U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 PM

881 posts, read 1,006,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Breaking news just announced on CNN--Ron Paul is one of several congressmen on a plane that was in an emergency situation and had to land in New Orleans. No injuries, apparently but a scary situation. I don't see any other media coverage on this yet, but it just happened and I presume more news is to come.

Thank god no injuries--wonder if this will be his chance to break into more media attention.
Why couldn't Obama have been in the plane!?! Or Ted Kennedy?? Jeremiah Wright?!? Or Louis Farrakhan? >_<

But if either one were indeed in the plane, we would have to hope the plane would have crashed!!!

That blows!!!

Ps. I am NOT a Paul supporter, but I am GLAD Paul is fine. Paul is a REAL American patriot.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 PM

9,047 posts, read 7,853,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I thought Ron Paul only traveled by stagecoach.
Actually, he's got a lot more money than you do. Maybe its because he rides around on stagecoach so much .

It's like the guy selling some product I forgot "how do you think I got so rich?"

Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 PM

2,654 posts, read 3,524,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Now, you tell me, what is wrong with the word "Negro"? And, yes, I will use it, given a chance. I could use other words, but why should I? To appease you? You make me smile.
Perhaps you should go up to some black people and use it and see how favorably they respond. Believe me, I know your prototype...Im sure you also talk about "if they have BET why cant they have WET??" and other boring arguments of that nature.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM

9,047 posts, read 7,853,340 times
Quote:
Of course, they're (MSM) are all out of country, holding the Magic Negro's hand!
How boringly South Park.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM

2,654 posts, read 3,524,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Why couldn't Obama have been in the plane!?! Or Ted Kennedy?? Jeremiah Wright?!? Or Louis Farrakhan? >_<

But if either one were indeed in the plane, we would have to hope the plane would have crashed!!!

That blows!!!

Ps. I am NOT a Paul supporter, but I am GLAD Paul is fine. Paul is a REAL American patriot.
What a slimey thing to say. If McCain died in a plane crash or otherwise I would find it sad. I dislike him as a politician but I do not have such disdain for him that I wish death upon him.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:52 PM

1,990 posts, read 1,853,334 times
Quote:
Taboo to who, you? Well, lesee here, there are three, count 'em, 3 main races: Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negroid. One is one of the three basically. So what, exactly, is your whine? And if you're gonna say something is "officially" taboo, PU or SU. K?
Oh god, there are more of you. Look, the word negro was once widely used by black intellectuals in referring to themselves, and was a perfectly acceptable word to use as a descriptor, until around the 1950s. Since then the word has fallen out of favor and the word 'black' or 'African-American' is more widely accepted.

I'm not trying to argue with you or your buddy why it is considered a racial slur, I'm merely stating that it is. I didn't create the word and designate it as a 'bad' word, it just became that way in the post-Civil Rights era. Most blacks see it as a derogatory word to use, that it what I'm letting you know. There's no argument.

And if you want to bring Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negroid out as evidence, please note that those are obsolete terms that are no longer used by anthropologists. That three race thing is archaic and abandoned. What are you going to cite next, phrenology?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,843,209 times
kidicarus89: First you call upon Jesus Christ, and then upon God. Is this too "deep" for an addled brain? I've never used negro or Negro as a racially insensitive word, but merely as what it is, an identifier. Phrenology, that's a good'un. I don't study skulls or bumps, although I do know what a Richard Skull really is.

nick is rulz: You don't know me from Adam's housecat, Lil Dude. "Prototype." Big word for a little person.

Y'all both easier than shooting fish in a barrel, ya know?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 PM

1,990 posts, read 1,853,334 times
Delta Planter, you offered absolutely no rebuttal whatsoever to my statement. You are relegated to the role of insignificance.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,843,209 times
Fine by me, kidicarus89. I don't have a need for your sophomoric attitude, anyway.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,224,613 times
Isn't there a United Negro College fund? What's the big deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.