Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:43 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times

Advertisements

Wow, the Obama's got a nice fat 40,000.00 tax refund check, did you?

They even wrote of thousands of dollars for child care for their kids, did you get to do that?

When he tells us he is one of us, how can he be when he gets a refund of 40,000.00 and made 4.2 million last year?

He has no clue does he?

His 40,000.00 check is double what most people make WORKING an entire year.

Obama is out of touch with the working class in America.

His tax records are another look see into the life of Barrack and Michelle Obama, and it isn't a pretty site either. Talk about loopholes. Wow!

Want to see his real estate deals, take a look at his tax returns.

Did any of you get a 40,000.00 tax refund?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 10:46 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Refunds are meaningless.

It depends 100% on how much you withhold for the year, how much interest you pay on housing, etc.

That refund is less than 1% of the total income reported.

Are you deducting your mortgage interest? Are you taking your child credit? Are you writing off child care?

You have just as much a right to as any other American, including Obama.

The last year I got a refund (with careful tax planning, I no longer do), I got $2500 on a $100k income. 2.5%, so higher than the Obama's. Not that it matters, it all depends on how much tax you pay on income during the year and if you under or over-shoot it.

The Obama's actually gave the Government a $40k interest free loan!

Old 07-27-2008, 10:46 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
This thread is worthless without links or sources.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:47 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
No link, no source, no credibility.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 AM

The obamatrolls are out in force.

His tax refund is public information, easy to find.

Find your own links to his taxes.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:53 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
Cindy McCain and the McCain children are the beneficiaries of a beer distributing fortune amassed by her parents and estimated to be worth $100 million or more. Though the McCains maintain separate finances, Cindy McCain’s family fortune has boosted her husband’s political career at critical junctures, helping to fund his inaugural 1982 run for Congress and helping to subsidize his current presidential campaign when it all but went broke last year. In recent years, a Politico analysis found, the McCain family appears to have tapped its fortune liberally.

While Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control made as much as $29 million — and likely substantially more — from her family’s business interests from 2004 through last year, data from the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Senate, the U.S.Office of Government Ethics and the Center for Responsive Politics also reveals that they spent $11 million purchasing five condominiums for the family, hired additional household help and racked up progressively larger credit card bills almost every year.
Cindy’s fortune: An asset and a liability - Kenneth P. Vogel - Politico.com

What's your point? That he's wealthy? Yeah its true, but he didn't have to divorce his wife to become wealthy, he made all of that himself. He didn't have his rich parents to rely on.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:54 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
The obamatrolls are out in force.

His tax refund is public information, easy to find.

Find your own links to his taxes.

It's simple forum etiquette, as the thread starter the onus is on you to provide the links. Your continued failure to do so brings into question everything you post.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Refunds are meaningless.

It depends 100% on how much you withhold for the year, how much interest you pay on housing, etc.

That refund is less than 1% of the total income reported.

Are you deducting your mortgage interest? Are you taking your child credit? Are you writing off child care?

You have just as much a right to as any other American, including Obama.

The last year I got a refund (with careful tax planning, I no longer do), I got $2500 on a $100k income. 2.5%, so higher than the Obama's. Not that it matters, it all depends on how much tax you pay on income during the year and if you under or over-shoot it.

The Obama's actually gave the Government a $40k interest free loan!
Wow, now that is what I call an economic genius that Obama. Letting someone take 40,000 of your money and use it for a year.

I sure wouldnt want him as President when he made such a stupid mistake of allowing our government to keep his money for 1 year. I knew he was not very keen on how to handle money.

What stupid person other then Obama would overpay the government 40,000.00 and not catch it. Proves he is not very Presidential at all.

And to think people say he is financially fit. NOT !!

Old 07-27-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
It's simple forum etiquette, as the thread starter the onus is on you to provide the links. Your continued failure to do so brings into question everything you post.

One more time, I could care less what you think!!

And since when did you ever have any etiquette or even know what it means?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Wow, now that is what I call an economic genius that Obama. Letting someone take 40,000 of your money and use it for a year.
This statement proves that you are clueless when it comes to how our nation's income tax system works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections