Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In retrospect, was the trip a disaster?
Yes 19 45.24%
No 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times

Advertisements

You don't even have to look in retrospect to know it was a disaster. Are democrats so clueless (i guess the answer is yes) that they thought a presidential candidate being worshipped by foreigners was a good thing? I can think of TONS of people on this site that could have predicted how this would end up. The whole thing, with the reporters and the screaming crowds, was downright frightening. I was no Obama fan to begin with but the whole scene was creepy. Blind worship by the masses. That will win votes over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 PM

69 posts, read 203,551 times
Default What's wrong with McCain?

You know the thing that gets me is although Mccain has been a politician for 30 years and he doesnt have a clue it seems on the basic issues, he comes across as unsure and unknowledgable and just plain corny at times. Now i would expect this from obama the new kid on the block and all but mccain i'm really surprised at him. i think the trip was a good will tactic and an effort by obama to showcase his diplomatic skills, but mccain use to be my guy and i expected so much more from him, i'm losing faith in him.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
The pretender has had his pants handed to him in the last week.

He went from being a contender to being a pretender.

Yes, this trip allowed us to even show those who are undecided what this man is made of.

It is just not this trip, but more and more facts are coming out and people who used to think highly of him are changing their minds in huge numbers.

Now since his favorite rapper comes out attacking Hillary, even Hillary voters are coming on board for McCain.

He and his groupies are falling apart. I expect Obama will start crying like he did yesterday with that wimpy voice attacking McCain.

STOP WHINING BARRY !!

As a side note, this trip showed us he is not capable of being a commander, when he couldnt even stop and see our heros without his cameras.

Then he sees the polls and trends dropping him like a rock and what does he do, follows McCains lead on oil drilling. The guy just cannot do anything right, he has to follow after McCain on every issue.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:00 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,574,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Much like children, as long as it is bright & shiny they will continue to be mesmerized.
The way you look at George Bush?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
It has to be considered a disaster. I'm certain with all of the Nations joining in to contribute to the relief fund in order to contain the massive debt this crisis will cost the World and the US taxpayer, we haven't seen the end of it.

On a scale of 1-10 of all of the Disasters in recent memory this is probably five or six Katrina's and at least two Tsunami's. Folks are running out to get duct tape and generators and from what I hear the only acceptable currency will be dimes, nickels and two dollar bills.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
Funny that all the negativity in these posts is not reflected in the numbers of the poll...it's a good reminder, no?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Funny that all the negativity in these posts is not reflected in the numbers of the poll...it's a good reminder, no?
Well obviously you haven't had enough. Hang on...we got a fresh load of negativity on the way....

Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
gonna need alot of shovels ; O

Old 08-02-2008, 01:58 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sure seems like it. Who knows what mistake has cost him the most.

I'll go back to my prediction that conducting a political rally on foreign soil is just not something a US Presidential candidate should do. I had a feeling it would backfire.

I know the left-wing nuts who support obama thought the "visuals" and "staging" was just fantastic - how wrong they turned out to be.
No different than McCain's speeches in Mexico and Canada.

The only difference was that Obama had bigger crowds as usual.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:31 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
i voted "yes" but i also wanted to vote "no". Since it showed more and more who the real Obama is so it can be both. Yes for showing us that he isn't a president at all, no for showing us that he isn't a president which we already knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections