Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:04 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times

Advertisements

On the heels of Obama's successful trip comes a new Rasmussen poll saying that 52% of Americans feel bringing the troops home from Iraq is more important than winning the war. Only 38% think winning is more important.

Throw that in with the fact that 66% think a President Obama is at least somewhat likely to bring the troops home in four years, but only 34% think that is likely if McCain is elected, and you have good news for Obama, bad news for the war happy McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 10:07 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,844,917 times
that's because you can't win a war with a tactic. we have no enemy over there. we're chasing ghosts and doing the jobs of a policeman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
On the heels of Obama's successful trip comes a new Rasmussen poll saying that 52% of Americans feel bringing the troops home from Iraq is more important than winning the war. Only 38% think winning is more important.

Throw that in with the fact that 66% think a President Obama is at least somewhat likely to bring the troops home in four years, but only 34% think that is likely if McCain is elected, and you have good news for Obama, bad news for the war happy McCain

Old 07-26-2008, 10:41 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,336 times
Your only problem is McCain wants and will bring the troops home and has lead the fight to our victory.

Obama voted against the funds and the surge and was of course on the wrong side of right.

Your information is incorrect, most Americans want out troops home only when it is the right time to bring them home. Obama and his followers want them home tomorrow so we will have to go back in January.

McCain will bring them home once he is President and he doesnt break promises and lie like Barry does.

So, does Obama want to win or lose?

Successful trip, don't think so, it should us all that he was on the wrong side of this issue.

McCain was dead on right with the entire issue and gets ALL the credit for seeing that success was coming. He will make a wonderful Commander!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Your information is incorrect, most Americans want out troops home only when it is the right time to bring them home.

My information is incorrect? Well here's my link saying otherwise:

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Not where's yours? I'm waiting.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:54 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Quote:

McCain has made it clear. It is not what the American people want or what Maliki wants it is what he is about. Thus McCain needs the war for that is what he is about.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 PM

The next 72 hours will be interesting to see if the answers McCain gave Wolf Blitzer about a withdrawal provoke a response directly or indirectly from Maliki.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
My information is incorrect? Well here's my link saying otherwise:

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Not where's yours? I'm waiting.
Funny not too long ago you said you didnt believe in polls. Now since it is showing somehting you like they are the greatest thing on earth.

I post post links for you, the last time I did you and a few of your Obamatrons said they were not from good sources, so I dont give you the pleasure anymore. Fine your own links.

So are you in favor of bringing our troops home and losing everything we worked for? Then have to go back and start all over again.

If so, that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

For me it what the commander on the ground say, not you, not I and not anyone else. Dont forget your boy wonderdog Hussein Obama said he would refine his position on Iraq once he speaks to the commanders on the ground, so now that line of crap he spit out means nothing to you? And to think I believed he was your hero!!

Only a stupid American would want out troops home before its time to bring them home.

I know the demo commi rats in America want them home because we are smelling a huge victory for the republican party and the war and you all cannnot stand it.

Lets face it, Obama and his band of idiots got this all wrong. Thats a fact!

Old 07-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Funny not too long ago you said you didnt believe in polls.

You are incorrect once again, you've got me confused with someone else, I always post polls. However, I will give you a chance to redeem yourself, in fact I challenge you to find even one post of mine in which I say I don't believe in polls.

BTW, your failure to post links is most telling. Failure to back up claims with evidence (even from a RW site) automatically reveals the charges themselves to be of a fraudulent nature.

When you make a claim or start a thread the onus is on you to provide the links..it's simple forum etiquette.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:58 PM

I have reading over the various polls and found that you only posted part of the information.

Americans want our troops home within a year or when it safe to bring them home. With the success of the surge most of us want them home but what many dems want is they want them home without even having the guts to state we have done our job and when the time it right bring them home.

I know dems dont care about the troops, heck the troops even know that, so stop acting like you care for them, all you want is for this to blow up in our face and for us to lose.

Sorry, but you are not getting what you want, the commanders on the ground will be making that choice, not some democratic looney toon sitting at a desk with an Obama tattoo!

So the surge worked and is still working and McCain has already said he will begin troop withdrawls, what more do you want?

President McCain will do the right thing, the other guy isnt even liked by the troops and dont want him as Commander.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I have reading over the various polls and found that you only posted part of the information.

Americans want our troops home within a year or when it safe to bring them home. With the success of the surge most of us want them home but what many dems want is they want them home without even having the guts to state we have done our job and when the time it right bring them home.

I know dems dont care about the troops, heck the troops even know that, so stop acting like you care for them, all you want is for this to blow up in our face and for us to lose.

Sorry, but you are not getting what you want, the commanders on the ground will be making that choice, not some democratic looney toon sitting at a desk with an Obama tattoo!

So the surge worked and is still working and McCain has already said he will begin troop withdrawls, what more do you want?

President McCain will do the right thing, the other guy isnt even liked by the troops and dont want him as Commander.

What role does the Iraqi government play in the decision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections