Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
She's so happy about what happened in Iraq ...what we did for the Iraqis...and to hell with our troops.

Now the irony
she hates Muslims (scared to death Obama may be one )

and Iraq is 97% MUSLIM......

Can she give a LOGICAL explanation for that...I doubt it....
I wonder if Iraq will support Israel's right to exist? 97% you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
While I don't think we needed to go to Iraq in the first place, I'm glad that things are coming back together. At least it means we're closer to ending our involvement there. No things weren't going well, but now they are, and I'm thankful for that.

I just don't see the point in patting someone on the back for cleaning up a mess that they made, has shown little sign of benefitting the US on a scale justified by the huge investment in blood and $$$, and was easily avoidable.

Last edited by burdell; 07-21-2008 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How does this benefit America? That 'murderous dictator' NEVER attacked the US and was an enemy of al Qaeda, keeping Iraq far freer of them than since he was deposed.

Once again, how does that benefit America? Does Iraq being democratic not mean they are free to make their own choice? What guarantee is there the Shiias and Sunnis don't unite against a common enemy, the US? What guarantee is there Iraq won't choose to align itself with its Islamic neighbor, Iran?

Many BAD things have already happened with little/no indication of long term benefit to the US.
Yeah we wouldn't want a bunch of free people in an area that religiously practices oppression....other than not being attacked for 7 years and thwarting many attempts...I guess nothing has come from it. If another attack happened like 9/11 1 trillion towards the wars would seem minute.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I just don't see the point in patting someone on the back for cleaning up a mess that they made, has show little sign of benefitting the US on a scale justified by the huge investment in blood and $$$, and was easily avoidable.
Don't ignore how much blood and money we lost. Yes I know your next statement....but Iraq wasn't involved....The reasons were clearly pointed out. Even if WMD didn't exist which the rest of the world thought there was a chance they did when all of it was going down...we removed a dictator and now the country can be democratic...

I always say if you think the war on terrorism was about shoot em up...your wrong it was to instill what freedom feels like....something humans crave for...and once they have will die for.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah we wouldn't want a bunch of free people in an area that religiously practices oppression....other than not being attacked for 7 years and thwarting many attempts...I guess nothing has come from it. If another attack happened like 9/11 1 trillion towards the wars would seem minute.

Not being attacked for 7 years?

Here's a bulletin I guess you missed: We were NOT ATTACKED by IRAQ for MORE than 200 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Don't ignore how much blood and money we lost. Yes I know your next statement....but Iraq wasn't involved....The reasons were clearly pointed out. Even if WMD didn't exist which the rest of the world thought there was a chance they did when all of it was going down...we removed a dictator and now the country can be democratic...
WHERE was the rest of the world when there was work to be done?

And HOW has the US benefitted? I don't give a rat's behind if Iraq is democratic or not when it doesn't benefit the US.

Quote:
I always say if you think the war on terrorism was about shoot em up...your wrong it was to instill what freedom feels like....something humans crave for...and once they have will die for.
I always say that terrorists do not conveniently confine themselves to one or two countries and you will not defeat them by focusing your efforts there.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
WHERE was the rest of the world when there was work to be done?

And HOW has the US benefitted? I don't give a rat's behind if Iraq is democratic or not when it doesn't benefit the US.
If you can't think any further out then today...I will get you to understand.

Quote:
I always say that terrorists do not conveniently confine themselves to one or two countries and you will not defeat them by focusing your efforts there.
Exactly.....but if you give people freedoms and a chance to do something besides be oppressed then there is a small chance in he** they might not become terrorist.....maybe go to school or something. You can't defeat them by shooting them....but if you use psychological warfare there is at least a chance. Without it would be the same as always....the same conditions that cost us over 3,000 lives and 100's of billions if not trillions. Nothing in life is free and that includes freedoms....If we are always worried about another 9/11 and sat back and did nothing...what kinda freedom is that...but as it sits you feel free enough to be sitting on your computer complaining about it.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Not being attacked for 7 years?

Here's a bulletin I guess you missed: We were NOT ATTACKED by IRAQ for MORE than 200 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In your close ended world your right....the real world is a bit more complicated.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
In your close ended world your right....the real world is a bit more complicated.

In other words, you have nothing constructive to add to your failed attempt at claiming no attacks in 7 years justifies invading/occupyong Iraq while you conveniently ignore the previous more than 200 years that were free of attack by Iraq.

You've attenpted to cite concern for Iraqi human rights as a valid reason for the invasion, that's laughable given our dealings with China, Saudi Arabia, and many other countries where human rights exist to no greater extent than they did in Iraq. I guess having lots of cheap consumer electronics or lots of oil excuses those oppressive governments?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM

Such a closed mind.

If you can get past the fact we are where we are you would see we aren't on 9/10/2000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections