Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 PM

231 posts, read 157,001 times

Advertisements

Posted because I like to watch Republicans break their necks to defend blatant racism.

Michael James at DailyKos spotted several racist t-shirts targeting Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) being sold on the website Road Kill T-Shirts, which says that it sells “funny” shirts. Some of the designs featured a noose and Ku Klux Klan members chasing Obama:

http://i37.tinypic.com/s4yhrq.jpg

Website pulls down racist Obama t-shirts.» - Democratic Underground

Last edited by da jammer; 07-21-2008 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:19 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,971,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
Posted because I like to watch Republicans break their necks to defend blatant racism.

Michael James at DailyKos spotted several racist t-shirts targeting Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) being sold on the website Road Kill T-Shirts, which says that it sells “funny” shirts. Some of the designs featured a noose and Ku Klux Klan members chasing Obama:

http://i37.tinypic.com/s4yhrq.jpg

Website pulls down racist Obama t-shirts.» - Democratic Underground

Yeah yeah, because all republicans are racists, and all republicans love mccain, and all republicans want the rich to screw everyone over.

The shirts are terrible, the sentiment that a decent rational person would "break their neck" to defend them is almost as offensive.

Last edited by da jammer; 07-21-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,492,873 times
I don't think very many Republicans would find those shirts remotely funny in the least.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The shirts are terrible
That's where you should've stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I don't think very many Republicans would find those shirts remotely funny in the least.
Like they didn't find the Curious George shirt funny?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
That's where you should've stopped.
No, YOU should stop because its god damn offensive to be continually branded a racist because of a political party I support...one that has some serious short comings lately, but I take great offense at being called a racist, its a terrible thing to call someone, and Im sick of the stereotyping of all of these Democrats who think they are above everyone and who think that all Republicans are evil...to imply racism based on party is in parity with being a racist yourself...clearly with much less magnitude, but it is quite a similar thought process.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:42 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,940 times
Quote:
No, YOU should stop because its god damn offensive to be continually branded a racist because of a political party I support
If the Republican party is not a racist party then why do they constantly employ the "Southern Strategy?" This is a political strategy crafted by the Republicans so as to intentionally introduce racist undertones into political campaigns in order to win white votes.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
No, YOU should stop because its god damn offensive to be continually branded a racist because of a political party I support...
Then stop supporting your racist political party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
If the Republican party is not a racist party then why do they constantly employ the "Southern Strategy?" This is a political strategy crafted by the Republicans so as to intentionally introduce racist undertones into political campaigns in order to win white votes.
Oh, c'mon. They only call him Barry Hussein because that's his NAME, silly! Why are you being so SENSITIVE! People are too PC nowdays!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Then stop supporting your racist political party.
Its tough to reason with ignorance...enjoy your evening you racist.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 PM

Ditto.

Anybody else want to step up and go down swinging for the racist right?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:47 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Well, those shirts are offensive & I'm glad they pulled them....well, not in terms of free speech & all, but hey if Abercrombie or whatever company that was had to pull little girls panties, then yeah, this is just as offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections