Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times

Advertisements

mccain is old. no question about it. obama is a smoker with a history of drug abuse, no winner here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I've obviously not read every post shes made but I can say I've never seen her post something that was blatant, without a doubt racist. Its not like she went Cosmo Krammer on anyone. I have seen instances where some blatant racism was posted and it was deleted by the mods pretty quickly along with the poster being banned.

There is a fine line between whats accepted and whats not on most websites. Some people are just darn good and toeing that line and not crossing it.

I certainly haven't read every SC post, and I think it is important that the discussion not be so much about a specific user as it is about a set of behaviors.

I fully agree with your statements that "There is a fine line between whats accepted and whats not on most websites. Some people are just darn good and toeing that line and not crossing it." In fact, that is part of what I see here that I believe qualifies as trolling. Behavior which incites and provokes others for the sole purpose of creating discord. Isn't that what flaming is all about? And a person who repeatedly provokes flame wars is a troll.

Definition of flame war:
Urban Dictionary: flame war

Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,376 times
Back to the subject of the thread:
Frail and unhealthy Obama goes to the doctor

Obama's health should be an issue and so should John McCain's.

It appears that McCain has had a variety of problems that are under control with theraphy and medication.

Obama has not had regular yearly complete physicals as advised by his doctor.

He is age 46. His mother died at age 52 of Cancer.

Obama is a regular smoker who consumes about a pack of Newport cigarettes every day. He admits that he has smoked since high school and has been unable to quit. he says that he does not eat healthy meals, especially while campaigning.

There are 7 risk factors that Doctors always look for in adult men. Having 3 or more of these makes the subject a candidate for a number of diseases

Obama has:
1. Smoking
2. Stress
3. unhealthy diet

The remaining 4 Risks are:
4. The subject is noticeably overweight---Obama is under weight for his height.
5. The subject gets little or no physical exercise---Obama exercises
6. The subject has hypertension---Obama's blood pressure is normal
7. The subject has Diabetes or a pre-diabetic condition --no report in Obama's file

Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Gonna have to agree with her. I think its hilarious that she gets some of you so wound up you have to start with the troll business and whining to the mods. If you don't like what she has to say, put her on ignore or simply pass over her posts. Nobody is forcing you to read her posts.
The point is that this is a moderated forum. I've been to unmoderated sites where trolls absolutely destroy any attempts at normal conversation. They literally take over and kill the site. All that's left is bickering; everyone else just gives up and goes away. I LIKE the fact that this is a moderated forum, and I'd hate to see it degenerate into the chaos that reigns on so many other outlets on the Web.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 PM

There is no evidence that Obama is frail and unhealthy. The topic of this thread is moot.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:13 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
So you are saying posting explicitly racist comments is ok and if I don't like it I should not participate in this public forum? I am offended by racism. I am not offended by "off-color" comments. Do you see a distinction between the two?
Trying to talk to Snake01 about posting racially offensive comments is pointless. I guess for him internet forums are a place to vent repressed racist feelings.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:16 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,275 times
And here's a strange, short list of presidential smoking habits. I don't know why anyone bothered to collect this info in table form, but what the heck?

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/o_SMOKE.html

Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
The point is that this is a moderated forum. I've been to unmoderated sites where trolls absolutely destroy any attempts at normal conversation. They literally take over and kill the site. All that's left is bickering; everyone else just gives up and goes away. I LIKE the fact that this is a moderated forum, and I'd hate to see it degenerate into the chaos that reigns on so many other outlets on the Web.
I agree 100%. My intro to CDF has been via the Idaho Forum. The Idaho Forum is moderated by an exemplary mod. But then, it is a less heavily trafficked forum, and given the volume of threads and posts in this part of CDF it is difficult to imagine one person being able to actively and thouroughly moderate every post. That is where users need to be educated and exercise restraint as well as stand up for the integrity of the forum when there is clearly an issue.

I was a new user on another board where trolls were out of hand and were also very skilled and discreet. That board lost me, I just won't go back. I encouraged the mod to have a look at the CDF Idaho Forum to see what a moderated forum looked like.

Clearly at this point this discussion should move into it's own thread as it is totally off-topic.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
There is no evidence that Obama is frail and unhealthy. The topic of this thread is moot.
Then why are you still moderating the thread?

Obama is frail, come one how many 46 year olds take one 3 pt shot and end up at the doctor from it.

Obamas genes have a host of health issues.

Guess if he was so darn healthy he would have released his last total physical exam instead of a one page line of crap from his persona doctor.

Smoking causes memory lapses and he sure has then all the time.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Then why are you still moderating the thread?

Obama is frail, come one how many 46 year olds take one 3 pt shot and end up at the doctor from it.

Obamas genes have a host of health issues.

Guess if he was so darn healthy he would have released his last total physical exam instead of a one page line of crap from his persona doctor.

Smoking causes memory lapses and he sure has then all the time.
Have you considered just not voting for Obama and calling it a day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections