Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times

Advertisements

Here's the Obamatrons:

Here's me:

Truth, Justice & Peace: It's a F#%king Cartoon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:47 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I hope you didn't pull a muscle trying to twist and bend yourself so much to defend Obama's lack of comprehension of the purpose of the New Yorker cover, which was in its self meant to show all the popular caricatures of the Obamas on display in attempt to make those caricatures "absurd."

I have heard of public perception. I am just not buying your "analysis," as shallow and unrefined as it is.

The magazine was NOT making a "joke" about Muslims. It was making a "joke" about the way people call Obama a "terrorist, a Muslim, etc."
I understand the fact that it was making a joke about Obama and the ridiculousness of people calling him a Muslim terrorist. To be perfectly honest I think he probably does too. But again, public perception is a very key component of running for president. Would the best thing to do have been say nothing? Probably, but what happens when he says nothing and the Muslims of America and the world come after him (maybe not that large of a pool but I think you get my drift). In any sense, no matter what he would have done someone would have said it was wrong.

In regards to coming unhinged, I use caps just to make a specific part of a sentence stand out since most people on CD don't seem to read entire posts, just bits and pieces (not including you since you obviously commented on everything I typed).

I actually sit back and laugh at most of the stuff people either seem to think is extremely important in a Presidential candidate or play along with the thread as the "away team". My preference is to go against the grain. I don't plan on voting (something I have stated many times) based on the fact that I don't think the American people should have to settle with what choices we have. Both candidates suck, I am sure their VPs will suck and I am sure their 4 years of being President will suck as well. Oh well....back to another thread where I pissed off someone else. Take care.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Calm down! This is about a political cartoon! My nephew was killed in Afghanistan in 2005, and left a wife and 4 children. I don't hate Blacks, only phony racists Blacks like Barack/Michelle Nobama! I would also dislike phony and racist Whites, Latinos, Asians, etc. I strongly dislike the Islamic religion because it is a violent, racist and oppressive religion. Yes, I have read sections of the Quaran, and I find it to be representative of the anti-Christ! BTW, for the record, I am an Agnostic/Deist.
I am sorry to hear about your nephew and your families loss.

That being said, I understand that this is about a cartoon....but my point is that this is about a cartoon during the race to be President of the United States. Irregardless of what he would have said, anti Obama people would have jumped on him anyways (I hate all candidates so I have no one side).

People are saying that he overreacted but then again the Mccain camp said something similar. Where is that thread in which the Mccain camp is being "bashed" for saying it was offensive? Sure they probably said it just to look good to the country but gee.....isn't that the same thing Obama did? What is the difference?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:03 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,585,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I am sorry to hear about your nephew and your families loss.

That being said, I understand that this is about a cartoon....but my point is that this is about a cartoon during the race to be President of the United States. Irregardless of what he would have said, anti Obama people would have jumped on him anyways (I hate all candidates so I have no one side).

People are saying that he overreacted but then again the Mccain camp said something similar. Where is that thread in which the Mccain camp is being "bashed" for saying it was offensive? Sure they probably said it just to look good to the country but gee.....isn't that the same thing Obama did? What is the difference?
Thank you for your your kind thoughts re my deceased nephew and his family. He was all of 28 when he was killed by a roadside IED explosion in an unarmored Humvee. All's fair in love and politics! BTW, Michelle Nobma looks great as Angela Davis! Right on brother, right on!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your your kind thoughts re my deceased nephew and his family. He was all of 28 when he was killed by a roadside IED explosion in an unarmored Humvee. All's fair in love and politics! BTW, Michelle Nobma looks great as Angela Davis! Right on brother, right on!
Unarmored Humvee? This is the wrong thread to talk about that but it's definitely a hot button for me. I have buddies who were in Iraq and Afghanistan and some of the stuff they talk about makes you really wonder what $10 billion per month buys you.

Anyways...I never really pictured her as Angela Davis...more along the lines of an Omarosa from The Apprentice just a little lighter and less bitchy

Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Unarmored Humvee? This is the wrong thread to talk about that but it's definitely a hot button for me. I have buddies who were in Iraq and Afghanistan and some of the stuff they talk about makes you really wonder what $10 billion per month buys you.

Anyways...I never really pictured her as Angela Davis...more along the lines of an Omarosa from The Apprentice just a little lighter and less bitchy
We all know where all that money went, the same "black hole" that a significant percentage of Iraqi money found its way into; the pockets of the corrupt contractors who are war profiteers at the expense of human lives! Like the troops that have been electrocuted do to faulty wiring at American bases!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
We all know where all that money went, the same "black hole" that a significant percentage of Iraqi money found its way into; the pockets of the corrupt contractors who are war profiteers at the expense of human lives! Like the troops that have been electrocuted do to faulty wiring at American bases!
They can't even take a shower without worrying about themselves and not due to the enemy but the "enemy within". I still cannot figure how this is not more of an issue in the media as opposed to this ridiculous cartoon cover or Mccain and his Czechoslovakia mistake but in either case it's a damn shame.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:49 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
ITA.
Well said Nick. I think you just closed this post.
Oh, just like Al Gore and debate over. No, the post is not closed.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:

whats wrong with angela davis, i mean look at your ppls history as to why people like angela davis existed before u type

Old 07-20-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
whats wrong with angela davis, i mean look at your ppls history as to why people like angela davis existed before u type
Angela Davis is a radical Communist and you need to learn English! "i mean look at your ppls history...", look at my people's history? Who is my peoples? I certainly hope that my peoples is not your peoples!

Last edited by Steve Hazzard; 07-20-2008 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Edit text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections