Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,550,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidanriver View Post
It's a matter of trust. Obama has ruined himself with his comments, his friends, his actions. It's amazing people actually think American's will put Obama in office at this point. The election outcome is all so predictable.

Why aren't Republicans registering to vote in record numbers? Why are Republicans losing legislative seats in historical strongholds? How has the Republican Presumptive Nominee managed to single-handedly lose the support of the historically stable Hispanic vote across every Demographic?

I hate to be the first to tell you - The GOP destroyed Americans trust in the GOP before Senator Obama ever tossed his hat into the campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,815,927 times
Quote:
How has the Republican Presumptive Nominee managed to single-handedly lose the support of the historically stable Hispanic vote across every Demographic?
What do you mean here? Bush, I believe got about 40% of the hispanic vote. McCain has 30-something. Just because a poll says it doesn't make it true. There's plenty of time to improve on those numbers.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 PM

36 posts, read 24,200 times
you can not have a wife that said what obama's did. you can not have a friend you went to church with for 20 years who said "god d*m america (come on people wake up) You can not make comments about middle Americans and their guns. Could go on and on and still stay politically correct. It's so obvious he will not get elected it's comical.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,740 times
Quote:
you can not have a wife that said what obama's did. you can not have a friend you went to church with for 20 years who said "god d*m america (come on people wake up) You can not make comments about middle Americans and their guns. Could go on and on and still stay politically correct. It's so obvious he will not get elected it's comical.
I see you've been watching and listening to too much Sean Hannity.LOL

Old 07-25-2008, 09:19 PM

36 posts, read 24,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I see you've been watching and listening to too much Sean Hannity.LOL
Just using common sense. I know how America thinks.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,403,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What do you mean here? Bush, I believe got about 40% of the hispanic vote. McCain has 30-something. Just because a poll says it doesn't make it true. There's plenty of time to improve on those numbers.

Not according to a Pew Hispanic Center Survey: Obama-66% McCain-23%

Quote:
Latino voters have moved sharply into the Democratic camp in the past two years, reversing a pro-GOP tide that had been evident among Latinos earlier in the decade. Some 65% of Latino registered voters now say they identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, compared with just 26% who identify with or lean toward the GOP. This 39 percentage point Democratic Party identification edge is larger than it has been at any time this decade; as recently as 2006, the partisan gap was just 21 percentage points.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:27 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,522,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Why aren't Republicans registering to vote in record numbers? Why are Republicans losing legislative seats in historical strongholds? How has the Republican Presumptive Nominee managed to single-handedly lose the support of the historically stable Hispanic vote across every Demographic?

I hate to be the first to tell you - The GOP destroyed Americans trust in the GOP before Senator Obama ever tossed his hat into the campaign.
Do you really think the people in America would vote for just anyone rather than a Republican. That is a scary thought. Going from the frying pan into the fire will only make things worse.

I just received an e-mail that was so awful, I wouldn't even pass it on. It was quoting Obama from the things he has said in his books. It clearly showed him to be a racist by what he has written, not because of something his pastor said.

When I heard his wife speak the first time, I asked myself, "Why would any white person vote for someone who is only interested in one race in this country." We need a president that is of all people, by all people, and for all people, not just black people. While I am for equality for everybody, I don't plan to shoot myself in the foot by voting for Obama. I think he is anti-American. I don't think I would like the change he would give. I hope he does not win, but it is scary to hear someone say what you just said. If you think it can't get worse; you are wrong. I have no doubt that with Obama as president, it would get worse!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,921,372 times
Quote:
Just using common sense. I know how America thinks.
With all due respect is that the America of today or the America of yesterday?
Is that based on surveys, polls, extensive travel etc?
Does it reflect all of the diversity of the America of 2008?

These same things were said during the primary and I think Bill Clinton was very eloquent in his statement of similar.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
With all due respect is that the America of today or the America of yesterday?
Is that based on surveys, polls, extensive travel etc?
Does it reflect all of the diversity of the America of 2008?

These same things were said during the primary and I think Bill Clinton was very eloquent in his statement of similar.
He is the "real american", the rest of us who support Obama are just fakes.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Do you really think the people in America would vote for just anyone rather than a Republican. That is a scary thought. Going from the frying pan into the fire will only make things worse.

I just received an e-mail that was so awful, I wouldn't even pass it on. It was quoting Obama from the things he has said in his books. It clearly showed him to be a racist by what he has written, not because of something his pastor said.

When I heard his wife speak the first time, I asked myself, "Why would any white person vote for someone who is only interested in one race in this country." We need a president that is of all people, by all people, and for all people, not just black people. While I am for equality for everybody, I don't plan to shoot myself in the foot by voting for Obama. I think he is anti-American. I don't think I would like the change he would give. I hope he does not win, but it is scary to hear someone say what you just said. If you think it can't get worse; you are wrong. I have no doubt that with Obama as president, it would get worse!
Really? Is that why you are Helm's biggest fan? I can't comprehend how you think jesse helms is a patriot but Obama is a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections