Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Bayh/Obama....that's right folks...get your fresh Obama!

Bayh/Obama....lol

Sorry...just popped in
LOL, hey fresh Obama beats stale McCain any old day. I'll take a dozen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 02:16 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Obama/Kaine
sounds like a drug

obamakaine

Old 07-28-2008, 04:55 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
sounds like a drug

obamakaine
LOL! Wonder if the campaign slogan would be "Get high on obama/kaine"

Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
other then her core feminist supporters, how much support is there for Hillary within the party at this point? Is there reason to believe a legitimate swell of support exists for her?

Old 07-28-2008, 05:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Or--for a surprise twist--how about Obama/Kennedy. As in Caroline.
Caroline Kennedy as Obama's VP. Well, now that would be perfect.

Just when I thought this empty suit couldn't get more empty. All style and no substance has been elevated to a new high in this country.

Perfect. I really do think you have figured out his perfect running mate. Well, actually John Kennedy, Jr. would have been perfect, but Caroline is close.

If somebody had told me 4 years ago a guy would be running this kind of a campaign with his little flimsy resume, media/marketing/pop culture/racist campaign I would have told them they were crazy.

This is just the most entertaining thing I've witnessed in my entire life. Gets wierder and wierder.

Now he's even taking credit for how well Iraq is doing.

Anybody remember that old Gore Vidal book Kalki? I'm going to re-read it. I keep thinking about it every time I see Barry in front of adoring crowd. Check it out, it's a pretty interesting book.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:14 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Of course Obama needs are very good VP, since he has no judgment skills and no experience. So his VP needs judgments skills and a lot of experience and than has to wait until Obama throws him under the bus.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
other then her core feminist supporters, how much support is there for Hillary within the party at this point? Is there reason to believe a legitimate swell of support exists for her?
There is alot of support for her just as evidenced by the primaries in which they never wanted hwer to stop before the convention. Obama has a problem in that he never was able to pull away and he had to rely too much on caucus sates and super delegates rather tahn win outright. That is always a negative. That is probably why he does nt have much of a lead in polls whereas Kerry and gore had huge leads at this point.Going into the general elction will be nothing like the primaries where the otehr canddiate will not want to hurt the party in bring up stuff abou the other candidate.In fact now days the 603's bring up all the dirt.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Obama HAS to suck up to Hillary as much as possible, in order to placate her supporters. It gives the illusion that he is considering her. It would be thouroughly unrealistic and quite foolish for Obama to rule her out in public interviews, since that will further enrage Hillary Democrats.

But to be honest, Obama won't choose her and I doubt she is even being vetted. She violates 2 golden rules about vice presidential candidates: 1. A VP must not upstage the top of the ticket and 2. "Do No Harm".

That means a VP with minimal amount of baggage, which Hillary brings a mountainful.

So, Tuborg, who do you WANT as Obama's VP, and who do you THINK will be Obama's VP?

do you think we Hillary supporters are fooled by Obama?
fat chance, we see him for what he is
a dork.

Democrats against Obama.com

Old 07-28-2008, 06:17 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I suppose we'll find out the first week in August. Either someone from City-Data will come back and tell us how the conference went, or, we will know from the massive press coverage. Millions of folks clamoring for 250 tickets should be quite a media event, and I can't wait to see and post the pictures.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
There is alot of support for her just as evidenced by the primaries in which they never wanted hwer to stop before the convention. Obama has a problem in that he never was able to pull away and he had to rely too much on caucus sates and super delegates rather tahn win outright. That is always a negative. That is probably why he does nt have much of a lead in polls whereas Kerry and gore had huge leads at this point.Going into the general elction will be nothing like the primaries where the otehr canddiate will not want to hurt the party in bring up stuff abou the other candidate.In fact now days the 603's bring up all the dirt.
Here we go with the nightly misinformation debunking. Let the independent reader ponder the attached and decide for themselves the veracity of the claim that kerry had such big leads and Obama doesn't. You may want to bookmark it as it is a typical Republican myth that surfaces frequently in here.
RealClear Politics - Polls

/2 47% 47% 1% TIE
CBS News (991 RV) 7/31-8/1 43% 48% 3% Kerry +5
CNN/Gallup/USAT (LV) 7/30-8/1 51% 45% 2% Bush +6
ABC News/WP (LV) 7/30-8/1 47% 49% 2% Kerry +2
ARG (776 RV) 7/30-8/1 45% 49% 2% Kerry +4
Newsweek (1,010 RV) 7/29-7/30 42% 49% 3% Kerry +7

ABC News/WP (909 RV) 7/22-7/25 48% 46% 3% Bush +2

IBD/TIPP (883 RV) 7/19-7/24

This is a RCP summary of the various polls during the comparable time period in 2004. Very similar to this year and doesn't indicate the claimed big Kerry lead.

In fact the biggest lead Kerry ever has as indicated in the supplied link is 8% and that was NBC on July 6 2004. Once again does the right really think the independent voters are so stupid that they give you misinformation daily?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections