Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM

36 posts, read 24,370 times

Advertisements

Being very good and tuned into body language, facial expressions and other give aways, I really don't think these foreign leaders completely respect Obama. I thought I noticed this the other day with other leaders but watching Obama with the French president I am almost 100 percent he thinks Obama is a joke. He was laughing at times when Obama was talking and I think I know what he was thinking.

I actually think foreign leaders respect Bush more than they will admit. Bush has this bad a*s demeanor where he is in charge and you can see this when he is standing talking next to foreign leaders. One way you can tell is how the foreign leaders will actually mimic Bush's stance or those faicial expressions or the way he moves he arms when he talks. I have seen this over and over through the years when Bush is with foreign leaders and that is sign of respect. Bush is actually a bad a*s.

Universally, no man will respect another who kisses up to him and this is why I know foreign leaders laugh at Obama. A leader needs to stick by his positions and opinions or he is a joke. Obama is not manly enough. As crazy as that sounds, being that way is what is needed to be respected worldwide and Obama is a kiss up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
I think most other world leaders look at him as a tool.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
I think most other world leaders look at him as a tool.
I LOL'd +1

Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Its almost midnight on a Friday night and you're on here talking about your observations of body language. At least I have the "I work in six hours" defense on my side

Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Obama speech draws praise from chancellor's office

July 25, 2008 - 8:03am

BERLIN (AP) - Barack Obama's speech to a huge Berlin crowd sent a"positive signal" to Europe, German Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman said Friday, praising the Democratic presidential candidate's focus on working with U.S. partners"

Old 07-26-2008, 05:14 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Default Bad a*s, my a*s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidanriver View Post
Bush has this bad a*s demeanor where he is in charge and you can see this when he is standing talking next to foreign leaders...Bush is actually a bad a*s.
There are many phrases I would use to describe Bush...'bad a**' is not one of them.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:33 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Being very good and tuned into body language, facial expressions and other give aways, I really don't think these foreign leaders completely respect Obama. I thought I noticed this the other day with other leaders but watching Obama with the French president I am almost 100 percent he thinks Obama is a joke. He was laughing at times when Obama was talking and I think I know what he was thinking.

I actually think foreign leaders respect Bush more than they will admit. Bush has this bad a*s demeanor where he is in charge and you can see this when he is standing talking next to foreign leaders. One way you can tell is how the foreign leaders will actually mimic Bush's stance or those faicial expressions or the way he moves he arms when he talks. I have seen this over and over through the years when Bush is with foreign leaders and that is sign of respect. Bush is actually a bad a*s.

Universally, no man will respect another who kisses up to him and this is why I know foreign leaders laugh at Obama. A leader needs to stick by his positions and opinions or he is a joke. Obama is not manly enough. As crazy as that sounds, being that way is what is needed to be respected worldwide and Obama is a kiss up.
I guess you are so right. Europeans aren't buying this stardom b.s. They had a great time making fun of Clinton and his affair and don't care about how nice looking or all this non sense. They want to feel it in their pocket or otherwise see what the person is doing not just empty hope. Of course most people wanted to see what it was all about and the 200.000 were there for the beer festival...really I don't think that they came for Obama if there wasn't the beer festival. Europeans are very much on their money and not having as much debt as Americans have (of course some have but not as many as over her, just different way of being raised and different bank system with no credit score system...no debt makes you look better to obtain a mortgage than having a little debt). So wasting time and gas to hear Obama for such a short time...no way I can believe they were there for him, just as they weren't here for Obama in that stadium...there was a pop concert going on and Obama just held a speech during the break, but the media is not telling us that...that would be fair and balanced and they rather keep telling us how great Obama is...why is he not having a huge advantage on McCain if it was as they describe?
In todays ecoomy Obama should have had an easy run, but it seems more and more are getting annoyed with this nobody who hasn't proven much and didn't even go to visit the troops in Germany , because the media wasn't allowed to go with him, what kind of a president would this be...he acts like the royal families we have in Europe that cost so much and is wasting so much money.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:07 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080725/capt.42cc74462ffe477c9673031ac8319e52.ap[domain blocked due to spam]_fran ce_obama_2008_dlm109.jpg?x=392&y=345&sig=yItmQuwtU SK20dhgNW5RRA-- (broken link)

He certainly looks very excited standing next to Obama.

Ben Smith's Blog: Political News about Democrats and the 2008 Election - Politico.com

Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
ya, bush is SOOOO respected because of his cowboy stance

OOOHHHHH all those leaders of countries being impressed with that smarmy smirk, total lack of intelligence, and, of course his GROPING of Merkel! Boy! That showed THAT woman who was boss! ....I think Germans remember that and will admire and respect someone who RESPECTS THEM!!!

I SEE leaders delighted in having someone with an amazing intellect, who can speak for himself without Rovey's hand stuck up his arse to help him talk.

All these 'seers" here who can TELL by body language exactly what they want to think

Tell me oh wise ones...what are the winning lottery numbers?????

Old 07-26-2008, 07:00 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Obama speech draws praise from chancellor's office

July 25, 2008 - 8:03am

BERLIN (AP) - Barack Obama's speech to a huge Berlin crowd sent a"positive signal" to Europe, German Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman said Friday, praising the Democratic presidential candidate's focus on working with U.S. partners"

Yea, well, BO didn't try to give Merkel a freaking massage! She's probably happy to have a guy who she won't have to worry about unauthorized touching. Seriously, what a misogynistic fart move.

But this from the OP made coffee shoot out of my nose:

Quote:
Bush is actually a bad a*s.
OMoses looked pretty badbutt in those shades on the helicopter with Petraus and Hagel, that was venturing into Sam Jackson country ... Bush a bad@ss?? I'd have to ask Laura how bad his @ss is, but that fake windshield cowboy stagger that he has perfected ... and how bada@@ is it when his eyes cross when he can't answer a question? I've never seen a guy who has successfully faked his entire life. God, what I wouldn't give to be this guy, having people prop you up and hurl you back after you fail at every single endeavor attempted? Bada@@ ... my A@@.

Think about it, for these world leaders who met MessiahO, this was a fun playdate for them. They didn't have to ask for anything, they can't vote in our election. I would have jumped at the chance to merrygoround with him for a few hours ... IT WOULD GET ME OUT OF WORKING FOR THE COUNTRY for a little while!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections