Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,969,848 times

Advertisements

Oh thats right everyone who does not like liberalism is a bigot.

Gee I though rep, had the small minds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 11:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Oh thats right everyone who does not like liberalism is a bigot.

Gee I though rep, had the small minds!
At least the people that speak like that are determined...

Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 PM

231 posts, read 155,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As predicted, you didn't disappoint.
Likewise!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,379,684 times
I can list reasons why I wont vote for him.

his foreign policy is atrocious, his domestic policy is atrocious, his plan for fixing our energy needs is absurdly ridiculous, he is just way to damn liberal for my tastes, I dont care what color he is, I dont care where he came from, I dont care what color shoes he wears of if he gets the approval of the European nations, I dont care where he lives, I dont care what his wife thinks, or what the media thinks or what the Hollywood freaks think the only thing I care about is if he will work for the American people, and from the policy's I have read of his, NO he will not be working for the American people, he will be just more of the same, driven by greed and the need for more power, controlled by who has the biggest pocket books.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,562,518 times
Ok only 1/14 posters mentioned something about policy, thanks Noahma, looks like the other 13/14 are more interested in character and truly shows how Americans vote today.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,413,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watamensch View Post
Obama has been called everything from black to white... Christian to Muslim... Flip-flopper to Liberal.

Try THIS.

WHY should we elect McCain, based on F-A-C-T-S, not flag pins or rumor mongering
Pssst.....Obama has a black baby.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:06 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,657,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watamensch View Post
Obama has been called everything from black to white... Christian to Muslim... Flip-flopper to Liberal.

Try THIS.

WHY should we elect McCain, based on F-A-C-T-S, not flag pins or rumor mongering
"The issues"??? Since when do Republicans run on the issues?? When they do, they lose!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:12 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,807,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post

his foreign policy is atrocious, his domestic policy is atrocious, his plan for fixing our energy needs is absurdly ridiculous, he is just way to damn liberal for my tastes, I dont care what color he is, I dont care where he came from, I dont care what color shoes he wears of if he gets the approval of the European nations, I dont care where he lives, I dont care what his wife thinks, or what the media thinks or what the Hollywood freaks think the only thing I care about is if he will work for the American people, and from the policy's I have read of his, NO he will not be working for the American people, he will be just more of the same, driven by greed and the need for more power, controlled by who has the biggest pocket books.
So do you want to say WHY you disagree with his policies? Just calling them atrocious doesn't do anything.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,379,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
So do you want to say WHY you disagree with his policies? Just calling them atrocious doesn't do anything.
His energy policy for one, is EXACTLY the same thing that got us into this mess, not allowing domestic drilling, and really only saying that alternative energy is going to save us. well we are living right now and we need a solution while we wait for these alternative energy's to mature. Doing nothing, is not an answer it is more of the same.

his foreign policy is just as bad, pandering to enemy states such as Iran and Syria by sitting down with their leaders to "Talk" while they openly defy U.N. resolutions, and publicly call for the destruction of Israel and her Allys.

domestically it is a nightmare, bringing business taxes to around 55% is going to not only put good working middle class citizens out on the street, forced to take welfare. Bringing up the taxes on rich (who by chance own the companies that employ middle class) to all time highs, this will not only hurt us, but it will cause more and at an increased speed moving of our companies over seas. Rolling back the bush tax cuts, will hurt Middle class citizens. I know for one will be hurt badly (yes I am middle class)

Now this is more about his policy's than I hear anywhere else, the only reason a few of my co-workers say they are going to vote for him is because "he speaks well" they cannot tell me one thing about any of his policy's.

you can find alot of his stuff on his own website
Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Issues

and no, I am not a republican, I am not a democrat, and I would say similar things about many of McCain's policy's as well.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,929,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post

First of all, it doesn't matter what you say, Noahma, if you don't vote Obama, you're a racist. Plain and simple. There are no legitimate reasons to vote anyone but Obama, and to do so only says you don't want a black man in office!

That said... I won't vote for a democrat who is not moderate in his/her views (the same way I most likely won't vote for a Republican who's not moderate in his/her views. So, I don't care if it's Obama or not. A black man or not. A woman or not.

I will vote on the candidate who most likely shares my perspective on views. And in the case of Obama, who (in my humble opinion) still hasn't presented any factual information on his views (he says "no" to drilling oil, but is still vague at best on his "alternate fuel" perspectives).

Additionally, the fact that Obama would be willing to talk to U.S. adversaries says his grasp on world politics is naive at best. Just as the Israelis feared that speaking directly to Hizballah or Hamas groups gives them "legitimacy," so would be the same in speaking to others directly. For those less informed, we do not "ignore" Iran and their politics. Rather we used foreign mediating embassy officials to pass official communiques. For those that forgot, in 1979, there was a kidnapping and violent overtaking of the U.S. embassy in Tehran where hostages were held for over a year. Last I checked, the same radical Islamic fundamentalist ideals are still in practice in that country. Additionally, those countries with closed or tightly monitored media venues turn, twist, and change context of meetings they have with Americans (or other western powers) to say that they have brought us to our knees.. thereby garnering additional support from the masses to snub the rest of the world in foreign policy.

Another issue important to me is the economy and the spending/saving of money that I make. Right now, I can safely say that more of my tax dollars goes to supporting others in the city on social programs than back to me roads, schools, etc. I don't need a left-wing liberal grabbing more of MY earnings to support more people sitting on their bottoms, popping out children, and complaining that I need to have "understanding" as to why I have to spin a box several times to find the "English" writing so I know what I'm buying.

I am very "down the middle" with my views. And right now, Obama is more left of middle than McCain is right of middle. If that changes, so will my perspective on who to vote for. But again... I'm white... so if I don't vote Obama, it's probably a race thing, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections