Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times

Advertisements

You know the graceful thing would have been to admit you fudged up and move on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 09:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
You know the graceful thing would have been to admit you fudged up and move on....
Why? Obviously, they have very strong opinion of obama. I see nothing wrong with posting the article. Even without the fact that most Israeli's don't like The One.

Sounds like some in the government don't like what they have to say. But it appears they do have a following with some.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:39 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Who gives a rat's patooti what the Israelis think.

This is an American election.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Who gives a rat's patooti what the Israelis think.

This is an American election.
That's funny, considering your interest in what Europe thinks.

I don't know how many elections you have witnessed, but I must say the American electorate really doesn't give a rat's behind who Europe or any other country would like to see elected. You see, quite often that kind of "endorsement" is viewed as insulting and usually backfires (ask Kerry).

Of course, the obamatons think the world should have a say in our elections, they think obama having the love of Europe will somehow be a benefit to him. We shall see.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's funny, considering your interest in what Europe thinks.

I don't know how many elections you have witnessed, but I must say the American electorate really doesn't give a rat's behind who Europe or any other country would like to see elected. You see, quite often that kind of "endorsement" is viewed as insulting and usually backfires (ask Kerry).

Of course, the obamatons think the world should have a say in our elections, they think obama having the love of Europe will somehow be a benefit to him. We shall see.
He, he, knew you would like that one.

Well , the ignorant certainly share that viewpoint. Of course.... for those of us who relaize it would be beneficial to be able to continue to use military bases and airspace in Europe, have anybody tag along on our next coalition of the willing adventure, and not to mention the fact thet the EU is our main trading partner with whom we share the largest bilateral trade agreement in the entire world....for those peopls Europe's viewpoint does indeed hold some significiance.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
Sanrene's (and others like her) posts are showing more and more desperation every day aren't they, I suspect she will just disappear into thin air before long.....
Why should she disappear?

Why don't you disappear?

I see no problem with the info, come on, there is nothing more looney then some of the goofy wacko left links on this forum from airhead america and others.

Anyone who would admit watching Keith Oberman should check into a straight jacket ward to be lifelong detained because your a problem for our society who is only going to make our country worse.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
for those of us who relaize it would be beneficial to be able to continue to use military bases and airspace in Europe, have anybody tag along on our next coalition of the willing adventure, and not to mention the fact thet the EU is our main trading partner with whom we share the largest bilateral trade agreement in the entire world....
Has all the above miraculously ended?

I don't see us leaving our bases in Europe or being denied air space. Can you provide examples?

Are we going to stop trading with Europe? Any examples would be most helpful to understand how one can be so confused on US-European relationships.

Thanks.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
No lesson to learn. Israeli's don't like Obama.

McCain is winning — in Israel - Kenneth P. Vogel and Lisa Lerer - Politico.com

They acknowledge his terrorist associations.

These loons would rather give wartime enemy combatants at Gitmo our American rights then to support one of our allies only because they hate Obama and know him very well.

Is there more room at Gitmo for the liberals to live? Are they really on our side or not? I would say they are not? Send them to Gitmo with the others to be REFINED.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times
Sunshine Chick reminds me of a political version of the formerly married repressed gay man who suddenly finds himself and decides he needs to somersault out of the closet and be as FABULOUS as possible. I would have been very interested to read your posts as of a year ago.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Has all the above miraculously ended?

I don't see us leaving our bases in Europe or being denied air space. Can you provide examples?

Are we going to stop trading with Europe? Any examples would be most helpful to understand how one can be so confused on US-European relationships.

Thanks.
I would suggest European opinions of the US Presidency matter infinitely more than that of an Israeli nut job.

Which is the dubious premise of your thread.

Bush had our relations with European governments and people at the worst it has ever been. No, relations had not frosted to the point yet of being denied military privileges, thank goodness!

However, improved political relations can lead to more favorable and increased trade between us. (Their economies are doing very well.) Also a greater willingness to partake in any future global military engagements. For us to pooh pooh their perspective would be a grave mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections