U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
 
23,901 posts, read 19,988,856 times
Reputation: 5891

Advertisements

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Why do many Europeans overwhelmingly prefer Obama? - Blogs from CNN.com

A recent poll from England found 70% of Italians, 67% of Germans, 65% of the French and 49% of Britons would vote for Obama. Compare that to Republican John McCain, who gets support from 15% of Italians, 6% of Germans, 8% of the French and 14% in Britain.



Read and discuss if interested. Does Europe matter to us? Should we care?
Do they have a clue? Will we need to invade them eventually so who should care? Have they become nations so overun with socialism and immigrants that they no longer should matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
 
5,919 posts, read 4,548,831 times
Reputation: 666
maybe its because of mccains relativeness to the republican party and the war on terror campaign.. their views dont matter anyway as our views dont matter to them, oops im wrong the US seldomly pokes its nose in european politics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 2,386,173 times
Reputation: 835
david hasselhoff was a god in europe, he doesn't matter here. also, didn't the french elect a conservative? europeans would love to see us elect obama, because he goes against what so many around the world are jealous of, our constitution. a country where you can live your life, and the government won't interfere. the last president to understand this was coolidge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Why do many Europeans overwhelmingly prefer Obama? - Blogs from CNN.com

A recent poll from England found 70% of Italians, 67% of Germans, 65% of the French and 49% of Britons would vote for Obama. Compare that to Republican John McCain, who gets support from 15% of Italians, 6% of Germans, 8% of the French and 14% in Britain.



Read and discuss if interested. Does Europe matter to us? Should we care?
Do they have a clue? Will we need to invade them eventually so who should care? Have they become nations so overun with socialism and immigrants that they no longer should matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: PA
4,903 posts, read 2,928,578 times
Reputation: 1599
They know another socialist when they see one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
 
5,919 posts, read 4,548,831 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
david hasselhoff was a god in europe, he doesn't matter here. also, didn't the french elect a conservative? europeans would love to see us elect obama, because he goes against what so many around the world are jealous of, our constitution. a country where you can live your life, and the government won't interfere. the last president to understand this was coolidge.
europeans want us to elect obama because they are jealous of the U.S constitution?<--thats a little arrogant and a bold face lie, tho the french elected a conservative their conservatism isnt the same as americas.

what does/has america stand for?
the goverment has no record of interfering with its citizens?

are you one of them pro american nuts who contradict everything they say about america and its laws past and present
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
 
5,919 posts, read 4,548,831 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
They know another socialist when they see one.
quite a number of euro nations are better off than the US.

AMERICAS FEAR CAMPAIGN: has a history of discriminating against socialist illegally a socialist from wisconsin was denied his seat when he one his state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
 
Location: USA
881 posts, read 1,044,916 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Why do many Europeans overwhelmingly prefer Obama? - Blogs from CNN.com

A recent poll from England found 70% of Italians, 67% of Germans, 65% of the French and 49% of Britons would vote for Obama. Compare that to Republican John McCain, who gets support from 15% of Italians, 6% of Germans, 8% of the French and 14% in Britain.

Read and discuss if interested. Does Europe matter to us? Should we care?
Do they have a clue? Will we need to invade them eventually so who should care? Have they become nations so overun with socialism and immigrants that they no longer should matter?
Q. Does Europe matter to us? Should we care?
A. No, not really. I don't care, Europe is in decline in many aspects.

Q. Do they have a clue?
A. No, they only eat up Government-run media. take Norway as an example. There are only 4 channels in the whole country that are NOT owned and run by the government. The rest of the channels are government-run, so in a sense, the government controls the news, TV shows, etc. They eat up the Socialist garbage 24/7. It's much like the European education system, which is wholly controlled by far left types. It's like a version of San Francisco except it is widespread in whole continent.

Q. Will we need to invade them eventually so who should care?
A. No. Islamists will do the job for us. Europe will become an Islamic continent. America will be alone in the near future. In fact, many say it already IS alone against Islam and terrorism.

Amazon.com: America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It: Mark Steyn: Books

Europe will be an Islamic continent soon.

http://pubphilosopher.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/europe_2015_1.gif (broken link)


Q. Have they become nations so overun with socialism and immigrants that they no longer should matter?
A. That is exactly what happened. Socialist education system and media has transformed Europe into a huge Socialist society, where no one thinks outside the government's model. A nation of zombies.

The media there is so much worse than US media that is hides Islamism and hated against non-Muslims, all in the name of white guilt and political correctness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 2,386,173 times
Reputation: 835
the government has no record of interfering with their citizens? I didn't know neptune had the internet. what freaking planet are you on? all the government does is screw with us and steal from us. the country was supposed to be "we the people." europeans are jealous of what the country stands for, not for what it is, because the country didn't turn out like it was supposed to and it is a disgrace. I agree that there are many european countries that are better off than we are, but the are smaller countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
europeans want us to elect obama because they are jealous of the U.S constitution?<--thats a little arrogant and a bold face lie, tho the french elected a conservative their conservatism isnt the same as americas.

what does/has america stand for?
the goverment has no record of interfering with its citizens?

are you one of them pro american nuts who contradict everything they say about america and its laws past and present
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
 
5,919 posts, read 4,548,831 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Q. Does Europe matter to us? Should we care?
A. No, not really. I don't care, Europe is in decline in many aspects.

Q. Do they have a clue?
A. No, they only eat up Government-run media. take Norway as an example. There are only 4 channels in the whole country that are NOT owned and run by the government. The rest of the channels are government-run, so in a sense, the government controls the news, TV shows, etc. They eat up the Socialist garbage 24/7. It's much like the European education system, which is wholly controlled by far left types. It's like a version of San Francisco except it is widespread in whole continent.

Q. Will we need to invade them eventually so who should care?
A. No. Islamists will do the job for us. Europe will become an Islamic continent. America will be alone in the near future. In fact, many say it already IS alone against Islam and terrorism.

Amazon.com: America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It: Mark Steyn: Books

Europe will be an Islamic continent soon.

http://pubphilosopher.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/europe_2015_1.gif (broken link)


Q. Have they become nations so overun with socialism and immigrants that they no longer should matter?
A. That is exactly what happened. Socialist education system and media has transformed Europe into a huge Socialist society, where no one thinks outside the government's model. A nation of zombies.

The media there is so much worse than US media that is hides Islamism and hated against non-Muslims, all in the name of white guilt and political correctness.
im pretty sure if native americans of ealier colonial americawere able todowhat we dotoday a map of the americas would like similar on difference is christianity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
 
Location: PA
4,903 posts, read 2,928,578 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
quite a number of euro nations are better off than the US.

AMERICAS FEAR CAMPAIGN: has a history of discriminating against socialist illegally a socialist from wisconsin was denied his seat when he one his state

[SIZE=2]United States problems all the result of socialist ideas and Communist ideas.

The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.
Thomas Jefferson.

In reguards to your last statement about the socialist that was "elected"

I'm not sure how he was denied his seat. But this my response to those of the socialist idealogy.

[/SIZE][LEFT]1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. 2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. 3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance. 4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels. 5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly. 6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state. 7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. 8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. 9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country. 10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

- Karl Marx Supporter of Socialism and communism. [/LEFT]
[SIZE=2][LEFT][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sounds like we have enough of the communist manifasto in our current government we dont need anymore. Obama is just that kinda guy to bring us even closer.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top