U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,509,083 times

Advertisements

But I will look into this Arab thing, and report back immediately!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 12:49 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,227,113 times
By posting this garbage, you are outing yourself as a bigot and a racist. Congratulations.
YES i would vote for an Arab-American, by the way. And anyone with two brain cells to rub together would never discount a candidate because of his/her ethnic heritage.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:52 PM

3,033 posts, read 6,163,201 times
I'm not an Obama fan. But I'm not voting for his father so heritage has nothing to do with it anyway. Besides, what part of Arab-AMERICAN would disqualify someone from running for the White House top job? Should we have kept the Irish-American (Kennedy) out as well?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM

6 posts, read 6,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
By posting this garbage, you are outing yourself as a bigot and a racist. Congratulations.
YES i would vote for an Arab-American, by the way. And anyone with two brain cells to rub together would never discount a candidate because of his/her ethnic heritage.
Hey, the bigger issue is that Obama is lying about it.

If Obama was upfront about it and didn't alter official documents to cover up a lie, we might not care so much.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,923,127 times
I'm a hardcore Republican. I would not be voting for Obama if his Dad was from Nebraska. Nothing person....only political preference.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansandiego View Post
Hey, the bigger issue is that Obama is lying about it.

If Obama was upfront about it and didn't alter official documents to cover up a lie, we might not care so much.
WHat the hell are you talking about?!?! Has anyone asked him "Hey, Barack, is Kenya an Arab nation?" THis is the dumbest discussion I've ever heard.
Barack has said that his father was African. This is not a lie given the fact that Kenya is, and I know this may come as a shock, A COUNTRY IN AFRICA.
Good lord.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 PM

25,362 posts, read 33,215,404 times
If he/she was a liberal democrat whose views on the issues matched mine and I felt they were the best candidate, I see no reason not to vote for an Arab-American.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:27 PM

25,362 posts, read 33,215,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

"1/2 Arab and 1/2 White"

as far as Im concerned...it just adds to his hotness.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM

24,018 posts, read 20,664,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
WHat the hell are you talking about?!?! Has anyone asked him "Hey, Barack, is Kenya an Arab nation?" THis is the dumbest discussion I've ever heard.
Barack has said that his father was African. This is not a lie given the fact that Kenya is, and I know this may come as a shock, A COUNTRY IN AFRICA.
Good lord.
Yes, and the term "Arab" is, both in East Africa and other places, a cultural distinction, not a religious or racial one. A Kenyan who is identified as Arab is simply a person whose family follows a culture that is influenced by Islam and Arab culture. It has nothing to do with ethnic identity or racial identity, especially since Arabs come in all races. And it does not mean the person is a Muslim, just as Obama's mom may not necessarily be Christian just because her skin is white and her name of European origin. As well, Barack Obama's father is a black African person who may or may not have been identified in a Kenyan sense as Arab. That does not make him a Muslim, and that does not mean he is not a black African man.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yes, and the term "Arab" is, both in East Africa and other places, a cultural distinction, not a religious or racial one. A Kenyan who is identified as Arab is simply a person whose family follows a culture that is influenced by Islam and Arab culture. It has nothing to do with ethnic identity or racial identity, especially since Arabs come in all races. And it does not mean the person is a Muslim, just as Obama's mom may not necessarily be Christian just because her skin is white and her name of European origin. As well, Barack Obama's father is a black African person who may or may not have been identified in a Kenyan sense as Arab. That does not make him a Muslim, and that does not mean he is not a black African man.
Thank you for clarifying! JESUS its unbelievable the stuff these McCain-ites come up with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections