in a bar that ehar two guys wering suits and Obama campiagn buttons that Bill Clnton is now offf Obama 's list for VP.Remeber youy heard it here fornm a guy you can ;t even see ;so maybe you are one of the guys were in the bar.
Good post I don't know that either candidate has released their list so as you say who knows if they were on the list. The real problem is who wants to be President/Vice President these days and undergo the public slamming. Who is going to want their spouse to run knowing what will happen to them. Ever visit a hooker? If yup then better not run etc etc etc. Geez if you didn't get the highest interest rate on a loan that will get you some bad press. We are in trouble because superstars in politics who are less then pristine may say no to public service at the highest levels.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:40 AM

351 posts, read 336,631 times
No one is going to say yes to Obama for fear that Hillary will stab them in the back. She wants the job so everyone stand back or you'll be on her hit list. Remember Watergate....

Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
No one is going to say yes to Obama for fear that Hillary will stab them in the back. She wants the job so everyone stand back or you'll be on her hit list. Remember Watergate....
If I were Obama I'd sooner appoint Rush Limbaugh than Hillary. That'd certainly be crossing party lines .

Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post

Oh please. I hope Hillary doesn't take any offer from Obama. I believe that deep down she doesn't believe in him, and does not want to be associated with that fraud. It'd be the smarter, older, more qualified, better travelled and more knowledgeable person playing second fiddle to the American idol. Besides, Obama doesn't want too many of THESE photos floating around:

Look at her schooling his empty suit @ss!

Too bad we're left without a potential LEADER. We're left with the boring old guy and the stage actor showboat like Bush who plans on "surrounding himself with smarter people." Look what kind of trouble THAT got us into.

Last edited by TriMT7; 07-09-2008 at 08:29 AM..

Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Virginia’s Warner, Like Webb, Saying No to Obama VP Spot - America’s Election HQ

What's going on? These guys had to be some at the top of the VP list. Don't they want to ride the Obama-wave into the WH?

Add Fast Eddy Rendell to the list as well.

Looks like Hill&Bill might be tops.
I don't think Webb was ever seriously interested. He likes being his own boss and I doubt he would enjoy having to serve someone else's agenda for 4-8 years. Plus, Webb has a well-documented history of sexism, which would only alienate all those women who supported Hillary. He probably realized he would be a huge liability to the ticket. As for why he didn't drop out sooner, I suspect that has more to do with drumming up interest in him to help sell a new book he has coming out.

As for Warner, he has a good chance of being elected Senator in a traditionally red state. If he joins the Obama ticket, it'll hurt his chances. The Democrats would love to turn Virginia into a red state and having two Democratic senators and a Democratic governor would go a long way towards achieving that goal. I'm betting the party leadership leaned on Warner to take himself out of the running. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Governor Tim Kaine takes himself out too.

Lastly, there's Rendell. I think he knows he never had a chance. He's a strong Hillary supporter who shot himself in the foot when he said people in PA won't vote for Obama cause he's black. Even though it turned out to be true, that's hardly the message you want to hear from a running mate.

Others who I expect will remove themselves from consideration are Joe Biden and John Edwards. Biden would rather be Secretary of State and Edwards is more interested in being Attorney General.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I don't think Webb was ever seriously interested. He likes being his own boss and I doubt he would enjoy having to serve someone else's agenda for 4-8 years. Plus, Webb has a well-documented history of sexism, which would only alienate all those women who supported Hillary. He probably realized he would be a huge liability to the ticket. As for why he didn't drop out sooner, I suspect that has more to do with drumming up interest in him to help sell a new book he has coming out.

As for Warner, he has a good chance of being elected Senator in a traditionally red state. If he joins the Obama ticket, it'll hurt his chances. The Democrats would love to turn Virginia into a red state and having two Democratic senators and a Democratic governor would go a long way towards achieving that goal. I'm betting the party leadership leaned on Warner to take himself out of the running. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Governor Tim Kaine takes himself out too.

Lastly, there's Rendell. I think he knows he never had a chance. He's a strong Hillary supporter who shot himself in the foot when he said people in PA won't vote for Obama cause he's black. Even though it turned out to be true, that's hardly the message you want to hear from a running mate.

Others who I expect will remove themselves from consideration are Joe Biden and John Edwards. Biden would rather be Secretary of State and Edwards is more interested in being Attorney General.
Which leaves... just Kathleen Sebelius?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections