U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 06:11 AM

5,233 posts, read 7,740,462 times

Advertisements

Ok.
So many people think Obama is Muslim...possibly a terrorist even...some kind of racist, one-man "sleeper cell." I'm starting to think instead of a black racist, Obama is a hell of a good campaigner. He can make an incredible speech with only modest help from a speech writer at times.....not to mention the books he has written, his detailed policy stances, the nearly flawless primary campaign he ran to beat the presumptive queen of the Democratic Party as well as his ability to inspire and work with others, including Republicans.

If Obama is such a "Black, Muslim racist" as people say, why is he beating the conservative white guy 322-216 in the electoral college (according to an average of all polls)??? Wouldn't a true "flawed Black Muslim candidate" have very little support??? Wouldn't a true "flawed, Muslim one-hit wonder boy" be polling WAY behind and be able to raise very little money?

Me thinks it is because he's good - real good.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,755,944 times
Way too sensible.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,630,585 times
I'm not familiar with that site. How do they come up with the numbers?

Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 AM

1,965 posts, read 2,425,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
If Obama is such a "Black, Muslim racist" as people say, why is he beating the conservative white guy
Because he's neither Muslim nor racist.

Only a select group of ignorant yahoos think he's Muslim. More people think he's racist, but apparently not enough to make much of a difference.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 AM

2,779 posts, read 6,809,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Ok.
So many people think Obama is Muslim...possibly a terrorist even...some kind of racist, one-man "sleeper cell." I'm starting to think instead of a black racist, Obama is a hell of a good campaigner. He can make an incredible speech with only modest help from a speech writer at times.....not to mention the books he has written, his detailed policy stances, the nearly flawless primary campaign he ran to beat the presumptive queen of the Democratic Party as well as his ability to inspire and work with others, including Republicans.

If Obama is such a "Black, Muslim racist" as people say, why is he beating the conservative white guy 322-216 in the electoral college (according to an average of all polls)??? Wouldn't a true "flawed Black Muslim candidate" have very little support??? Wouldn't a true "flawed, Muslim one-hit wonder boy" be polling WAY behind and be able to raise very little money?

Me thinks it is because he's good - real good.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map
Me thinks you are on to something....

Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 AM

1,487 posts, read 2,055,755 times
When I read the title of this thread I thought Louis Farrakhan was running.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:38 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,075,856 times
Not sure i believe your numbers but....
Heres my view, Mccain doesnt excite his base at all,In fact many dislike him.
Obama has the Media pulling for him which doesnt hurt.
Obama has the young Demographic 18-28.
Repubs are very unpopular currently due to Bush,scandal's in past year.
So you see alot of moderates swing Obama's way.
I feel like Obama is an empty suit with a great hype machine and good marketing.
If he is elected and does well i ll give credit where credit is due.
For me there's no good choice in this Election.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 AM

14,419 posts, read 26,249,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Not sure i believe your numbers but....
Heres my view, Mccain doesnt excite his base at all,In fact many dislike him.
Obama has the Media pulling for him which doesnt hurt.
Obama has the young Demographic 18-28.
Repubs are very unpopular currently due to Bush,scandal's in past year.
So you see alot of moderates swing Obama's way.
I feel like Obama is an empty suit with a great hype machine and good marketing.
If he is elected and does well i ll give credit where credit is due.
For me there's no good choice in this Election.
An above-average assessment for an "average Joe." This sums up my take on the whole thing.

McCain is not the attraction. Sarah Palin is. Sarah Palin, when you take away a few ideological differences, is exactly what Barack Obama is. Both have fluffed up their "experience" to cover their lack thereof. They're young, smooth-talking and are basically celebrities. They're also, when it comes down to brass tacks, the people who are running. People backing McCain-Palin seem to be doing it in spite of McCain. What was too much inexperience to be in a position to become president two weeks ago is perfectly OK now.

As for the media thing - before Palin, you had a charismatic young guy running against a boring old man. Now you have some librarian (albeit one who seems to like the idea of banning books) MILF with a pregnant unwed teenage daughter. Sorry to break it to you people, but Americans eat that **** up. It's why all the talk over Britney Spears and her sister despite the fact that neither one has done anything noteworthy lately besides being controversial for controversy's sake. To me, the issue isn't the pregnancy but how her mother's stated policies on sex education have failed the country as well as her daughter. But the media is going to dumb it down for the average idiot and just focus on the dirt. It works all ways. Remember Monica Lewinsky.

They gave Obama a pass, and now honestly they are giving Palin a pass. People need to separate the bloggers and the armchair pundits (such as - ahem - the people here) from the proper media. Daily Kos is not the mainstream media. It's a glorified blog. But people don't really understand the difference. As it is, I think people watch too much TV, particularly cable news. Cable news is the dregs of the mainstream media. FAUX News, CNN, MSNBC, no matter. It's all the same to me. It took an invasion of Iraq and a bunch of slack-jawed talking head nitwits mindlessly beating the war drum for me to figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or