Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you supporting? (poll for 7/9 and 7/10)
Barack Obama (D) 35 50.72%
John McCain (R) 27 39.13%
Bob Barr/Wayne Allyn Root (L) 4 5.80%
Ralph Nader/Matt Gonzalez (I) 1 1.45%
Other 0 0%
Not voting 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldtaz View Post
I think I have a solution here.

If you don't agree with the way the poll is run, you don't have to partake. Don't vote, don't read and don't comment.
Like they'll actually listen... Oh well, we can always hope.

I always enjoy reading the same complaints from the same five people a hundred times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldtaz View Post
I think I have a solution here.

If you don't agree with the way the poll is run, you don't have to partake. Don't vote, don't read and don't comment.
Perfect solution!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:43 PM

509 posts, read 691,572 times
Ocexpo

I think the basic idea is a good one & I can see where it takes a lot of time & work to do all this. Which we should all appreciate.

But the process not only has to be fair it has to be perceived to be fair.

I have voted with the hope that this can be saved.
But it is very important to know if there will be advertising for votes in any other location outside of this forum? If there is it should be made public.

Please answer so we can all just move on.

thanks

Old 07-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Like they'll actually listen... Oh well, we can always hope.

I always enjoy reading the same complaints from the same five people a hundred times!
Are you referring to the people you were ganging up on me with.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
You guys wanted me to cancel the results from the poll from 7/7 and 7/8 because you said it was corrupted.

I did that, I completely erased that poll, and deleted it from my charts. But in order to do that, I had to create a new poll.

I cant win with you people.

Tell me exactly what you wanted me to do. How was I suppose to DELETE the results I had already posted without creating an entirely new thread?

I would really like to know.
I didnt ask for anything to be changed or deleted. I simply now just suggested why you might see a difference going forward.

My non-participation is not based on your actions per se, just the general mess that this whole thing has turned into.

It was a good poll with good intentions from what I initially saw.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Why won't you make the poll public so we can see if there are 1 post voters from other websites?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Quote:
Are you referring to the people you were ganging up on me with.
I posted one time saying you should've made the poll public. Maybe you missed the three times I posted saying that the flaming was getting old.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
Ocexpo

I think the basic idea is a good one & I can see where it takes a lot of time & work to do all this. Which we should all appreciate.

But the process not only has to be fair it has to be perceived to be fair.

I have voted with the hope that this can be saved.
But it is very important to know if there will be advertising for votes in any other location outside of this forum? If there is it should be made public.

Please answer so we can all just move on.

thanks
I made a mistake by posting requests in various outside forums on both sides of the political spectrum. I apologize. I did not have a "motive" I just wanted more votes in general in the poll. There was no conspiracy and it was not mean spirited like some in here are claiming. I simply wanted to bring in more overall voters from all sides.

To make up for it, I deleted the results from the poll from 7/7 and 7/8 from my graphs and results.

But in order to delete those results, I had to delete/close the original poll to post a new poll stating that the results from the 7/7-7/8 poll had been cancelled.

I did what I thought they wanted, I cancelled the results from the poll in question. And I am still getting crap for it. I do what they want, they yell and call me phony. I dont do what they want, they yell and call me phony.

I wont outsource more people to vote. I did not think about the possible implications at the time. Although I think it had no implications on the results of the poll, I deleted the results anyways.

But on the other hand, I have been attacked over this one vote. I have been accused of lying about "Obamas true lead" which I reported as being 3% because that is the lead he had at midnight and the results that were casted when I made the graph. AFTER I finished the graphs, another vote was cast completely skewing the results.

I have not heard one apology for that, even though I know many of the people who accused me of not displaying the true results realized that I displayed the accurate results of that poll.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
I posted one time saying you should've made the poll public. Maybe you missed the three times I posted saying that the flaming was getting old.
If I did that, the psychotic democrats in here would analyze each vote, email the person to make sure they arent a puppet, and terrorize those who dont vote for Obama. I would rather not see who is voting to keep the controversy out of it.

Lets say one of the votes shows a "new user" who votes for Obama. And if I were to throw it out next week because I thought it were a puppet, I would never live it down. But if the "new user" voted for McCain, and I left it in, they would accuse me of allowing puppets to vote.

Do you see the problem I have with that?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM

509 posts, read 691,572 times
Quote:
I made a mistake by posting requests in various outside forums on both sides of the political spectrum. I apologize. I did not have a "motive" I just wanted more votes in general in the poll. There was no conspiracy and it was not mean spirited like some in here are claiming. I simply wanted to bring in more overall voters from all sides.
I think your statement goes along way to getting this thing back on track.
thank you

I hope I assume correctly that you will no longer be posting for votes on other sites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections