Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would your vote change if McCain was black and Obama was white?
Yes 5 6.67%
No 67 89.33%
Not sure 3 4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:48 PM

365 posts, read 525,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, and people like bushy and his brother McCain had it soooooooo tough getting into and through school.....

But did they graduate??? Evidence in question (dumb, dumb-bomb, bomb)

!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,580,860 times
It wouldn't make sense, there just wouldn't be the hype about Obama if he wasn't black, he would just be another Edwards.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:27 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
It wouldn't make sense, there just wouldn't be the hype about Obama if he wasn't black, he would just be another Edwards.
And if he were white, he wouldn't even be here because Hillary would have won the primaries.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
And if he were white, he wouldn't even be here because Hillary would have won the primaries.

Please explain, jus curious!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
Please explain, jus curious!
Because Obama was black, he got 97% of the black vote.

Has he been white, they would have split the black vote 50-50. If they would have split the black vote, Hillary would have easily beat Obama. But because Obama was black, all the black votes went to him giving him the nomination.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Because Obama was black, he got 97% of the black vote.

Has he been white, they would have split the black vote 50-50. If they would have split the black vote, Hillary would have easily beat Obama. But because Obama was black, all the black votes went to him giving him the nomination.
Thanks 4 trying.

How about givin' me a call when u get d rt answer.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
Thanks 4 trying.

How about givin' me a call when u get d rt answer.
Yeah, keep lying to yourself, because you and I both know its true.

Thanks for being an ignorant idiot.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, keep lying to yourself, because you and I both know its true.

Thanks for being an ignorant idiot.

It been fun, but this is where d bus stops!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
We were not talking about them, we were talking about the poor people who live in ghetto's that, for some reason, you feel so much pity for. They should not be given any pity. I hate when poor people whine and talk about hating the rich, blah blah when their own destiny in their hands.

OH YES I'm talking about them! It is SOOO easy for you to hate the poor and LIE(which I've seen you do so much) about what the poor think or do.

You THINK they have it so easy yet it's a FACT that silver-spoon babies like McCain and babybushy have had everything handed to them and have no reason to complain...the poor aren't on a level playing field and then when they DO get ahead you whine about THAT...YUPPERS...a BLACK GUY WHO IS SO MUCH MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU..

.....that's REALLY the problem isn't it ???

Old 07-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OH YES I'm talking about them! It is SOOO easy for you to hate the poor and LIE(which I've seen you do so much) about what the poor think or do.

You THINK they have it so easy yet it's a FACT that silver-spoon babies like McCain and babybushy have had everything handed to them and have no reason to complain...the poor aren't on a level playing field and then when they DO get ahead you whine about THAT...YUPPERS...a BLACK GUY WHO IS SO MUCH MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU..

.....that's REALLY the problem isn't it ???
They can succeed just as anyone else can. From the poor to the upper middle class, the key to success is working hard through school and going to college. Everyone has to do that.

Its their fault that they have no success. Did they finish high school? No. Well, they need to take personal accountability. Too often I hear "well the rich get everything" and "my life is so hard" when your destiny is completely in your hands. Using the race or the poverty card is no excuse because everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed.

And McCain did not grow up wealthy. He lived on international bases being torn from his friends, family, and parents his whole life. He had to work for his success. Yea, I know so many spoiled rotten kids who risk their life for their country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections