Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think the point was why did Miu feel the need to bring up Rodney King? And the answer was because she was referring to black people, which she was doing on purpose, which was not the purpose of my thread because if I'm able to read correctly (and last time I checked, I was) not all of the women who were offended by Michelle's $600 earring comment were black, so then why did mui feel the need to put that?

I asked where were the offended people and she basically came back and said "Were you expecting them to act like black people?".
I referred to Rodney King as an example. There have been other past posts within this Politics board that have suggested if Obama didn't get the nomination, if somehow the Clintons stole Obama's DNC nomination, that there would be riots in the streets. They didn't say that black people specifically would be rioting, but that was implied and I don't recall you or any other black poster getting bent out of shape by the comments.

And anytime there is some controversial verdict dealing with a black person and the public thinks it's a racial issue, like the Sean Bell case, every city in this country has its police department on high alert. And that's because of past events, and also Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson getting involved throwing around accusations.

Anyway I call it like I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I referred to Rodney King as an example. There have been other past posts within this Politics board that have suggested if Obama didn't get the nomination, if somehow the Clintons stole Obama's DNC nomination, that there would be riots in the streets. They didn't say that black people specifically would be rioting, but that was implied and I don't recall you or any other black poster getting bent out of shape by the comments.

And anytime there is some controversial verdict dealing with a black person and the public thinks it's a racial issue, like the Sean Bell case, every city in this country has its police department on high alert. And that's because of past events, and also Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson getting involved throwing around accusations.

Anyway I call it like I see it.
Okay so let me see if I follow your train of thought. Offended people = tantrums=riots=Rodney King? Usually when I think tantrums, I think toddlers, but I guess when you think of tantrums you think of Rodney King? No had you responded with “Do you expect these offended people to throw childish tantrums? Should they wear buttons saying that Obama has offended them? Should they spend their lunch hours picketing Obama campaign offices?” I wouldn’t have had a problem with that but I feel that you there that whole Rodney King part in there on purpose because you knew exactly what type of people everyone associates with the Rodney King verdict.

If someone implied that black people would be rioting the streets on this board, I obviously missed the implication and you’re right I probably didn’t get bent out of shape. So I’ll be honest here and just drop the PC for a minute – I get bent out of shape at just about everything you say because just about everything you say is offensive. But you don’t even have the decency or the nerve to come out and just be full blown offensive, you just kinda tiptoe around what you say and then yell “I’m not racist” as soon as someone calls you on it.

I don’t know what’s more frightening: that fact that you say such overtly racist things or that you claim that you don’t know they’re racist. At least if you were proudly spewing racial epithets I could accept that but since you always seem the need to defend them as if you really don’t realize what you’re saying is offensive it makes me wonder if you’re crazy or just clueless. See I know I offend people I just don’t care.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Well how many white people where rioting after Rodney king? How many white people where out destroying the own areas of town?
White people don't riot; they protest. Rioting is only done by minorities.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 AM

444 posts, read 1,049,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
404: Funny Not Found
That was good. had to give you some rep on that! LOL!

Old 07-17-2008, 01:28 PM

351 posts, read 336,349 times
Classify it anyway you want rioting/protesting but here are a couple examples of my white kin being idiots. Oh by the way most times this will not be broadcast by the media. What I find Ironic is that MLK Jr. led peaceful protests for a social injustice. A small group of white people are rioting over beer and sporting events. Is that really a good reason to riot beer and sporting events?
The Invisible Whiteness of the Olympic Beer Riot | AlterNet
CNN.com - Rioting: The new campus craze - Feb. 26, 2004
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections