Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you supporting? (poll for 7/9 and 7/10)
Barack Obama (D) 35 50.72%
John McCain (R) 27 39.13%
Bob Barr/Wayne Allyn Root (L) 4 5.80%
Ralph Nader/Matt Gonzalez (I) 1 1.45%
Other 0 0%
Not voting 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Fixed that for you.
Thanks for making up a quote. Really appreciate you putting words into my mouth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
For the third time, why did you have the previous poll closed?
If you read the intro of this poll, you will see why.

I completely cancelled the results of the previous poll (7/7-7/8) and removed them from my graphs because you said the vote was somehow tainted even though I dont believe it was. I did WHAT YOU WANTED.

I cant win with you people.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Can we just move this thread to the State of Florida board on here...seems like a good fit with all of the issues around this vote, they must still have a thread on the recount over there.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Can we just move this thread to the State of Florida board on here...seems like a good fit with all of the issues around this vote, they must still have a thread on the recount over there.
I didn't do anything wrong. I have explained myself thousands of times and they are still CONFUSED!!! JESUS!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
If you read the intro of this poll, you will see why.

I completely cancelled the results of the previous poll (7/7-7/8) and removed them from my graphs because you said the vote was somehow tainted even though I dont believe it was. I did WHAT YOU WANTED.

Are you going to cancel the results for this poll too, because it is a lot more tained than that one. You actually closed a poll early where Obama was leading by a margin of 2 to 1, and opened this one where they are now tied.

Or are you not going to to cancel this one because your guy may win with these tainted results? Maybe only polls where Obama leads (like the 7/7 and 7/8 one, and the earlier 7/9 and 7/10 one) are tainted enough in your book to close.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Are you going to cancel the results for this poll too, because it is a lot more tained than that one. You actually closed a poll early where Obama was leading by a margin of 2 to 1, and opened this one where they are now tied.

Or are you not going to to cancel this one because your guy may win with these tainted results? Maybe only polls where Obama leads (like the 7/7 and 7/8 one, and the earlier 7/9 and 7/10 one) are tainted enough in your book to close.
It looks like you guys have to go through all that trouble again of logging into your second and third accounts again to cast votes.

This one will not be cancelled because it is not tainted, and anyone who wants to can vote again.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM

509 posts, read 691,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
  • NOTICE: There are no results being released from the last poll due to concern by some users over one vote that was cast after midnight for Obama. I did not count it in my original math because the vote was cast after the poll deadline. Due to the expressed concern, the results from the last poll will not be tracked. Just so it is known, the last poll had 115 votes cast; 45% for Obama (D) and 42% for McCain; a lead of 3% for Obama at midnight PST yesterday.
  • This poll will close around MIDNIGHT on July 10th/July 11th with the new poll and results up on July 11th.
INFORMATION BELOW BASED UPON RESULTS FROM POLL 7/5-7/6, NOT THE MOST RECENT POLL.
  • The polling cycle from July 5th and July 6th showed Obama (D) with a significant lead over McCain (R). Obama had 49% of the vote while McCain had 38%. Obama had a 11% lead. Bob Barr (L) captured 11% of the vote, up from 10% last time. Other had 2% of the vote.
  • Only 55 votes were cast in this poll. The results are probably somewhat incorrect because of the lack of voters and because the regular users of CityData did not vote in this poll.
  • McCain has not lead in our poll since the poll from 6/20-6/25. This is Obama's biggest lead by far.
  • Pie chart showing voter breakdown during 7/5 and 7/6 poll. Click to enlarge.
Attachment 22934
  • Line graph (which will grow over time) showing the trends among the frontfunners. Click to enlarge.
Attachment 22935
  • Please type your vote as a response to keep it at the top of the forum page.

• Remember, this is if you were voting TODAY. "Not Voting" means you cant/wont vote in the general election.
Will there be any advertising or any kind of reaching out for votes on any other forums or any other outlets of any kind?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post

I think the whole process of these polls is now tainted, I myself probably wont vote in any more of them, Im sure I am not the only one.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think the whole process of these polls is now tainted, I myself probably wont vote in any more of them, Im sure I am not the only one.
You guys wanted me to cancel the results from the poll from 7/7 and 7/8 because you said it was corrupted.

I did that, I completely erased that poll, and deleted it from my charts. But in order to do that, I had to create a new poll.

Tell me exactly what you wanted me to do. How was I suppose to DELETE the results I had already posted without creating an entirely new thread?

I would really like to know.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM

21 posts, read 28,059 times
I think I have a solution here.

If you don't agree with the way the poll is run, you don't have to partake. Don't vote, don't read and don't comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections