U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2008, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,210 posts, read 47,614,469 times
Reputation: 19722

Advertisements

WASHINGTON -- Condoleezza Rice says it's a remarkable accomplishment that a black politician is on track for his party's presidential nomination.

The secretary of state says it's great for the country that Barack Obama is the expected Democratic nominee. Rice says it shows that the U.S. has come a long way. Rice herself is the second black to be America's top diplomat. Colin Powell was the first.

Newsmax.com - Rice: Obama's Success Is Great Gain for Blacks (http://www.newsmax.com/politics/rice_politics/2008/07/20/114505.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
 
Location: 44.9800 N, 93.2636 W
2,654 posts, read 5,156,646 times
Reputation: 879
the fact that shes not saying who she is voting for basically translates to Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:19 PM
 
351 posts, read 260,926 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
the fact that shes not saying who she is voting for basically translates to Obama.
Get over it! She is a Republican as was her father because the democrats would not register him to vote, and her father was a loyal Republican and the man she admires most. She will vote for McCain like the rest of the Republicans. She just has the class to not sway voters. I agree with Condi Rice a black man running for president is great for this country. I'm sure Bill Clinton is peeved as he thought he was the first black president!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
 
Location: 44.9800 N, 93.2636 W
2,654 posts, read 5,156,646 times
Reputation: 879
thats true its very classless of all other GOPers to endorse McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,256 posts, read 16,207,366 times
Reputation: 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Get over it! She is a Republican as was her father because the democrats would not register him to vote, and her father was a loyal Republican and the man she admires most. She will vote for McCain like the rest of the Republicans. She just has the class to not sway voters. I agree with Condi Rice a black man running for president is great for this country. I'm sure Bill Clinton is peeved as he thought he was the first black president!
I don't think it's a stretch to think that she'd vote for Obama. Voting for McCain just because he's a Republican would be just as foolish as voting for Obama just because he's black. She's an educated woman and I'm sure she's made an educated choice. I agree that it's classy of her to keep it private.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 01:13 PM
 
351 posts, read 260,926 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think it's a stretch to think that she'd vote for Obama. Voting for McCain just because he's a Republican would be just as foolish as voting for Obama just because he's black. She's an educated woman and I'm sure she's made an educated choice. I agree that it's classy of her to keep it private.
She is an educated women, brilliant IMO which is why she would never vote for an idiot like Obama. He has made too many stupid mistakes and instead of admitting he made a mistake on the surge or on Iran he tries to cover them up or lies. 58 states, 10,000 dead from a tornado in Kansas, the Hanford nuclear waste clean-up vote lie, and on and on and on.... You honestly believe a person like Condi Rice would vote for that? I think not. McCain is not a conservative but he will at least stand behind his votes as a maverick which is honorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,747,559 times
Reputation: 6163
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
58 states, 10,000 dead from a tornado in Kansas, the Hanford nuclear waste clean-up vote lie, and on and on and on.... You honestly believe a person like Condi Rice would vote for that? I think not. McCain is not a conservative but he will at least stand behind his votes as a maverick which is honorable.
Maverick - sullen brat in Depends is more like it. You know how he fought against the inflation-adjusted current GI Bill, and offered an amended version. When the other version passed in the Senate, McCain was one of only two senators who didnt show up to vote on it. The other who didnt show was Ted Kennedy, who was fighting a brain tumor. Pout much, Johnny? And if you're pouting and punishing like a 7-year-old but actually you're 72, (1) you've been enabled most of your life and (2) you're not about to change.

Now that's a real man! That's "standing behind his votes!" That's a "maverick"! Right, you weirdos?

Last edited by delusianne; 07-21-2008 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: I need lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,354,817 times
Reputation: 835
so after all the bashing the libs have done about rice, now they are kissing her butt. too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,747,559 times
Reputation: 6163
It's pointless to speculate on how Condoleeza Rice is going to vote! Her response was perfectly ladylike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top