Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
A study was just released this week confirming that the major networks and news channels give more FAVORABLE coverage to McCain than Obama, and they say more negative things about Obama than McCain. Its honestly the truth, as counted by some nonpartisan media watch group. The fact simply is that there is no media bias or crush on Obama. And if you've watched Fox lately (which I sure haven't) you'd note that an entire network actively despises Obama. No entire network despises John McCain so I definitely respectfully dont see your point.

Also, I really question whether you believe in your heart that Obama wants us to switch to Spanish from English. I dont believe that quote and it would be nice if you could point us to the exact quote and source. For some reason I'm suspecting that would be Rush Limbaugh or one of those loonies.

Frankly IMO its more important for voters to vote their own economic interests, rather than the economic interests of the top 10% or less of the nations most wealthy people than to get caught up in vaguely "not liking his hope and change message". Who really cares who you'd rather attend a barbeque with (that would be Obama hands down)!
That's the study I saw, also.

Seriously, McCain has been a media darling for years. I think those who are blaming their anitpathy on Obama's media coverage are somehow tuned into the excitement he generates in his live appearances, not the media coverage of those events and follow-up commentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The vitriol directed towards Obama in this forum is insane in its volume and stridency.

What gives? What is it about Obama that sets some of you off on these pyschotic screeds?

Any rational examination of the two candidates reveals that the things that Obama is smeared for on this forum, McCain is equally as guilty of...

A) Obama: accused of being "too liberal"
McCain: ditto

B) Obama: accused of flip-flopping
McCain: same thing

C) Obama: church/faith questions
McCain: called religious leaders "agents of intolerance"

D) Obama: wants to change Washington
McCain: "the maverick"

Please enlighten me.

Some posters (easy to identify by a casual review of the thread starters here) have a lot of venom in their veins. I can't begin to speculate on the source of that bitterness and spite.

It's pathetic, though.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:53 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
I have heard the clip of Obama telling a audience"not to worry about them speaking English". I dont watch TV news At all(They are all slanted as hell)I admit the Media has always been friendly to McCain(because he leans left).
This "If you dont like/vote for Obama...Youre racist" is garbage!

Last edited by averagejoe76; 07-31-2008 at 08:05 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 07:58 AM

Talking Obama's unfair media advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I have heard the clip of Obama telling a audience"not to worry about them speaking..
English".I dont watch TV news at all(They are all slanted as hell)
I admit the Media has always been friendly to McCain(because he leans left).
This "If you dont like/vote for Obama...Youre racist" is garbage!

Instead of "the clip", if you saw the entire remark, he was talking about how in much of the developed world, school children are required to learn at least two laguages. He goes on to suggest that it would be good for American kids to learn additional languages in our schools.

But you no doubt didn't see that part of his remark, because "the media is in love with Obama" and showed the snippet that was sure to elicit a large emotional response. It did, too. They were right. Why do they "love" him so much?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
I dont really have a problem with Americans learning another language(by choice).
Its the sell-out's who cater to Illegals.You want to live in my country?
Learn english,our laws,our customs.Dont tell i NEED to teach my children or..
I have to adapt!90% of the Media is in the tank for him though some try to hide it.
Even Lefty Saturday Night Live(Al Franken writes alot of it)did a sketch on it.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I dont really have a problem with Americans learning another language(by choice).
Its the sell-out's who cater to Illegals.You want to live in my country?
Learn english,our laws,our customs.Dont tell i NEED to teach my children or..
I have to adapt!90% of the Media is in the tank for him though some try to hide it.
Even Lefty Saturday Night Live(Al Franken writes alot of it)did a sketch on it.

I live in Texas. We have LOTS of illegals here. I often wonder why the feds haven't done anything about it over the past eight years. In fact, it's gotten a whole lot worse in that time.

Can you think of anyone who might benefit from having millions of sub-minimum wage workers in America? Workers who couldn't complain to OSHA about unsafe working conditions or go to any government agency to tell about being paid less than the legal minimum?

I can...

Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The vitriol directed towards Obama in this forum is insane in its volume and stridency.

What gives? What is it about Obama that sets some of you off on these pyschotic screeds?

Any rational examination of the two candidates reveals that the things that Obama is smeared for on this forum, McCain is equally as guilty of...

A) Obama: accused of being "too liberal"
McCain: ditto

B) Obama: accused of flip-flopping
McCain: same thing

C) Obama: church/faith questions
McCain: called religious leaders "agents of intolerance"

D) Obama: wants to change Washington
McCain: "the maverick"

Please enlighten me.

There's no doubt that there are some extremely angry and volatile personalities on this forum. Their hatred for Obama appears to be visceral and irrational.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
There's no doubt that there are some extremely angry and volatile personalities on this forum. Their hatred for Obama appears to be visceral and irrational.
Or perhaps they want to ensure it's going to be America first? Can one really trust the illegitimate son of a radical mother who had communist sympathies with multiple non American 3rd world husbands? Also the son of a African goat herder with no experience in government?

McCain may be many things good and bad BUT we all know where his alliances are and to whom. To me that's not irrational at all.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM

571 posts, read 852,993 times
Is this a joke?

First Republicans and a few democrats say he cant be president he doesnt have enough experence now he has shown he has the right stuff whats your response
He is acting to much like a president.

I hope this is a joke because at this point its looking very stupit

Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
stupit huh? no comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
Is this a joke?

First Republicans and a few democrats say he cant be president he doesnt have enough experence now he has shown he has the right stuff whats your response
He is acting to much like a president.

I hope this is a joke because at this point its looking very stupit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections