Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,310,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Looks like he went for option C.
I think it's best to ignore him as he seems to be ignoring our questions.

I don't know why they even bother to respond if they don't want to discuss the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 AM

932 posts, read 1,672,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
No he'll say "You're getting close...come on..connect the dots."

And then sanrene will join in and say "you're supposedly black (I guess maybe I lost some black points along the way or something) but you really don't know that rappers are the cause of everything that's wrong in the black community? Really? You don't know that"

and then sunshine will jump in and say "all wrap music should bee band! Freedumb of speech should only be gave two people who won't abooze it."

and then we'll all respond and ask for factual information and they'll start over again. I think the motive of their game is to see how long they can keep us entertained with this foolishness. I bet they don't even believe half the crap they say or if they do will never let any of these words escape their lips within a 10-mile radius of a black person. You know with us all being thugs and low-lifes

Back to the OP - has anybody heard BET's take on the song?
LMAO Exactly...

No I'm gonna go see if its on the website.

Exactly he took the last step and came up with Bill! C would only make it easy for him...Ignore the facts and say what he wants...

I like that we can shut a thread down where most posters base their posts on nothing...and we can prove them wrong...yesssss!!!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:02 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,800,423 times
Najee Ali (of Project Islamic H.O.P.E.) wrote a letter to Ludacris about his song. Interesting to say the least. Could Project Islamic H.O.P.E. be the place Obama got his "Hope" message???????

EURweb.com - NAJEE ALI'S OPEN LETTER TO LUDACRIS: 'With friends like you, Obama doesn't need enemies.' (http://eurweb.com/story/eur45795.cfm - broken link)

Project Islamic HOPE | Helping Oppressed People Everywhere

Old 07-31-2008, 11:03 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,807,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Najee Ali (of Project Islamic H.O.P.E.) wrote a letter to Ludacris about his song. Interesting to say the least. Could Project Islamic H.O.P.E. be the place Obama got his "Hope" message???????
I was thinking he got it from the dictionary.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM

932 posts, read 1,672,226 times
Since you wrote it as H.O.P.E, I just thought it was some sort of acronym for something.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,780,976 times
I've heard it.

FUNNY AS HELL.

And you know what I think is even more laughable? The fact that soooo many of you are taking this soooo seriously that some of you think you have been given some sort of power to lable people thugs and racists and pigs.

Give me a break! To me, you're just like Bill'O who called NAS (another hip hop artest, one of the best I might add) a "bad person".
Ooooooohhhhh. Let's all fear the angry black man. Please. I could go to youtube and pull off some stuff that wouldn't really make Bill look like a "good person".

Each and everyone of you on this thread has to realize something. LUDACRIS DID NOT WRITE THIS SONG FOR YOU. Of course there is seriousness in this song (good example: the "get off yo' a** and vote" part), but this was also a funny song to me and alot of his target audience.

Oh and speaking of double standards: Ludacris wasn't the only person to call Hillary Clinton a *****, y'know? Ever heard of Saturday Night Live? No thugs on there. I'm pretty sure even her husband...... ah, let's not get into that.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:12 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,906,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
So none of you agree with Obama's speech that black men should start taking personal responsibilty?
We think all men should start taking responsibility. Not just black ones. You mentioned that black men are the larger percent so they should be the ones to take responsibility. Is that your standing or are you saying all men and just happen to keep saying black men because of the fact that Ludacris is black?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,718,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
LiveLeak.com - Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton

NSFW language wise. I think it just starts automatically.
Interesting. So this is election is based on race and people should vote for Obama just because he is black. That appears to be his stance, he's such a racist.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM

956 posts, read 1,229,474 times
While the thread seems to have taken on a life of its own I must confess I read the first page and the last and couldn't bring myself to read the in between.

But to get back to the OP, I don't like the "song" but I don't like rap so that might explain it. However, beyond that whatever point Ludacris is making is lost when he chooses to denegrate people in such a vile way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post

The statement below also disdains my heart:

Quote:
Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
That only furthers the racial divide that everyone has tried to eliminate. .............
And this is so true.

And it's no way to make friends and influence people.

It's so sad we have come to a time that the words "black" and "white" have somehow become racist even when used in the most innocent ways (i.e. black sheep, black hole, etc).

The White House being white has absolutely NOTHING to do with race. The suggestion that the White House will be painted black is just meant to be incendiary and it's my impression that this is exactly what Obama was trying to get away from.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
I fear that race relations and the divisiveness will get worse - no matter if obama wins or loses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections