Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Broad generalizations anyone? Some could construed that as racism.

I think it's safe to say that racism is present on many different sides.
Why do you keep looking for racism? What is racist about me saying I get along better with people I have things in common with? You need to get a grip.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Why do you keep looking for racism? What is racist about me saying I get along better with people I have things in common with? You need to get a grip.

okay....what was this in reference to?

"who works full time than I do with a 23-year-old who shares an apartment with 3 other girls and has pizza hut on the speed dial "

If I asked about fried chicken on speed dial....

My point racism is present on all sides....The fact that people hide it with clever statements doesn't change it.

Maybe I missed your point....working in fair housing has a tendency to point out racist comments.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:43 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
Quote:
She will as she gets older. Most of my inner circle is black with the exception of my best friend, a white girl from AR I can't get rid of she was my roomie at Bethune. But I just don't get along with white women my age. I have older white friends, mostly from work or extracurricular activities but they're all a good 5 years older than me. I used to think it was because white girls are silly, but I've realized that since I'm already a parent and 100% on my own I just have more in common with a 30-year-old mother who works full time than I do with a 23-year-old who shares an apartment with 3 other girls and has pizza hut on the speed dial
You cracked me up!!! To funny!! I hope you are right in your prediction, I surely am waiting for the day for her to call me and say, "Mommy you are not going to believe this?" I in turn will say "What is it that I will not believe?" and she will say, "I finally have a girlfriend that does not share my racial hue." That will be the day where she provides me with another dose of joy in my heart and make me prouder of her as a citizen of the United States. What I see in her is great as being her mother and one of her teachers, but she must seek and secure that balance in regard to her relationships with all people of different races.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
You cracked me up!!! To funny!! I hope you are right in your prediction, I surely am waiting for the day for her to call me and say, "Mommy you are not going to believe this?" I in turn will say "What is it that I will not believe?" and she will say, "I finally have a girlfriend that does not share my racial hue." That will be the day where she provides me with another dose of joy in my heart and make me prouder of her as a citizen of the United States. What I see in her is great as being her mother and one of her teachers, but she must seek and secure that balance in regard to her relationships with all people of different races.
I have disagreed with you in the past.

This post gives me great inspiration for equal rights.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:47 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am sure there would be isolated riots. look at the LA riots. it had all the colors of the rainbow.
Really, from what dk brown to midnight? Anything lighter was called hapless victims.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Right now, Obama is tied with McCain in national polls 43% BHO, 42% JMC.
Isn't Mccain's middle name Sidney? What's the "M" stand for?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:28 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Isn't Mccain's middle name Sidney? What's the "M" stand for?
"Mister"?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
okay....what was this in reference to?

"who works full time than I do with a 23-year-old who shares an apartment with 3 other girls and has pizza hut on the speed dial "

If I asked about fried chicken on speed dial....

My point racism is present on all sides....The fact that people hide it with clever statements doesn't change it.

Maybe I missed your point....working in fair housing has a tendency to point out racist comments.
I didn't know eating pizza was something only white people did The pizza was a reference to being young, not being white.

And do you have a number for fried chicken on speed dial? If so please share cause I don't know of any chicken places that deliver.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 PM

231 posts, read 157,029 times
Quote:
Why do you keep looking for racism?
To assuage his own.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I didn't know eating pizza was something only white people did The pizza was a reference to being young, not being white.

And do you have a number for fried chicken on speed dial? If so please share cause I don't know of any chicken places that deliver.

Okay then I am ignorant of the same thing I preach.....I guess a hypocrite...

If we were ignorant we wouldn't't have known what you meant.

You knew what you were referring to..Let's leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections