U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 PM

2,308 posts, read 925,548 times
Thumbs down Obama says New Yorker insulted Muslim Americans

Quote:
CHICAGO - Democrat Barack Obama said Tuesday that the New Yorker magazine's satirical cover depicting him and his wife as flag-burning, fist-bumping radicals doesn't bother him but that it was an insult to Muslim Americans.
So, Nobama claims to be a Christian? Me thinks that might not be the truth! Besides, Nobama never met a statement/position that he couldn't convert to his own use, no matter the "tweaking" necessary to do so! The Muslims/Islamics have CAIR (Council on Islamic Relations) to spew their hate rhetoric, they don't need Nobama in their corner!

Obama says New Yorker insulted Muslim Americans - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 PM

2,654 posts, read 3,575,400 times
...and if he said "it doesnt offend Muslims" you would say just the opposite and bash him for not defending them

Old 07-15-2008, 09:45 PM

365 posts, read 322,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
...and if he said "it doesnt offend Muslims" you would say just the opposite and bash him for not defending them

ITA.
Well said Nick. I think you just closed this post.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:48 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,694,768 times
A little off topic here, but if you are either born in America, or have become an American citizen, aren't you essentially an "American?"

I've never gotten the terms "African-American", "Irish-American", etc., especially when it describes a person who has never even stepped foot in the country from which their ancestors emigrated.

Sorry for the interruption...carry on!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Excuse me!!! Please don't put thoughts in my head that are not there! I have no use for Nobama, Muslims or the Islamic religion! This is just another example of Nobama and his boot lickers pandering to the Muslims/Islamics and the Black voters that they represent! Next time, please let me do the thinking for me!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
ITA.
Well said Nick. I think you just closed this post.
In your ear!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
A little off topic here, but if you are either born in America, or have become an American citizen, aren't you essentially an "American?"

I've never gotten the terms "African-American", "Irish-American", etc., especially when it describes a person who has never even stepped foot in the country from which their ancestors emigrated.

Sorry for the interruption...carry on!
Thank you for your unimpeachable logic!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 PM

12,195 posts, read 6,202,269 times
Obama said what was right. Muslims should not be scapegoated. So ****in' what?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:03 PM

1,964 posts, read 1,630,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
So, Nobama claims to be a Christian? Me thinks that might not be the truth!
Huh? Why in the world would "you thinks" he's not a Christian, just because he feels something may have offended Muslims? I'm Agnostic...does that mean if I defend Romney against anti-Mormon remarks, that I am Mormon and not Agnostic? What ridiculous nonsense that is, which you try to pass as logic. Any argument you may have had, lost all credibility the moment you wrote that.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 AM
mga

230 posts, read 258,684 times
Obama says New Yorker insulted Muslim Americans

well, he does need to protect his biggest supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections