Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times

Advertisements

Yeah, McCain can focus on the economy. I was just leaked an internal memo by his staff, test flying different slogans for ads about the economy. Here's the short list, please vote for your preference:

1. I'm still rich, so everything is OK.

2. I don't know much about the economy, I just defer to my buddy Phil Gramm, and he says you're a lot of whiners. So *********.

3. Reagan said the best economic plan is a JOB, Phil Gramm says the best economic plan is getting payoffs for favorable legislative treatment from Swiss banks, Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist say the best economic plan is to scam your clients, but I say the best economic plan is to marry a rich bimbo! So you see, you Reagan Democrats are wrong again.

4. I've got mine, Jack!

5. I'm against the Bush tax cuts, no wait, I'm for the bush tax cuts. Hey Steve, what's the story today, am I for or against?

These are all focus group tested and C-D approved. Comments.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Yeah, McCain can focus on the economy. I was just leaked an internal memo by his staff, test flying different slogans for ads about the economy. Here's the short list, please vote for your preference:

1. I'm still rich, so everything is OK.

2. I don't know much about the economy, I just defer to my buddy Phil Gramm, and he says you're a lot of whiners. So *********.

3. Reagan said the best economic plan is a JOB, Phil Gramm says the best economic plan is getting payoffs for favorable legislative treatment from Swiss banks, Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist say the best economic plan is to scam your clients, but I say the best economic plan is to marry a rich bimbo! So you see, you Reagan Democrats are wrong again.

4. I've got mine, Jack!

5. I'm against the Bush tax cuts, no wait, I'm for the bush tax cuts. Hey Steve, what's the story today, am I for or against?

These are all focus group tested and C-D approved. Comments.

golfgod
Golfgod......aren't you going to miss your tee time?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
did no one get the memo? this country shuts down when obama is gone.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
When Obama goes on his world trip what will McCain do?

Most media personel will be on the trip with Obama.

Seems like a big problem, unless Obama provides some gaff.
But outside of that should McCain try to get attention or sit back?

Napping is probably his favorite "activity" so he'll do a lot of that....no one will be able to tell the difference.......

Old 07-18-2008, 04:01 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
yeah, I suppose you don't like naps. whatever, I love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Napping is probably his favorite "activity" so he'll do a lot of that....no one will be able to tell the difference.......

Old 07-18-2008, 04:07 PM

509 posts, read 691,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I would reveal my VP pick the second day of Obama's trip.
Thats a good idea for McCain.
Provided Obama & his media crew are not top it somehow that day.
It a risk McCain probably should take, although maybe on the Obama's flight home, when all the frenzy is over.
I think it would spell the end of his campaign if he were to name vp and the lead news of the day is Obama meets with Maliki.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:35 PM

365 posts, read 525,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
You're forgetting Faux News. They hate those durn liberals over there in godless Europe and they will certainly be staying home with the dinosaur when Obama goes to Europe.

Why should McNut step away from his norms; I think he should keep napping.

OR

Faux should take a vacation from smearing the obamas. Shouldn't everyone take a vacation at least once a year??? Perhaps faux should spend their empty-zone-time getting a complete make-over, and McNut should make an appointment to see his therapist (temper doesn't look good on anyone).

!!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
I think you are right, but still the media will be all over Obama.

McCain is going to need something to keep/get his name in the limelight.
He could get naked and run around the White House a few times!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
When Obama goes on his world trip what will McCain do?

Most media personel will be on the trip with Obama.

Seems like a big problem, unless Obama provides some gaff.
But outside of that should McCain try to get attention or sit back?
I am sure that the Faux News Channel will be following McCain and spinning his every move into something great and heroic! But you are right that the important media will be covering President Obama as he enters the world stage and receives a hero's welcome to Europe and the Middle East. The conservatives are already stewing about his speech at the Brandenberg Gate in Germany because they know his speech there will be a huge hit and erase Reagan's speech there (which admittedly was good too).

Old 07-18-2008, 05:51 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
Why should McNut step away from his norms; I think he should keep napping.

OR

Faux should take a vacation from smearing the obamas. Shouldn't everyone take a vacation at least once a year??? Perhaps faux should spend their empty-zone-time getting a complete make-over, and McNut should make an appointment to see his therapist (temper doesn't look good on anyone).

!!
You can always count on well thought out responses from Obamaites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections