Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:48 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why all the obvious anger?

I could ask you the same question about Obama supporters. Why all the anger and hate? It is folly, at the very least, to try and act like it is one sided out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 06:04 PM

722 posts, read 1,104,148 times
Bah, there is plenty of anger on both sides. I think more people are plugging their candidates to satisfy their own personal agendas so they can sleep better at night knowing that "they made a difference" by posting their opinions on a internet forum.

But I will say I see more extreme, far-fetched and ridiculous displays of that anger on the McCain side of things. And there are people who I deeply respect who support McCain. They also refrain from using the tactics that I have seen employed here quite frequently.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Bah, there is plenty of anger on both sides. I think more people are plugging their candidates to satisfy their own personal agendas so they can sleep better at night knowing that "they made a difference" by posting their opinions on a internet forum.

But I will say I see more extreme, far-fetched and ridiculous displays of that anger on the McCain side of things. And there are people who I deeply respect who support McCain. They also refrain from using the tactics that I have seen employed here quite frequently.
Then you only see what you want to see. I have never seen so many haters that are liberal as this campaign of his brought out.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:09 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,209,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Then you only see what you want to see. I have never seen so many haters that are liberal as this campaign of his brought out.
Agreed, liberals have been out of control when it comes to this election. I don't remember this kind of insanity coming from the left even when Gore lost in 2000. There were some rather upset people, but compared to this it was nothing.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,099,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please expalin how his agenda is anti-American.
He thinks there is something fundementally wrong with our country.

The guy is a fraud and this has nothing to do with his race...

Old 10-31-2008, 07:16 PM

722 posts, read 1,104,148 times
Quote:
Perhaps its where you live. We don't have many of those haters on either side here. I only see the mud slinging in the forums.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Agreed, liberals have been out of control when it comes to this election. I don't remember this kind of insanity coming from the left even when Gore lost in 2000. There were some rather upset people, but compared to this it was nothing.
But to be fair, plenty of the McCain supporters are out of line and control also.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,209,441 times
Quote:
But to be fair, plenty of the McCain supporters are out of line and control also.
I don't know about that, and I have had no problem criticizing Republicans over the years but in this election I just don't see many McCain supporters being out of control. That's not to say there isn't any, but there's no comparison when it comes to this election. The left has gone to far.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
He thinks there is something fundementally wrong with our country.
He's right. Our country's leadership has been incredibly incompetent and self-serving. Maybe you've missed the past eight years.

Quote:
The guy is a fraud and this has nothing to do with his race...
Please expand on his fraudulent activities.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:38 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,031,366 times
Obama will loose.

Obama will win.

Hes gonna loose ya'll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections