U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Texas
12,959 posts, read 5,995,539 times
Reputation: 5969
Question Obama Bashers!

Why all the obvious anger?

Here's a guy who has achieved his position through hard work and high ability. He isn't the presumptive nominee because he was born with all the advantages of wealth and powerful political connections. He's where he is because he's done it the American way; he's worked his way up.

Here's a guy who doesn't seem to be motivated by personal gain. After graduating at the top of his class from Harvard Law School, he was offered very lucrative positions with Wall Street law firms. He instead returned to Chicago as a community organizer among the working poor.

Here's a guy who has a vision of repairing the obvious rift in America between left and right. Who does that threaten?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:39 AM
 
2,109 posts, read 2,431,010 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why all the obvious anger?

Here's a guy who has achieved his position through hard work and high ability. He isn't the presumptive nominee because he was born with all the advantages of wealth and powerful political connections. He's where he is because he's done it the American way; he's worked his way up.

Here's a guy who doesn't seem to be motivated by personal gain. After graduating at the top of his class from Harvard Law School, he was offered very lucrative positions with Wall Street law firms. He instead returned to Chicago as a community organizer among the working poor.

Here's a guy who has a vision of repairing the obvious rift in America between left and right. Who does that threaten?
It does not threaten me.

He has achieved his position by using his smarts, charm, looks and RACE and parlaying them to this national position with backing from scum-bag South Side Chicago machinery/far left lib $$$.

No thanks, I'll vote for McCain.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Washington state
7,185 posts, read 5,484,153 times
Reputation: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why all the obvious anger?

Here's a guy who has achieved his position through hard work and high ability. He isn't the presumptive nominee because he was born with all the advantages of wealth and powerful political connections. He's where he is because he's done it the American way; he's worked his way up.

Here's a guy who doesn't seem to be motivated by personal gain. After graduating at the top of his class from Harvard Law School, he was offered very lucrative positions with Wall Street law firms. He instead returned to Chicago as a community organizer among the working poor.

Here's a guy who has a vision of repairing the obvious rift in America between left and right. Who does that threaten?
How about, for many of the Obama haters, he's just not the right color. Oh, they'll come up with all sorts of dubious reasons why they dislike the guy but for a significant percentage it gets back to the RW's bread and butter....bigotry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,450 posts, read 15,871,760 times
Reputation: 5244
I have no problem with his accomplishments, I have a problem with:

His view on entitlement programs

His view on tax policy

His view on foreign policy

His view on corn based ethanol

His continuously shifting political positions
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Came-by-Chance
1,804 posts, read 378,245 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
How about, for many of the Obama haters, he's just not the right color.
If this forum is any representation of the general anti-Obama American then I'd say you hit the nail right on the head....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Texas
12,959 posts, read 5,995,539 times
Reputation: 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
It does not threaten me.

He has achieved his position by using his smarts, charm, looks and RACE and parlaying them to this national position with backing from scum-bag South Side Chicago machinery/far left lib $$$.

No thanks, I'll vote for McCain.
And millions will join you. In fact, I supported McCain's candidacy eight years ago. America would be better off today if he'd been elected then instead of Bush.

But please explain how you see him using his RACE as a political advantage. I think it's generally seen that his minority status is more of a burden than an advantage. Even his own name works against him. Yet, he's been able to overcome these obstacles. I think it's because he speaks to the issues in a way that connects across racial and economic lines.

But what do I know?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
 
7,138 posts, read 9,235,392 times
Reputation: 2205
All hats off to Obama for his educational achievement. But many have done the same. They are not running for the highest global office. I view him as dangerous, as I do not agree with his socialist/marxist/elitist ideologies. His anti-American agendas will not further us as a nation, or help us get out of the mess we have been given. Simple as that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Texas
12,959 posts, read 5,995,539 times
Reputation: 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
All hats off to Obama for his educational achievement. But many have done the same. They are not running for the highest global office. I view him as dangerous, as I do not agree with his socialist/marxist/elitist ideologies. His anti-American agendas will not further us as a nation, or help us get out of the mess we have been given. Simple as that.

Please expalin how his agenda is anti-American.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
 
35,000 posts, read 22,542,099 times
Reputation: 6094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yet, he's been able to overcome these obstacles. I think it's because he speaks to the issues in a way that connects across racial and economic lines.
Old Gringo, there's a lot of links on here from last night and today to the new New Yorker Obama articles - you might really have fun with the Chicago politics one. Reps for such a clear-headed, air-clearing, table-clearing thread topic. Refreshing!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,214 posts, read 24,168,566 times
Reputation: 6982
We already know what the talking POINT will be after the Obama defeat.

RACISM

Seems the only ones playing the race card are the dems/libs.

They just can't understand that reasonable people will not vote for him because of his ideology and ideas.

If you bots want to think it is a race issue - go ahead. Whatever works is my motto.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top