Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times

Advertisements

don't get me started on the diet crap. I honestly think that sugar substitutes will make you fatter than sugar. I personally avoid both of them. if something needs to be sweetened, I use honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I just got back from Denny's....fried eggs, links, hash browns, english muffins, and of course, a diet coke! yummm...

Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
I just got back from Denny's....fried eggs, links, hash browns, english muffins, and of course, a diet coke! yummm...
I'll have the same, only scrambled, and wheat toast, and add tomato juice and coffee.

Big Breakfast May Lead to Big Weight Loss (http://www.informify.com/top-stories/48-health/247-big-breakfast-may-lead-to-big-weight-loss - broken link)

Old 07-18-2008, 04:29 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
No one said there was anything wrong with the food.

There's just a problem with moderation.
Moderation, yes, that's the word I could not come up with this morning! Thanks!

Old 07-18-2008, 04:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
Okay explain this....

Grand mother born and raised southern belle.

Cooked about the greasiest food imaginable everyday....except when they ate out at somewhere that was slightly more greasy than home cooking.

Both were never obese. (GF and GM)

GF has passed at 81 but GM is still alive and very active....still eating the greasiest food she can.

Both smoked and those have very obvious effects on their health.

The point.....something else is causing obesity...Genetics, intake composition, activities...ect

Could it be the push for office jobs that require you to sit for 8 hours a day?

Could it be high fructose corn syrup?

Diabetes?

Balanced diet is critical. Think of a plant....if you have any or know how to grow them nutrients are 100% critical to how healthy it is.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 PM

I don't know what it is. with so many liberals moving south from up north because of "high taxes" (go figure), you would think the influx of liberals would make most in the south puke. thus causing weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Okay explain this....

Grand mother born and raised southern belle.

Cooked about the greasiest food imaginable everyday....except when they ate out at somewhere that was slightly more greasy than home cooking.

Both were never obese. (GF and GM)

GF has passed at 81 but GM is still alive and very active....still eating the greasiest food she can.

Both smoked and those have very obvious effects on their health.

The point.....something else is causing obesity...Genetics, intake composition, activities...ect

Could it be the push for office jobs that require you to sit for 8 hours a day?

Could it be high fructose corn syrup?

Diabetes?

Balanced diet is critical. Think of a plant....if you have any or know how to grow them nutrients are 100% critical to how healthy it is.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,444 times
Default As I posted in the "General" Forum,

I swanee, I just don't understand the infatuation (pun intended) of damnyankees and other inbreds with the physical conditions of Southerners. It's as if them damnyankees and other inbreds don't have a clue as to what real, I repeat REAL food is, and even if they have an inkling (maybe they've been to Cracker Barrel?) they cannot get beyond the bland, tasteless foods they have as staples, rather to chastise Southerners who know how to cook, and yep, know how to eat. Man, I am happy as a pig in slop that all y'all just stay the hell up nawth, feeling yo' bones through the skin every time you got an itch.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:57 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,108 times
LOL...I think this is the fastest growing topic I've ever seen! 11+ pages in one day!! Ah well, no one can help that the Southern diet is so well rounded! (no pun intended!).

Old 07-18-2008, 09:11 PM

nah, my teaching thread destroys it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
LOL...I think this is the fastest growing topic I've ever seen! 11+ pages in one day!! Ah well, no one can help that the Southern diet is so well rounded! (no pun intended!).

Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Mike, Mike, Mike...the only thing that can harm you in that mix is the DIET coke !!!

Google "aspartame"... deadly poison in most sugar-free foods...pushed onto the market by Reagan and Rumsfeld...side effects are unbelievable!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:16 PM

better yet, look up stevia, and why it was banned as a sweetener. you can get it now, but only as a dietary supplement. hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Mike, Mike, Mike...the only thing that can harm you in that mix is the DIET coke !!!

Google "aspartame"... deadly poison in most sugar-free foods...pushed onto the market by Reagan and Rumsfeld...side effects are unbelievable!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections