U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,686,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Make all unions civil unions.

Marriage is religious union of a man and woman in the presence of God. The notion of a man marrying another man or a woman marrying another woman is just plain silly.
It needs to be banned and forbidden. Should be unlawful.

I do not care what they do behind closed doors but I do not want to see this crap in my public space.

No unions, nothing. Why in hell should two men get benefits from each other or two women get them?

OP- Many people wont vote for Obama because he believes in gay marriage and the rights with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,565,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I do not care what they do behind closed doors but I do not want to see this crap in my public space.

No unions, nothing. Why in hell should two men get benefits from each other or two women get them?
It's incorrect that Obama believes in gay marriage. In fact I'm pretty convinced he's anti on the issue.

And so long as we have to put up with straight people doing their crap in public don't preach about the crap gays do in public when gays are often much more tentative about their relationship being known in public.

Why the hell shouldn't we get the same benefits at least tax wise? Gays pay the same taxes as you, often more because we don't get any of those nifty little married tax breaks. The American government will pay for its employees to ship their pets overseas when they take an out of country posting but it won't pay for another human being in the form of a partner to be flown over? What utter tripe.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM

14,724 posts, read 16,434,182 times
Quote:
And next we can forbid fat people from marrying, and sterile people.

Oh yeah, old people too. That's just GROSS thinking about old/fat/or sterile people sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998
The operative phrase is "public space," and by virtue of it being "public space," it is, by definition, not YOUR "public space." It's EVERYONE'S public space.

Quote:
Why not?

I say, if you're not going to afford gay people the same rights to marry or unionize, then gay people should be exempt from taxes.

Quote:
OP- Many people wont vote for Obama because he believes in gay marriage and the rights with it.
Again, Obama doesn't support gay marriage. He ingratiated himself in a culture that is notoriously homophobic. We can't expect him to go against his own prejudices whilst simultaneously expecting others to overcome theirs and vote for him, now can we?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 PM

3,161 posts, read 4,631,183 times
Quote:

I think you do care. I think that you're scared to death of any notion that it might make you "that way". I'm happily married with 4 kids and it doesn't bother me or my husband in the least. You know why? Because we don't preoccupy our thoughts of what goes on behind closed doors in homosexual households. I'm secure.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,030,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I think you do care. I think that you're scared to death of any notion that it might make you "that way". I'm happily married with 4 kids and it doesn't bother me or my husband in the least. You know why? Because we don't preoccupy our thoughts of what goes on behind closed doors in homosexual households. I'm secure.
No one becomes "that way" and I highly doubt smd is worried about that. I agree with smd1998. It bothers me that people are like that, but it's none of my business. Just don't stuff it down my throat and make marriage between same sex legal so I see it on national TV. That is just sickening.

It sounds like little like you might be trying to convince yourself of your security. As they say, many people have "***" feelings. Read the Primal Scream.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 PM

Comparing old and/or fat people to homosexuals is just ludicrous.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
No one becomes "that way." I agree with smd1998. It bothers me that people are like that, but it's none of my business. Just don't stuff it down my throat and make marriage between same sex legal so I see it on national TV. That is just sickening.
I don't like seeing wrestling, golf, TV evangelicals, or shows about snakes on national tv.

Should it be illegal to be a wrestler? Play golf? Snakes on TV (Animals and televangelists)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle
It sounds like little like you might be trying to convince yourself of your security. As they say, many people have "***" feelings. Read the Primal Scream.
Believe it or not, many people honestly DO NOT CARE about homosexuality. They are so secure in their own sexuality, in fact, that seeing it "on national TV" doesn't evoke a visceral reaction.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM

3,161 posts, read 4,631,183 times
I'm secure. I'd do it with a woman.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Comparing old and/or fat people to homosexuals is just ludicrous.

How so? Other than the fact that MOST fat people CHOOSE to be fat, and homosexuality is not a choice, I don't see a difference.

Being "fat" sure as hell aint "natural."

Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't like seeing wrestling, golf, TV evangelicals, or shows about snakes on national tv.

different

Should it be illegal to be a wrestler? Play golf? Snakes on TV (Animals and televangelists)?

different

Believe it or not, many people honestly DO NOT CARE about homosexuality. They are so secure in their own sexuality, in fact, that seeing it "on national TV" doesn't evoke a visceral reaction.
Well, if that's the case, how nifty for them. I guess they aren't concerned with moral and values in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections