Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:28 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,696,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It comes down to 'who gets what', the perception of which party benefits the voter in question. It seems elemental, but it bears constant repetition. Self-interest. Much the same way black Americans vote 9-1 for democrats, so too do Hispanic americans. Not many people are comfortable talking about this, but both ethnic groups rely disproportionately upon various levels of government for public assistance. Democrats have virtually cornered the market on caring, and giveaways. Many Hispanics do not earn what white-non hispanics earn. So when a Democrat politician can offer more handouts, while imposing increased taxes on the wealthy, generally speaking, that is not going to impact many Hispanic americans, because they do not fall into that tax bracket.

These are not opinions, but rather facts. Go to Census Bureau Home Page for all the empirical evidence you need. I have 2000 and 2004 presidential election data to back this up as well and can produce maps that correspond to what I claim, if you want even further proof.
And it is sad because we have MADE IT EASIER for minorities than it is for white people to get into college. We have built the bridge for these minorities, and they wont cross it. Then they blame all their problems on racism when in reality, it is MUCH easier for a minority to succeed than it is for a white person to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
For anyone interested in "real data" instead of ignorant postings based on no facts at all.

Even though immigration has had a very high profile in the early stages of the 2008 presidential contest, it does not rise to the top when Latinos registered voters are asked to state which issues in the campaign are very important to them personally.
Given a list of six issues, the greatest number of Hispanic respondents (94%) consider education as either extremely important or very important. Next comes health care (91%); then the economy and jobs (91%); crime (84%); immigration (79%); and the war in Iraq (70%).

http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/83.pdf
Its funny, because the top 3 issues are problems casued simply because of illegal immigrants, yet hispanics still seem to embrace them.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:02 PM

10 posts, read 15,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Native American.

And I dont hate minorities. I hate groups that band together with the sole basis of race. This is America, and things like "black organizations" "La Raza" "NAACP" and all those others that are racial exclusive should be dismembered and ignored. We are here to coexist, not live in seperate societies.

Hispanics have, for the most part, come to America and lived in communities that are EXCLUSIVELY hispanic. Los Angeles has become nothing more than an extension of Mexico. Our founding fathers did not intend for this country to be filled with a bunch of self centered immigrant groups who live in isolated communities. They wave flags from their home countries, dont speak english, etc. You can not tell me that the people who fought to create America did so to allow these kinds of immigrant groups who do this.

And I dont not like African Americans, but I think they need to move on from their whining about racial inequality. We are 50 years past the civil rights movements and they have had all the rights as white Americans for most of many of their lives. The NAACP has become nothing more than a racist group, because a group for the advancement of Black Americans is no longer needed. If anything, Black Americans are treated better than white Americans in society today.

I just dont like groups who refuse to coexist in America, and you see it in a lot of minority groups. Why cant we be like the immigrants who came from Europe? They all intermingle, and created a great society. Why cant these immigrant groups do that?
Yeah like all the european immigrants who came to american and raped and killed all your native american ancestors. And don't you know most black people have native american blood. Since alot of freed slaves joined native tribes when searching for freedom. You do know mexico at one point before whites stole it. Went all the way up to the state of orgeon. White immigrants killed everybody that got in they're way. European immigrants didn't intermingle with other races that were already here in america before them. They just killed them all. If you call that creating a great society then so be it. I bet your ancestor's who died because of european immigration would disagree. About creating a great society. And this is coming from a white guy. How many people in america have seen two native americans at once. Let alone 3 or 4 at once. Yeah if you want these immigrant groups to be like the european one's before them. I feel sorry for america.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM

10 posts, read 15,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I peacefully disagree with you on minorities not getting a say in government. In today's current society they have a very loud voice. The sad thing is legal minorities often made out too look bad because of the illegals from all over the world although predominately hispanic illegals, cross our wide open borders.
If minorities have such a loud voice in government as you say. Name me a couple of hispanic, native american, asian, or arab american. Governor's, mayor, supreme court justice, or on a top advisory board. Blacks probably have the most influence of all minority groups. But those are mostly mayor's with a city who has a majority black population. Bill richardson was one hispanic governor. New york has a black governor. But that's about it. Everybody else in a top position is a old white man.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogiguy1 View Post
Yeah like all the european immigrants who came to american and raped and killed all your native american ancestors. And don't you know most black people have native american blood. Since alot of freed slaves joined native tribes when searching for freedom. You do know mexico at one point before whites stole it. Went all the way up to the state of orgeon. White immigrants killed everybody that got in they're way. European immigrants didn't intermingle with other races that were already here in america before them. They just killed them all. If you call that creating a great society then so be it. I bet your ancestor's who died because of european immigration would disagree. About creating a great society. And this is coming from a white guy. How many people in america have seen two native americans at once. Let alone 3 or 4 at once. Yeah if you want these immigrant groups to be like the european one's before them. I feel sorry for america.
They lost it in war and we paid them for it. When someone buys a house on the real estate market, did they "steal" it from the old owner? I dont think so. And the Native Americans lost America, too bad so sad. The world works through wars, it has forever. Native Americans lost the dominance.

And I think we should give Mexico California if that is all they really want. If that means we never have to accept another leech into our country, then we should go for it. That would solve all their problems, wouldn't it?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogiguy1 View Post
If minorities have such a loud voice in government as you say. Name me a couple of hispanic, native american, asian, or arab american. Governor's, mayor, supreme court justice, or on a top advisory board. Blacks probably have the most influence of all minority groups. But those are mostly mayor's with a city who has a majority black population. Bill richardson was one hispanic governor. New york has a black governor. But that's about it. Everybody else in a top position is a old white man.
The beauty of our government is that people have the right to vote. You should ask the voters why they aren't putting more minorities into the government.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM

9,364 posts, read 20,748,297 times
Quote:
They lost it in war and we paid them for it. When someone buys a house on the real estate market, did they "steal" it from the old owner? I dont think so. And the Native Americans lost America, too bad so sad. The world works through wars, it has forever. Native Americans lost the dominance.

And I think we should give Mexico California if that is all they really want. If that means we never have to accept another leech into our country, then we should go for it. That would solve all their problems, wouldn't it?
This is a great post. Reps to you.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,738,772 times
Quote:
Its funny, because the top 3 issues are problems casued simply because of illegal immigrants, yet hispanics still seem to embrace them.
Yes.. all the top 3 problems facing the nation are because of illegal immigrants.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,787,533 times
Quote:
There you go again. You equate all problems in America back to illegals. That is what most Hispanics and most Americans are getting sick of.

And it will come back to bite you in the rear November. Karma is a b%$#.

So keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections