U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 PM

5,527 posts, read 8,787,966 times

Advertisements

Does anyone truly believe that on the Democratic or Republican side that these are the best candidates, or the best candidates left after the primaries? Is this a case of the favorite son, uncle or employee based on the fact that they are the ONLY ONE?

If you truly believe that they are the best candidate, running or not, please let us know. If you believe someone else would have been better (including non Dems and Republicans, someone who did not run) please tell us because right now the phrase "We are screwed either way" is ringing in my ears loud and clear.

In other words......who would YOU nominate for Prez and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 01:03 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,603,130 times
Well out of the original candiates from the primaries, I would've gone with Richardson and Romney. In an ideal world Gravel or Paul would be good (albiet not so extremist) but there's only so much even the president can do to reform the "establishment".

Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 AM

16,181 posts, read 27,519,774 times
Republicans: Romney and Palin

Old 09-25-2008, 01:17 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,179,583 times
If the elections were fair, according to statistics, the group usually chooses the right answer to most questions. So as much as I hate to admit it, probably!

Just remember in the last election, Gore got more votes than Bush. Sometimes it happens that way. Because of the electoral college, we ended up with the wrong person in office. I still think the Florida results were out of order. I think Gore was cheated out of the presidency and we are the losers. Think about what is happening now. How would this be different if Gore had been president? Nobody really knows, do they?

Old 09-25-2008, 04:49 AM

5,089 posts, read 7,271,657 times
I would have loved to see Guiliani stay in - or even better, I would love to have seen Colin Powell run.

Hmm, imagine the two of them together on a ticket - now that would be a good one.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:19 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,049,243 times
Yes, Colin Powell is presidential material in a way that neither obama nor mccain could ever be. I understood his wifes fear of assination, and that is why he didn't run back in 2000 --- but imagine where we would be if he had, and if he had won.

As for now....mccain and obama both are weak candidates. Perhaps obama would be in a stronger position had he won the nomination for 2012, and mccain -- never, he doesn't have the temperment nor does he have the skills.

So, I would love to have voted for Paul, Romney, Richardson, Kucinich, Guilliani and possibly Tancredo. If nothing else, those men are real 'mavericks' and would do more then toe the party line.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:23 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,341,865 times
Paul and Kucinich were the two that I liked most during the primary debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or