Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,393,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Come on you can do better:

Media Transparency....The money behind the conservative media....

Do you even check your links out before posting them?

Can't call the pot black if your using the kettles words....
Do you dispute the fact that JW is financed by Scaife?

You didn't like Wikipedia either, huh?

Judicial Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,319,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, way, way before the divorce.
Okay well I looked and looked to no aviel....I see a bunch of finger pointing but no proof....Can you provide me with a link to that also....which isn't a biased or agenda based group?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Do you dispute the fact that JW is financed by Scaife?

You didn't like Wikipedia either, huh?

Judicial Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your not able to keep up with the post?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,768,603 times
So.. Obama's connections to the Crown family and their contributions to his campaigns don't bother the bots?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,003,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Kind of irrelevant there, attacking Judical Watch serves no purpose.

Either he obtained favorable treatment or he didn't, and the issue is very simple to resolve. All they have to do is get the record of Northern Trust loans over the Jumbo limit withing 10 days (both ways) of Obama's loan. It is very easy to solve this issue.

If they gave him a better rate than everyone else, the complaint is valid.

If they gave others the same rate, then Judical Watch ends up with less credibility.

I see no reason for the back and forth stuff here, all that needs to be done is analyze the business end of this transaction in comparison to similar loans during that period. It probably wouldn't take more than a day or two.
And, since Judicial Watch could have done as you direct without dragging federal committees into it but chose instead to create a media brouhaha, a few thousand dollars of your tax money.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,598,457 times
Quote:
Yup....if you'll just check the edit box on those quotes

Should say something like ugh.....I hate wiki...
So? You still used it for your own purposes.

I requested a copy of the financial report from Judicial Watch. They don't make it exactly easy (most other orgs have it right on their site), but if I receive it, I'll update the thread.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
So? You still used it for your own purposes.
I'll have to go back over that just to verify so don't quote me. If I did then I would be going against what I feel would be right and I have personally seen the misinformation from wiki in other areas besides politics.

Quote:
I requested a copy of the financial report from Judicial Watch. They don't make it exactly easy (most other orgs have it right on their site), but if I receive it, I'll update the thread.
Sweet....been fun off to work again.

be back later....

You guys feel free to post in the Obama's voting record thread please. *shameless promotion*

Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,101,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
And, since Judicial Watch could have done as you direct without dragging federal committees into it but chose instead to create a media brouhaha, a few thousand dollars of your tax money.
Welcome to politics, perhaps they already know the answer and are just doing this to create a larger build up of outrage.

Assuming for a moment he did obtain favorable loan rates as compared to other borrowers, I don't see this as an issue that will change the mind of his core supporters at all. However, I would see this as an issue that could negatively impact his ability to gain independent voters.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,598,457 times
Quote:
Okay well I looked and looked to no aviel....I see a bunch of finger pointing but no proof....Can you provide me with a link to that also....which isn't a biased or agenda based group?
There is a 20+ page thread on it here with multiple links - McCain and his ex-wife are amicable, but he has freely admitted that he was 40 wanting to be 25 again, and that there were several affairs.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM

The twist:
Obama’s Northern Trust connections (Updated) « The Real Barack Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections