Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 06:38 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Again,

Deaths from Terrorism since 9/11 because we have been in Iraq: 0
Terrorist attacks since 9/11 because we have been in Iraq: 0
Number of hijacked planes since 9/11 because we have been in Iraq: 0
Number of extremist groups who have been successful at destroying America since 9/11 because we have been in Iraq: 0
I hate to break the news to you but those same stats applied before Bush Jr. became president in 2001. Therefore, I can use those same stats to show that only since Bush Jr has been in the Whitehouse has there been any terrorist attack on U.S. soil. and with McCain continuing the same political ideology... Oh well you be the judge. I guess you can make the numbers take any biased slant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Again,

Number of extremist groups who have been successful at destroying America since 9/11 because we have been in Iraq: 0
I would suggest a basic course in Logic 101. Cause and effect do not correlate in every case. If you changed the word "because" to "since" it would be more accurate but you can not state that our being in Iraq is the causitive of the effects you list. You could just as well state; "No invasions from outer space because we have been in Iraq." or "Housing values crash because we have been in Iraq." Just because A is true and B is true does not mean that A caused B.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm not the one who started the personal insults, that was another poster, who has left the fray. I just responded in kind and tone, that's all. I never would have said anything about MO otherwise.

I'm still waiting though for one of the race-baiters to point out my racist statement.

Here's me and my boy (dead, now). Nothing like having 1200 lbs of muscle between your legs.

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/40...600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry, having hard time getting actual pic in

Thanks Sanrene for trying with the pic. Hard to see if you look like a model though and your butt is hiding so can't see how much junk you have in your trunk. LOL.

Anyway, making rude and uncalled comments about either woman's looks is petty and this applies to everyone that turned this light hearted thread into a war on looks and character. It also annoys me more when women make comments like this about other women. You don't see men ganging together to talk about how ugly or good looking a male candidate is and whether his butt (or ahem other area) is too large or small. It just goes to show that we really won't have a female president anytime soon.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Thanks Sanrene for trying with the pic. Hard to see if you look like a model though and your butt is hiding so can't see how much junk you have in your trunk. LOL.
Oh now, you can do better than that? Notice also, I'm wearing a turtleneck AND a sweatshirt over that. Notice the thin waist? The shapely Thigh? LOL

Old 07-12-2008, 07:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I hate to break the news to you but those same stats applied before Bush Jr. became president in 2001. Therefore, I can use those same stats to show that only since Bush Jr has been in the Whitehouse has there been any terrorist attack on U.S. soil
Are you forgetting ALL the attacks against Americans worldwide?

Somalia
Kenya Bombings
The Cole
Khobar Towers
First WTC - ON OUR SOIL

Old 07-12-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Are you forgetting ALL the attacks against Americans worldwide?

Somalia
Kenya Bombings
The Cole
Khobar Towers
First WTC - ON OUR SOIL
I was responding specifically to the poster's stats, which only addressed not having hijacked planes or another 9/11 since Bush. If we want to go with worldwide attacks on Americans, those things are still happening. We just heard about how four men, believed to be Turkish citizens, attacked the American consulate. How about the car bombing that targeted a US Embassy in Beirut earlier this year? We also have a lot of insurgency going on in Irag and Afghanistan. Surely, you're not suggesting that attacks only occurred under one administration (Clinton/Democrat) as these things have happened under both Republican and Democratic Presidents. Even Reagan, revered by most conservatives as a great President, dealt with the bombings of U.S. Embassies in Beirut and Kuwait, and lets not forget the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103. Why weren't these things part of your list leading to the attack on U.S. soil?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:13 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Again,

I am sure none of that has to do with the fact that we are on an extremely high alert since 9/11. How about a little pro-activity as opposed to re-activity. Since I first burned my hand on the stove when I was 3 I have never done it again. So what? What about the fact that terrorist attacks are still happening around the world. Isn't that why we went to Iraq in the first place? To stop it worldwide. And if you are talking about US soil.....don't ignore attacks on US consulates and embassy's since 9/11.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Again,

LOL! What LOGIC! What artful reasoning!!!!!LOLOLOL!!!!

OF COURSE you have to repeat it...that proves TO YOU that it's true!

Old 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I hate to break the news to you but those same stats applied before Bush Jr. became president in 2001. Therefore, I can use those same stats to show that only since Bush Jr has been in the Whitehouse has there been any terrorist attack on U.S. soil. and with McCain continuing the same political ideology... Oh well you be the judge. I guess you can make the numbers take any biased slant.
It was not the Bush administration's fault that the terrorist attack happened, we were all naive to the rest of the world at that time. Had Clinton's presidency extended into 2001, I am sure it would have still happened.

But, if you would have told anyone that we would not be attacked again after that event, they would have said "yeah right," but here we are today, and we still haven't been attacked again.

I can guarantee had a Democrat been in office, they would have put a half a$$ effort into this war and would have left three or four years ago, and we would have undoubtedly been attacked again. It is a blessing, whether you admit it or not, that we had a Republican in office especially if you live in Chicago, NYC, Los Angeles, Dallas, San Antonio, or DC.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! What LOGIC! What artful reasoning!!!!!LOLOLOL!!!!

OF COURSE you have to repeat it...that proves TO YOU that it's true!
Are those stats false? Was there an attack I dont know about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections