Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:20 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I don't have a college degree, and I make over that... but that's besides the point.

If I HAD such an option, I probably would have been able to GET a degree! I was not able to go to college due to financial considerations in my family. I can only hope they offer such options as these for children to be able to better themselves regardless of family wealth.

They are not getting CASH, it is a tax tuition credit. You have a problem with community service in exchange for tuition credits? Seriously? Do you think people serving in the military shouldn't get tuition credit either?

That money is just thought up.....it comes from somewhere.....in privates schools it's donation....public school it's taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It won't double... over $100k a year will not see a tax increase. Over $600k a year will.

Keep thinking that....

How is the army paid for now? The UHC proposed is a different plan from what they use in Europe, and McCain is also pushing for a form of UHC.

The army is paid for now by us....the point is can we afford another military (civilian and equal in size) or does this mean dismantling our current militarty and making up the funds there.

Are you talking about the Global Poverty Act? 1% of GDP?
What other social service programs, specifically, are you talking about?

I'm not point out all of the BS...look your own candidtaes numbers up at barackobama.com

What are you talking about here? Please provide a reference.

Very mature. Now Obama is a crack smoker?

Well besides the tabloids you miss my poor analogy.....in the tabloids yes he is....I prefer not to go by those.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I really dont think anyone is going to dare try to raise taxes in this volatile economic and political climate.

I think many of Obama's plans made in 2006 and 2007 will be deferred for a while, maybe all four years.

But he is busy these days, responsibly learning from the experts. He's getting a clear picture of the present situation, the near and long term future scenarios and likelihoods.

And he cares enough to learn and he's smart enough to plan from there.
Wait till he get to see the classified stuff.....You will see a look similar to the look on Bush's face when reading to the children on 9/11

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Wait till he get to see the classified stuff.....You will see a look similar to the look on Bush's face when reading to the children on 9/11
! I know!!!

funny/sad/true comparison

Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM

509 posts, read 691,572 times
Quote:
Lies....more truth next time?

"Always on the edge of flunking out, McCain finished fifth from last in his class. Poindexter—the future national-security adviser—finished first. After graduation, McCain went out of his way to choose a naval career that was as different from his father's as imaginable. "Actually," he says, "I wanted to be a navy pilot, because I thought it was a pretty exciting life. I wasn't interested in being on a destroyer or a battleship or a submarine. I thought being a navy pilot would be a lot of fun. But that was the extent of my ambitions. It was not to reach higher rank or to advance up the ladder. I just thought it would be a great life, and it turned out indeed it was."
"

Since then his record is impeccable. Howd you do in school and did you become valedictorian and graduate top of your class.....if not why aren't you president?

Not comparing him to Albert Einstein but you do knw he dropped out of school intelligence comes in different forms...not just academics.

well,
He did not drop out he almost flunk out.

Also his record since then is not impeccable.
He was involved with the Savings & Loans debacle.
He was one of the "KEATING FIVE". of the five
Glenn and McCain: were cleared of impropriety but criticized for poor judgment.
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Judgement goes t McCain core issue. I think this occured a long time ago, and nothing since has appeared.
But You took the thread there

Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Enough about who has and who hasn't. The facts:
The facts are that Obama is a young, brilliant, energetic guy with a lot of vision and charisma who wants to get America out of the ditch that Bush drove us into.

The facts are that McCain seems to think Bush is a good driver.

Look, I like McCain and wanted to see him as president 8 years ago. It didn't work out and now we're all paying for the 8 years of Bush/Cheney gross mismanagement.

But the fact is that McCain is sadly out of his depth vs Obama. He reminds me a lot of Bob Dole running in 1996. A respected war hero who's over the hill and overmatched. I hope McCain continues to represent the interests of Arizona in the senate for many more years.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:27 PM

The facts in the OP will make up the minds of most people. They won't even need to comments because there really is not one....unless your paid by the "My name is Barrack Obama and I endorse this commercial" folks.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
The facts in the OP will make up the minds of most people. They won't even need to comments because there really is not one....unless your paid by the "My name is Barrack Obama and I endorse this commercial" folks.

You sound sour. Very sour. Why do you hate Obama?

Old 07-30-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
You sound sour. Very sour. Why do you hate Obama?

I don't hate either one....l

I'm libertarian registered...every year our party affliation is thrown off ballots because of the fear we will change the standard two parties outcomes......

I thought we were in a completely free society....anyways...

So now I must choose the lessor of two evils.....Obama far out weighing.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I don't hate either one....l

I'm libertarian registered...every year our party affliation is thrown off ballots because of the fear we will change the standard two parties outcomes......

I thought we were in a completely free society....anyways...

So now I must choose the lessor of two evils.....Obama far out weighing.
I voted Libertarian in 2004. But I doubt that I'll do that ever again. They seem more like some sort of club that uses politics as a hobby. They aren't a serious political party.

I do like Obama in this election, though. I've never voted for a Democrat, but this guy seems like he brings something to the job that most experienced candidates have lost: a connection to people, not special interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections