Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: POLL FOR HILLARY DEMS ONLY: Would you vote for Obama or McCain or Stay home??
I am a Hillary Democrat voting for McCain! 13 50.00%
I am a Hillary Democrat voting for Barack Hussein Obama. 7 26.92%
I am a Hillary Democrat staying home! 1 3.85%
I do not know yet / not sure. 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You are right! And it is not coincidence that the nations where religion has the LEAST influence tend to be the more peaceful and advanced nations and the nations where religion has the MOST influence tend to be backwards and oppressive.
That is an unfortunate, but spot on observation. Its clear that the more religion is involved in secular state affairs, the more the people as a whole suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Clinton supporters cannot bring themselves to vote for either because neither embodies her and her character at all.

If a VP choice (for either side) comes out and embodies her, that is where the Hillary vote will go. (Palin for Republicans, Sebilius for Democrats).

Old 07-14-2008, 10:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Professed religious belief and actual church attendance and adherence to one's denomination are two different things.

The difference between "saying" you go to church is quite different from if one is really going to church or not. Here you go:

Did You Really Go To Church This Week? Behind the Poll Data
Wow. Well, absolutely, it just MUST be true then, right? We believe what we want to believe to suit our own agenda. I wonder how many other "studies" have been done that show the opposite.

Nice spin, though. I guess you'll next be saying we ARE a secular nation?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
The Hillary Dems are embarrassing the Democratic party. For all the ills the Democrats point out in the Republic Party, no one can ever accuse the RP for being divided. When it's time to tow the party line, they do it. Democrats as of late have a very sore loser attitude, almost like a kid in the cereal aisle when they don't get their way.

So instead of supposedly getting behind the party their candidate is affiliated with and focusing on defeating McCain they'd rather waste time and money in these grass roots efforts to implode their own party- nice.

Certainly not the party of Thomas Jefferson.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:33 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Default Poll is skewed

The results are skewed. People who would have never voted for Hillary are saying they are her supporters, and are voting for McCain.

This guy voted that he is a Hillary supporter voting for McCain:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post2360373

Sounds like quite the Hillary supporter to me.

I guess some people have to resort to dishonesty to make their side look better.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
The Hillary Dems are embarrassing the Democratic party. For all the ills the Democrats point out in the Republic Party, no one can ever accuse the RP for being divided. When it's time to tow the party line, they do it. Democrats as of late have a very sore loser attitude, almost like a kid in the cereal aisle when they don't get their way.

So instead of supposedly getting behind the party their candidate is affiliated with and focusing on defeating McCain they'd rather waste time and money in these grass roots efforts to implode their own party- nice.

Certainly not the party of Thomas Jefferson.
C'mon, now! Don't lump us all into that category. I was a Hillary supporter from early 2006 (way before she even announced her decision to run) until the primaries were over about a month ago, at which time I became an Obama supporter, since he became the presumptive nominee, and many of his ideals and stances on the issues are similar to Hillary's. Although I would've preferred Hillary, I think Obama will make a fine President, and can bring a lot of good to this country. Particularly moreso than McCain.

Yes, some Hillary supporters are doing a disservice to the party by trying to undermine Obama. However, it should be stated as some, not all.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
The results are skewed. People who would have never voted for Hillary are saying they are her supporters, and are voting for McCain.

This guy voted that he is a Hillary supporter voting for McCain:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post2360373

Sounds like quite the Hillary supporter to me.

I guess some people have to resort to dishonesty to make their side look better.
Quite pathetic, isn't it? People so commonly seem to forget that everyone is able to go back and look at previous postings and threads. People even more commonly seem to use dishonesty and underhanded tactics to try to make their side look better, or to try to "prove" their arguments.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Quite pathetic, isn't it? People so commonly seem to forget that everyone is able to go back and look at previous postings and threads. People even more commonly seem to use dishonesty and underhanded tactics to try to make their side look better, or to try to "prove" their arguments.
I dont know why you are so "anti-anyone-but-Obama" but you are always attacking your opposition.

This is a list of things you have said about anyone who does not support Obama, and I am here to counter your arguement.

People who support Clinton/McCain are
  1. Not racist
  2. Not in support of the war necessarily
  3. Not voting just to spite the popular guy
  4. Not for Bush
  5. Not against immigrants
  6. Not war mongers
  7. Not "anti-Christian"
  8. Not hateful
  9. Not against the lower class
  10. Not looking down on the poor
I think you need to stop attacking people. There was a "certain" thread that I was in where people like you would attack McCain/Hillary supporters just for being such. Your kind of anger and hate is not welcome in these forums.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I dont know why you are so "anti-anyone-but-Obama" but you are always attacking your opposition.

This is a list of things you have said about anyone who does not support Obama, and I am here to counter your arguement.

People who support Clinton/McCain are
  1. Not racist
  2. Not in support of the war necessarily
  3. Not voting just to spite the popular guy
  4. Not for Bush
  5. Not against immigrants
  6. Not war mongers
  7. Not "anti-Christian"
  8. Not hateful
  9. Not against the lower class
  10. Not looking down on the poor
I think you need to stop attacking people. There was a "certain" thread that I was in where people like you would attack McCain/Hillary supporters just for being such. Your kind of anger and hate is not welcome in these forums.
Ha ha...learn to read. A few posts up, I wrote about how I was a Hillary supporter (and still one, at heart, although I'll be voting for Obama) for YEARS before switching to Obama last month, when he became the presumptive nominee.

1. I've never said that people who don't support Obama are racist.

2. I've never said a single thing about the war on this entire forum.

3. No clue what you're talking about here

4. I've never mentioned anything about Bush on this entire forum.

5. I've never said that any of the Presidential candidates (or any of their supporters) are pro- or anti-immigration. Personally, I am pro immigration, but anti-illegal immigration.

6. I've never mentioned anything about the war or war-mongering on this entire forum.

7. I've never mentioned anything about anyone being pro- or anti-Christian, except when I wrote about my feelings towards the people who automatically hate Obama due to his heritage and family ties to Islam. Even then, I don't believe I mentioned anything about anyone being pro- or anti-Christian. I, myself, am Agnostic, as I've mentioned in multiple threads, and I do not care what religion others pratice, as I've also mentioned multiple times.

8. I've obviously never said that Clinton or McCain supporters are hateful, as I was a Hillary supporter myself, until very recently, and I'm not hateful toward any of the candidates.

9. I've actually defended the lower class multiple times on this forum. (most recently in the thread regarding Bush's belief that the economic stimulus plan is working. I defended people who were recently laid off and can't make their bills when one poster stated that he's happy that so many people in this country are in financial crisis right now, because it serves them right for not saving.)

10. See #9

Quite obviously, you have me confused with someone else, as I haven't written any of the things you claim I've written. Either that, or you have no real basis for an argument against what I have written, so you're just making things up. Try again...

Old 07-15-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Ha ha...learn to read. A few posts up, I wrote about how I was a Hillary supporter (and still one, at heart, although I'll be voting for Obama) for YEARS before switching to Obama last month, when he became the presumptive nominee.

1. I've never said that people who don't support Obama are racist.

2. I've never said a single thing about the war on this entire forum.

3. No clue what you're talking about here

4. I've never mentioned anything about Bush on this entire forum.

5. I've never said that any of the Presidential candidates (or any of their supporters) are pro- or anti-immigration. Personally, I am pro immigration, but anti-illegal immigration.

6. I've never mentioned anything about the war or war-mongering on this entire forum.

7. I've never mentioned anything about anyone being pro- or anti-Christian, except when I wrote about my feelings towards the people who automatically hate Obama due to his heritage and family ties to Islam. Even then, I don't believe I mentioned anything about anyone being pro- or anti-Christian. I, myself, am Agnostic, as I've mentioned in multiple threads, and I do not care what religion others pratice, as I've also mentioned multiple times.

8. I've obviously never said that Clinton or McCain supporters are hateful, as I was a Hillary supporter myself, until very recently, and I'm not hateful toward any of the candidates.

9. I've actually defended the lower class multiple times on this forum. (most recently in the thread regarding Bush's belief that the economic stimulus plan is working. I defended people who were recently laid off and can't make their bills when one poster stated that he's happy that so many people in this country are in financial crisis right now, because it serves them right for not saving.)

10. See #9

Quite obviously, you have me confused with someone else, as I haven't written any of the things you claim I've written. Either that, or you have no real basis for an argument against what I have written, so you're just making things up. Try again...
I was talking more to the very vocal and passionate Democrats in the forum in general, and it was not specifically aimed at you. I reread it, and realized I kind of had it written towards you, and I apologize, it was suppose to be for the passionate Democrats in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections